PDA

View Full Version : speed pulls form & speed bench form: please critique ...

zk001
01-18-2010, 05:32 AM
hi,

could you please check my form on speed pulls and speed bench. what mistakes did I do?

http://www.youtube.com/user/zbynek1504#p/a/u/0/NPyUD-HsFw4

http://www.youtube.com/user/zbynek1504#p/a/u/1/jYI0iNPM4Ss

all feedback is welcome

thank you

zk

ScottYard
01-18-2010, 06:52 AM
2 things jump out to me but since Im not a sumo guy dont take this as Gospel.

1) Keep your but down to start the pull. It shoots up and you are lossing all your leverage

2) Keep those arms straight. Just use your arms as hooks or youll be getting a bicep repaired

Travis Bell
01-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I agree completely with Scott.

Also you might consider dropping the weight down a little. Those didn't look super fast

With the bench, I can't really tell from that angle but it looks like you don't quite lock out your reps all the way. Not bad speed though.

Brian Hopper
01-18-2010, 12:39 PM
I agree with Scott and Travis!!!

It looked more stiff-legged, and it also looked like your using too much weight for speed work. As far as the bench looked, I agree with Travis because it looked like they weren't locked out.

AdamBAG
01-18-2010, 04:17 PM
You need to drop your butt more and open up your knees with your chest up. As the others have said, you are doing a straight leg lift.

vdizenzo
01-18-2010, 04:35 PM
For the bench, tuck your shoulders better, force your knees out, and keep your head down while benching.

zk001
01-19-2010, 01:46 AM
wow, so many replies. thank you all very much. amazing how many mistakes I do. thanks a lot!!!

zk

ScottYard
01-19-2010, 06:11 AM
For the bench, tuck your shoulders better, force your knees out, and keep your head down while benching.

I never think about forcing my knees out for the bench.

Good tip Vinny

dgunnermuro
01-19-2010, 10:37 AM
With regard to the deadlift, I like to coach sumo pullers to keep the head and chest high and squeeze the lats upon initial pull. This usually corrects the issue of high hips at initial pull. If you have a t-shirt on with a logo on it, I want to be able to read the logo when you start the pull. Pull in front of a mirror if its practical.

No need to shrug the weight at lockout. That prolongs the pull and lengthens the stroke. Your bicep tendons will love you for this.

mikesbench
01-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Main thing to me on the speed bench is you need to lock out each rep. Not too bd though.