PDA

View Full Version : Beef Liver

co14on
01-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Does anyone eat beef liver? I work at a butcher/meat cutter shop. and we sell it for $1.65 a pound or something. Which is ridiculously cheap. Would anyone advise against eating too much beef liver?

VikingWarlord
01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
If you can stand eating it, I can't see any reason not to. A quick Google for the nutritional info looks pretty good.

tom183
01-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Define 'too much.'

It's fine to eat. I personally cant stand the taste though.

co14on
01-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Oh, probably a good potion a day would be it.

Mercuryblade
01-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Oh, probably a good potion a day would be it.

I don't see any reason why witchcraft needs to be brought into this.

Liver isn't all bad, if you season it enough. Personally, I feel the iron taste to be overwhelmingly metallic, kind of like licking a nail after each bite.

AKMass
01-22-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't see any reason why witchcraft needs to be brought into this.

LOL. Too much of anything isn't good. But a serving or two of the stuff a day should be fine.

cant hit bombz
01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Brown it on both sides ( don't over cook it or it tends to get rubbery and tough), set it aside
While the Liver is cooking slice up half of an onion, and cut 2-3 slices of bacon into 1 inch pieces
add a small amount of butter to the pan you browned the liver in, and saute the onions.
cook up the bacon in the microwave.
add water and a small amount of cornstarch or flour to the pan to make a gravy. add bacon pieces and liver to gravy and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
Serve over brown rice

the bacon tends to take a little of the metallic taste away

TXslapshot
01-22-2010, 02:48 PM
I ate chicken livers once. Im not a picky eater at all and for all the protein it had for the price I thought I would definitely love it. I was wrong, I down 2 servings and havent touched livers since. Good B Vitamins in livers tho.