PDA

View Full Version : Palumbo Diet ???

pandospace
01-22-2010, 01:00 PM
i was wndering if anyone here has tried this diet in the past ?

BWx0.5 for FAT and BWx1.5 for Protein
NO direct source of Carbs less than 50grams (included in nuts/veggies)
macros (300protein..100fat..50carbs) 2300 calories a DAY

Meal 1: 5 whole eggs and Broccoli
Meal 2: 40g Whey protein 2tbsp PB
Meal 3: 200g chicken breast green salad w/ 1tbsp evoo
Meal 4. 40g Whey protein 2tbsp PB
Meal 5. 200g chicken breast green salad w/ 1tbsp evoo
Meal 6. 5 whole egg with broccoli

Cheat meal (only one, last meal of the day) of up to 500g carbs in 14 days after starting diet and once again every weak after that..

so far im on day 5 and i went from 203 -195 proabbly water weight
my energy and lifts have not dropped much with very minimal carbs to my surprise..

David Trantham
01-23-2010, 04:24 PM
my wife tried it last year for her contest. lasted about 8 weeks on the ketosis diet. then we had here go back on her traditional diet., i think it can work for some people,but natral bb and athletics i dont like it... dave is a good smart bb guy!!!

pandospace
01-23-2010, 10:39 PM
its pretty easy to follow and i have No cravings really

did she do well with the diet ?

4g64fiero
01-24-2010, 09:55 AM
I tried something similiar called the TNT diet and went out of my mind. I felt way different without carbs. Probably some sort of withdrawal. I would rather carb cycle than cut them completely but I am no expert like Trantham and I dont BB.

\/\/\/\/\/ I mean the beginner's diet. I bought the book, it was an interesting read about how saturated fat hasnt been proven to cause disease and such.

cphafner
01-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Only one plan on the TNT diet is a keto diet. The rest are carb cylcing.

Some people love keto diets and prefer fats for energy. Some hate it. Like David said, might not be the best for natural guys. It could burn off muscle.

VikingWarlord
01-24-2010, 10:33 AM
If you have a history of obesity, your carbohydrate sensitivity is probably going to be way messed up. Significantly overweight people and those who have been tend to do better on ketogenic diets.

pandospace
01-24-2010, 11:02 AM
If you have a history of obesity, your carbohydrate sensitivity is probably going to be way messed up. Significantly overweight people and those who have been tend to do better on ketogenic diets.

i was a CHUBBY kid --> teen, and i have not done well on moderate carb diets in the past i think im in that categorie then

Invain
01-24-2010, 11:30 AM
I've been on a keto diet for several months now, although I guess you could all it carb cycling to an extent since I'm refeeding twice a week now. My body loves fats. I could go from eating carbs normally for a week to completely dropping them to 0 grams and barely notice anything during the transition.

cphafner
01-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I've been on a keto diet for several months now, although I guess you could all it carb cycling to an extent since I'm refeeding twice a week now. My body loves fats. I could go from eating carbs normally for a week to completely dropping them to 0 grams and barely notice anything during the transition.

you are not hitting Ketosis then. It takes quite a while of zero carbs to hit ketosis.