01-19-2010, 04:44 AM
I wana loose weight while still doing gym
please give me some advice if im doing this correctly
also i am
93kg
186cm height
17 yrs old

my protein which i take
http://www.sportyshealth.com.au/horleys-ripped-factors-the-best-protein-for-helping-you-strip-f-pr-2915.html

breakfast:

4 egg whites,1 yolk, scrambled in a pan with oil.
1 horleys ripped factors 100% whey protein isloate plus shake with water.
1 piece of multigrain Bread
140calories for the eggs, 122 calories for the shake, 80 calories for the bread

= 342 calorie intake
= 52.3 grams of protein
=======================================================

LUNCH:

can of tuna in multigrain bread with lettuce and carrot

= under 400 calories
= 20-25 grams of protein

pre workout meal:

1 horleys ripped factors 100% whey protein isloate plus shake with water. 122 calories
1 chicken breast, 4oz 144 calories

= 266calories
= 57.6 grams of protein
30mins before workout:

no xplode 36 calories
post workout:

1 horleys ripped factors 100% whey protein isloate plus shake with water.
= 122 calories
= 27.6 grams of protein
other:

2L of water during the day
a banana, 107 calories
a apple 80calories

Total calories:

Total protein:

also

CHEST

20squats 1 set max weight

Bench press 20/15/8/4/2

Flat bench flys 10/10/8/7/10

Decline push up *20 reps 5 SETS

Standard push ups *20 reps 5 SETS

50 flat bench presses 1 SET

50 standard pushups 1 SET

Decline bench press *50reps 1 SET

FRIDAY
MONDAY

BICEPS

20 squats

50 pushups

Barbell curl 10/8/6/6/4

Military press 6/5/3/5/4

100 hammer curls, 50 each arm

100 Bicep curls, 50 each arm

100rep push ups

SATURDAY
TUESDAY

just wondering is this a good way too loose weight while maintaining muscle?
also should i stick to my strict protein diet even on the days im not doing gym?

LuNa
01-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Without further statistics (weight, height and age) im going to say you are starving your body. Under 1400 calories is too low and you are definitely not going to maintain your muscle.

Your routine is also sub-par. Im guessing you do not have a gym membership. If i were you, i would eat more to maintain weight while you look for a gym and get a decent routine (there are several on this website). After that i would aim for about 0.5-1 lbs of weightloss a week.

This isn't very detailed information but it is difficult to answer your question without more information. Maybe you could provide a bit more such as the aforementioned statistics.

bullzye xxx
01-19-2010, 06:30 AM
93kg
186cm height
17 yrs old

also i have a garage gym with a full weight set and everything i need which i purchased.

Just trying to loose weight and gain lots of muscle :)

skinny99
01-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Are you doing it correctly? Not really. You need to eat properly. More meat and real veggies. A guess would be in the 2200-2500 calorie range. If you lift heavy, you can lose some fat and gain muscle for a little while. You prob don't need to lose a much weight just put some muscle on.

As far as a lifting protocol look at an established routine designed by an experienced lifter. One of these two would be good. You will waste a lot of time on your own programs.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130170
http://www.wannabebig.com/training/routines-and-programs/wannabebig-the-original-routine/

bullzye xxx
01-19-2010, 08:58 AM
I want to hit the 80kg plateu mark and also are you reccomending i eat between 2200-2500 calories? also i can bench 80kg * 1rep which is like 90% of my BW so i guess im going ok, anyway thanks for the links il check them out.
btw what do you think of this http://www.wannabebig.com/training/complexes-for-fat-loss/

skinny99
01-19-2010, 09:23 AM
93kg
186cm height
17 yrs old

also i have a garage gym with a full weight set and everything i need which i purchased.

Just trying to loose weight and gain lots of muscle :)

These goals are attainable but very challenging. If you wanna lose 13kg and gain lots of muscle it is gonna take a long time. At 80kg with some real muscle you are going to be very skinny/low body fat. I would lift heavy for a while and try and maintain your weight. After you are strong maybe cut some fat off if you still feel like you need to. You will be doing yourself a diservice if you don't take advantage of how much muscle you can gain at first.

Yes you need to eat at least 2000 calories a day. Most likely you will still be losing a little weight and gaining muscle. Track your calories and weight.

That fat loss protocol is awesome,however if you do one of those routines I posted you will have to be careful with recovery. I am on SS and tried them and found that it was too intense to be combined with a those programs.

bullzye xxx
01-19-2010, 09:43 AM
with SS, you used heavy heavy weights right like atleast 80%-90% of your max lift on a particular excercise, also any idea on what other foods i can eat that are healthy and that will get my calorie intake to 2000? one more question, is my protein that i take good? because its a fat stripping protein.

StLRPh
01-19-2010, 09:53 AM
with SS, you used heavy heavy weights right like atleast 80%-90% of your max lift on a particular excercise, also any idea on what other foods i can eat that are healthy and that will get my calorie intake to 2000? one more question, is my protein that i take good? because its a fat stripping protein.

SS doesn't really use percentages. It is based off of a linear progression from the previous workout. Do you have the book?

bullzye xxx
01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
SS doesn't really use percentages. It is based off of a linear progression from the previous workout. Do you have the book?

I wish i had the book, but im just gonna change to this routine with heavy weights.
http://www.wannabebig.com/training/routines-and-programs/wannabebig-the-original-routine/

VikingWarlord
01-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Something that people usually forget to mention is that if you're in caloric deficit, you WILL NOT progress on Starting Strength as outlined in the book. If you're a beginner and looking to cut, it's an excellent way to get a solid foundation in the basic compound movements but the linear progression very likely won't apply to you in the same way it would to someone not looking to cut.

Any routine that hits all major muscle groups twice per week is good. Baby Got Back or WBB1.1 will be good routines.

Your diet sucks. Eat real food. You're relying too much on protein shakes. You won't stay satiated drinking mostly shakes. You're also not on a PSMF so raise your intake. Your intake for a moderate cut should be no less than about 20% below your maintenance. Don't know maintenance, you figure it out and do the math. Starting Strength will kill you if you try to train while eating like this.

All this information is elsewhere on the site. Spend a couple hours and read.

bullzye xxx
01-19-2010, 10:04 AM
yeah i know, i hate takeing shakes and i want real food and i want to eat more and i thought if i did it would be bad, and thanks for the advice.

LuNa
01-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Something that people usually forget to mention is that if you're in caloric deficit, you WILL NOT progress on Starting Strength as outlined in the book. If you're a beginner and looking to cut, it's an excellent way to get a solid foundation in the basic compound movements but the linear progression very likely won't apply to you in the same way it would to someone not looking to cut.

Any routine that hits all major muscle groups twice per week is good. Baby Got Back or WBB1.1 will be good routines.

Your diet sucks. Eat real food. You're relying too much on protein shakes. You won't stay satiated drinking mostly shakes. You're also not on a PSMF so raise your intake. Your intake for a moderate cut should be no less than about 20% below your maintenance. Don't know maintenance, you figure it out and do the math. Starting Strength will kill you if you try to train while eating like this.

All this information is elsewhere on the site. Spend a couple hours and read.

Read this again, great advice.

Unreal
01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
There is a thread at the top that says "<<< BodyBuilding & Weight Lifting FAQ - LOOK HERE before asking questions >>> ".

Have you thought about looking in there? It answers all this. There is a whole list of foods in there to eat.