PDA

View Full Version : Leviathan or T-Rex

muscle_g
01-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm planning on ordering a new suit, and these are the 2 suits that I'm looking at. As some of you know I have used a Leviatahn but now that I dropped weight it's extremly loose.

What are the Pro's and Con's between these 2 suits? How are they compared to each other?

douglasoh5
01-21-2010, 08:20 PM
trex is junk.....save some money and just send your suit you already have to Ginny Phillips and have her bring it in.
http://www.ginnyspowergear.com/

mastermonster
01-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Having the leviathon taken up is what I'd do if I were going to get a new one (Leviathon). Should be just as good. If you want to change take a look at the #s of lifters who've switched from Leviathons to Titan Bosses like Sam Byrd, who's squat quickly jumped over 100 lbs. just from the switch. It's that good. I did the same with 100 lbs.+ increase. Unless you're just set on staying in Inzer gear, I'd give the Boss serious consideration. Cost is about the same and a lot more lbs. for the $ to all I've seen switch. Good luck however you go!

Lones Green
01-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Leviathon beats the pants off a Trex.

Get yours altered, it will take forever, but beats paying 325 dollars. Inzer usually does stuff for 25 bucks

muscle_g
01-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks everyone but I'm looking for a suit that's easy to use. I train by myself with my wife and that's it, it's just us 2. When I was 275 it was scary as hell trying to walk the weight out, because of the canvas suit. Espeacilly with no one to spot me.

This is why I'm iffy about getting the Leviathan altered or just buying a new one. I had another guy tell me that the T-Rex gave him more carry over than the Leviathan did, and it was easier to use and get off than the canvas was.

JK1
01-22-2010, 11:47 AM
I've never used a laviathan or a TRex, but I have used a TRX quite a bit. I like the TRX as a single ply suit, but I think the Titan Super Centurion is a better suit too. The people I know squatting in a Trex have all had problems with that suit. It seems as if they get alot more out of the leviathan.

JK1
01-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone but I'm looking for a suit that's easy to use. I train by myself with my wife and that's it, it's just us 2. When I was 275 it was scary as hell trying to walk the weight out, because of the canvas suit. Espeacilly with no one to spot me.

This is why I'm iffy about getting the Leviathan altered or just buying a new one. I had another guy tell me that the T-Rex gave him more carry over than the Leviathan did, and it was easier to use and get off than the canvas was.

If thats what you are looking for and you are wanting to stay with Inzer, Id consider a pair of predator briefs under a TRX suit. I think you are half goofy if you are going to try to walk out weights with a Leviathan and I dont' think it'll be easy with a Trex.

muscle_g
01-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I think you are half goofy if you are going to try to walk out weights with a Leviathan and I dont' think it'll be easy with a Trex.

Well considering I don't have a Mono-Lift at the gym, it's the only way I can train squats. So yea I guess I'm goofy

dbc3po
01-22-2010, 01:52 PM
George get you some tight preds and have your suit brought in but have it still fit a little loose. You will get a good bit of carryover. Use Annita in Cola. she is fast and good.

Lones Green
01-22-2010, 02:01 PM
There are some gyms with monolifts in South Carolina. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to get as much as you could out of your gear

douglasoh5
01-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I like the idea of finding a gym to squat at....i know spud and donnie t both live on sc.....a drive on saterday once or twice a month wouldnt be to much if you really wanna be good. Im sure there are other gyms in sc with a monolift

dbc3po
01-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Like DouglasOH said. Im trying to trian with Marc 2 times amonth now. Email captain Will he will give you DOnnies email or PM me and I will give you Marcs. Also if you need to, I am farther away but I own a monolift in my garage gym here at my house, you are always welcome to train with me. Keep your suit get it taken in and get you some tight preds to go under it and you will be set. I have seen George lift in person, to walk out mainly he maintains pretty good form, a few trips would certainly get you to the next level, your already a good lifter.

h.t.hall
01-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Like DouglasOH said. Im trying to trian with Marc 2 times amonth now. Email captain Will he will give you DOnnies email or PM me and I will give you Marcs. Also if you need to, I am farther away but I own a monolift in my garage gym here at my house, you are always welcome to train with me. Keep your suit get it taken in and get you some tight preds to go under it and you will be set. I have seen George lift in person, to walk out mainly he maintains pretty good form, a few trips would certainly get you to the next level, your already a good lifter.

Not meaning to hijack the thread,but what a great answer and what a breath of fresh air from a fellow athlete wanting to help another fellow athlete !
This post should be a sticky and an example of exceptional behaviour and manner towards all those that sometimes appear only to criticize and bad mouth other athletes' efforts...there is hope after all !
My best compliments sir !

muscle_g
01-23-2010, 06:29 AM

Where do you live at? I'd love to train with you guys sometime.