PDA

View Full Version : advice for a newbie

tacoma5150
01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I have been reading posts here for a while trying to soak up all the great advice but have a question. I have been working out now for about 8 months. I wanted to lose some weight and have been pretty satisfied doing that. I'm 42 yo, 6' tall, and was 210 and I'm at 185 now. I would like to have a more cut, toned body and although I have lost weight, my body is only showing minimal gains. I am using the routine 2 workout now and I really like it but am unsure on my diet. Should I eat more or do I need to reduce my calories to obtain my goal? I dont want to gain weight, just look better. Here is a sample of what I'm eating. Breakfeast- protein shake, banana, Lunch- tuna on wheat, chicken soup, Snack- protein shake, Dinner- lean red meat or chcken beast, veggies, brown rice.

Sean S
01-19-2010, 11:14 AM
I would re-post this in the diet section since your question is primarily diet-related. I'm not a moderator, so I can't move it for you.

alin
01-19-2010, 11:17 AM
I think it would be better if you posted some detailed information i.e. the amount of calories you consume, your lifting numbers, etc. I'm in no position to offer you advice, but there are many in this forum who are.

Holto
01-19-2010, 02:33 PM
I have been reading posts here for a while trying to soak up all the great advice but have a question. I have been working out now for about 8 months. I wanted to lose some weight and have been pretty satisfied doing that. I'm 42 yo, 6' tall, and was 210 and I'm at 185 now. I would like to have a more cut, toned body and although I have lost weight, my body is only showing minimal gains. I am using the routine 2 workout now and I really like it but am unsure on my diet. Should I eat more or do I need to reduce my calories to obtain my goal? I dont want to gain weight, just look better. Here is a sample of what I'm eating. Breakfeast- protein shake, banana, Lunch- tuna on wheat, chicken soup, Snack- protein shake, Dinner- lean red meat or chcken beast, veggies, brown rice.

1) Start tracking calories with the intention of not losing or gaining weight

(Once you have this daily total, you will know your maintenance calorie intake)

2) Decrement 500 cals from this maintenance intake and follow that for two weeks

(If you are happy with the rate of fat loss, continue, or tweak it up or down 250 cals/week)