PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

david27
01-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Hey I was just looking for some advice I been trying to bulk up im currently at 5,8 156 lbs but my gains are starting to get slower in weight and im mostly putting on fat or at least getting some fat around the stomach.Im wondering if i should keep bulking up or just switch to cutting up.My workout routine is all heavy weights now 5 days a week first day chest second back lats third triceps shoulders fourth biceps for arms 5th legs been doing no cardio.My diet right now id close to this first meal oatmeal with skim milk second turkey sadwhich no mayo on wheat third protein shake or protein bar with skim milk 4th steak or chicken with walnuts 5th another protein shake or protein bar.I drink about 2 liters of water a day.If anyone has any advice please share on better ways to bulk up without putting on fat or if I am a good size to start cutting up here are some of my pictures.My body fat was last measured at 8.9 percent.

skinny99
01-20-2010, 09:45 AM
You should continue bulking for sure. At your height you need to get in the 170's before thinking about a cut. You will have to put up with a little bit of fat in order to gain strength/muscle.

As far as your diet,forget the skim milk and drink whole milk. And food,more meat,especially some red meat. Mayo won't hurt you either.

Last you are bulking and working out 5 days a week,usually that is not a solid plan. There are a couple good three day programs that will prob put more size/strength on you.

Look at these two.
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130170
http://www.wannabebig.com/training/routines-and-programs/wannabebig-the-original-routine/

af92
01-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Yes, a 3 day program is probably the best. I've been doing that for quite some time now with great results. You have to make sure you get plenty of rest, otherwise you don't get quality growth out of each week of pain.

Also, with the whole milk thing - If you find your gaining too much fat from it, switch over to 2% for a bit, or even switch between the 2 every other week. Just a thought.

ryuage
01-26-2010, 08:59 AM
how are you so sure what you are putting on is just fat? if you are indeed "bulking" you will put on some fat with the muscle... it just goes with the territory. Also, if you were truly 8.9 percent body fat there really would be no need to start a cut as you would already been pretty damn lean. Evaluate your diet and possibly cut back some if you are gaining to rapidly.

david27
01-27-2010, 06:48 PM
I say i'm gaining a lot of fat because love handles start to show lol.I want to be down to like 4 percent body fat when cut up if possible seems that's about what percent would make you look pretty cut up.Thanks for the advice though its just takes forever for me to gain the right weight so should I go to like 170-180 then cut like 10 pounds off to cut up?I notice its extremely difficult to bulk and keep body fat low.I was going to post pics but it wouldn't let me when my post count gets higher i will.