PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift Suit

basbolstar
01-19-2010, 02:19 PM
How much LBS do you think these add?? I have used one(Inzer) in events in ther past and feel they do help, but not as much as some people rave about.

I was curious to what other people thought..

Lones Green
01-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Not too much. Some guys have them mastered and get a good bit, sumo typically gets more than conventional.

Certainly nothing like the squat though

AdamBAG
01-19-2010, 02:29 PM
It's really hard to say. Conventional usually less than sumo for sure. With any type of gear you can't say "you'll get X out of it" because everyone has certain strengths and weaknesses and technique used varies person by person.

Only way to know it so try it.

douglasoh5
01-19-2010, 07:00 PM
I get alot out of my deadlift suit and I pull conv...prolly close too 100lbs

mastermonster
01-19-2010, 10:00 PM
It's hard for me to know how much. I use a Titan Velocity and I get more from it than I can hold onto. In other words, I get more out of it than my grip strength will let me take advantage of.

muscle_g
01-20-2010, 04:22 AM
I use a Inzer Max DL suit and I get around 60lbs out of it. I deadlift sumo.

ScottYard
01-20-2010, 06:30 AM
I get alot out of my deadlift suit and I pull conv...prolly close too 100lbs

I would get around 15-20 Lbs but it never showed as I was always out of shape to pull a 3rd deadlift in a meet lol.

If anything it will atleast let you pull in a meet what you can do fresh raw without squatting and benching first.

Damn Rich. Thats awesome. Was it like that from day one?

douglasoh5
01-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Scott no it just got in the way at first. I changed my form some and have focused on my lockout alot over the past cpl years.

ScottYard
01-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Either way thats impressive.

Sean Hatley
01-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Metal King Pro Deadlifter is a awesome suit. I get about 100lbs or more out of it and i pull conventional.

Sean S
01-20-2010, 10:39 AM
You can get a pretty good amount (at least 100+) out of gear with a sumo DL. Basically wear as much or as tight as you can and still get in decent position to start the pull.
It seems to vary a good bit with the conventional DL. For those with a weak or problematic lockout, a suit often doesn't help much at all. That is unless they also correct their technique and/or lockout strength at the same time. For those who are weaker off the floor, the suit seems to help quite a bit. My weakness is off the floor and I used to get 70+ out of a Metal pro deadlifter.
If your technique sucks, then you're not going to get much out of a suit with either style.

douglasoh5
01-20-2010, 12:34 PM
sean that used to be my probelm...My form sucked and I was extremely weak at lockout. I worked on my form(try to mimic Ano) and have lived in a power rack the last 2 1/2 years and my pull is up 200lbs+...same metal pro dl suit....I just added velcro to the straps bout 8 months ago cause my btw is always up and down.

I went from this v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5trq-4jxuPI
to this v in a lil over 2 years.....form is alot different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxzXC0NIwVU pulling starts at 1:30

most ppl that pull conv in a suit pull the same way as they do raw....so most likely they wont get much out of the suit. you dont squat or bench the same as you do in gear so why do it during the dl....I made the change to my form(geared) and it works wonders.....

Ben F Burgess
01-20-2010, 12:57 PM
sean that used to be my probelm...My form sucked and I was extremely weak at lockout. I worked on my form(try to mimic Ano) and have lived in a power rack the last 2 1/2 years and my pull is up 200lbs+...same metal pro dl suit....I just added velcro to the straps bout 8 months ago cause my btw is always up and down.

I went from this v

most ppl that pull conv in a suit pull the same way as they do raw....so most likely they wont get much out of the suit. you dont squat or bench the same as you do in gear so why do it during the dl....I made the change to my form(geared) and it works wonders.....

Awesome. Its always impressive to see someone have a clear goal, work hard for it then go ahead and smash it to bits.

Sean S
01-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Awesome. Its always impressive to see someone have a clear goal, work hard for it then go ahead and smash it to bits.

That's why Rich is a good lifter. He saw a problem and addressed it. Unfortunately, many lifters try a suit and don't do well after a session or two and scrap it instead of figuring out how to make it work for them.
He is entirely correct in that you have to alter your set-up so that it mimics what you will do in the suit, even when you are pulling raw in training. That way you have a routine when you get to the meet and you've addressed whatever weaknesses you might have.

Brian Hopper
01-20-2010, 04:13 PM

I went from this v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5trq-4jxuPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxzXC0NIwVU pulling starts at 1:30

Maybe this is my problem, I try to pull in a suit the same way I pull raw and this might be my problem. I don't think I can grip and rip like Ano, but it's worth a shot. How tight are your straps?

EmptyBarbell
01-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Anyone having any success with the FUSION?

basbolstar
01-21-2010, 07:38 AM
I have seen people rip some great DL in Metal Dl suits. I like the Inzer one.

I have meet this Saturday. I have been doing 500+ raw. I hope the suit gives me a possible 525-535.

We shall see..

hodgman
01-25-2010, 07:49 PM
metal dl and i get about 75 #s. conventional.

BloodandThunder
01-26-2010, 09:57 AM
If you're short on cash and need a good versatile suit for single-ply squat/dl, i'd go with a wide stance centurion put on backwards for DL. Make training with the straps up a priority, though. Although I don't have a home run DL, I find that getting in the proper amount of work in with the straps up is the key. Some lifters like the suit tight on the hips for a good pop. Some lifters who hit a brick wall before their knee like the suit straps to be ungodly tight on the lower end of the traps. Just determine where your weakness is at, try to get a suit that will cover that weakness in, and get your work in.

H_M
01-26-2010, 03:13 PM
i like my metal ace a lot for deadlifting. i get about 140lbs - 150lbs out of it (sumo).

SELK
01-26-2010, 04:11 PM
What are some tips for getting more carryover in a DL suit? I bet I get about 30lbs if I am lucky.