PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in new bench shirt...

mikesbench
01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7eJ1FEJiTE

Beverly McD.
01-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Some good work Mike. The shirt seems to be a pretty good fit for you.

af92
01-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Holy crap! That is an insane posture! Nice lift otherwise.

mikesbench
01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks Beverly. Also, any feedback from others on touching would be much appreciated.

Lones Green
01-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Great work Mike.

I'm not the biggest bencher, but it looked like those last couple were pretty close to touching. If you would have given it just a little more time I think they would have touched

Beverly McD.
01-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Great work Mike.

I'm not the biggest bencher, but it looked like those last couple were pretty close to touching. If you would have given it just a little more time I think they would have touched
I agree with him Mike.
Have you ever watched the Big Iron guys bench? It takes them forever to touch. I have to really be sure when I head judge them that I don't yell "take it" too soon.

drew
01-25-2010, 12:39 PM
You just need a little patience. Those last two would have touched if you had stayed with it. We like to give a call of "patient" when the bar is within an inch of touching and sometimes we give a "2" "1" to let the lifter know how many inches he is from touching. When you hear this call it tells you to be patient, keep tucking your elbows and push your belly and hips up. You will get it to touch.

mikesbench
01-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Yeah; I think you guys are right about touching. To me I felt like I waited to let the bar come down, but on video I obviously didn't wait very long at all. I'll have to work on that, I'm used to touching fairly easily, so I get kind of impatient I guess.

Brian C
01-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Great benching Mike. Killer shirt too. Hoping to order mine soon.