PDA

View Full Version : Multy ply gear suggestions..

brauny96
01-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Hello everyone

I am currently in single ply for USAPL, but Im looking to add some AAPF meets into my list of meets.

I want to get some good gear, but I really dont know what to get, I was thinking a metal Ace squatter, and maybe an Inzer Rage X, but I was also thinking of maybe a double ply F6 (currently have the single ply) and just cutting the back open.

Ive been hearing great things about Overkill, I was maybe thinking getting some gear from Rudy, but again, I am not sure yet.

I wont be buying anything (unless its a good deal off Ebay) until fall most likely, Im going to do AAPF nats in my single ply gear, and Im doing AAPF MI states in march raw.

Any advice appreciated.

And By the way, I fixed my squat somewhat, not great but Im getting down to parallel and It feels better, Im still having trouble with the knee cave, but I am working on it. If you want to check the vid out my youtube username is linemen96.

Thanks!

theBarzeen
01-24-2010, 04:34 PM
+1 for Overkill gear......

NickAus
01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I would get an Overkill shirt with the chest plate 3/4" bigger.

brauny96
01-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Can I please get some prices for overkill gear?

SEOINAGE
01-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Are you sure you are ready to get into multi ply gear? It is a lot harder than you think to use, especially touching in a double ragex. What are your meet lifts in single ply? I would give it more time, put on some more weight and when those lifts are really up there start experimenting with 2 ply gear. My double ragex feels like it is destroying me with all the weight I have to put on there, I'm hanging it up to rest for a while till I really am capable, and I just want to give you this advice so you can avoid spending money even if it is used, and possible injury.

douglasoh5
01-24-2010, 05:19 PM
those are good choices....use your single ply suit under the ace as briefs and the rage x is a good choice too....never heard of anyone doing **** in a dbl f6...

Dingus
01-24-2010, 05:44 PM
those are good choices....use your single ply suit under the ace as briefs and the rage x is a good choice too....never heard of anyone doing **** in a dbl f6...

Tone Barbaccio uses a double f6, hes the only person I have heard of using one though.

brauny96
01-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Are you sure you are ready to get into multi ply gear? It is a lot harder than you think to use, especially touching in a double ragex. What are your meet lifts in single ply? I would give it more time, put on some more weight and when those lifts are really up there start experimenting with 2 ply gear. My double ragex feels like it is destroying me with all the weight I have to put on there, I'm hanging it up to rest for a while till I really am capable, and I just want to give you this advice so you can avoid spending money even if it is used, and possible injury.

Im really not sure if Im going with a rage X. Thats why I created this thread, to get some gear choices. I was thinking the dbl phenom

...or a double denim ;)

douglasoh5
01-24-2010, 07:39 PM
the phenom is good...if you want a denim try and get ahold of a karins or metal one and have it sized to you...the inzer denims are good but a karins or metal denim is better.

SEOINAGE
01-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Im really not sure if Im going with a rage X. Thats why I created this thread, to get some gear choices. I was thinking the dbl phenom

...or a double denim ;)

Any double ply, if you are only benching 235x5 you might have a hard time putting enough weight on the bar to get the bar to touch in the shirt.

mosley1990
01-25-2010, 03:51 AM
I would HIGHLY suggest Predator briefs. amazing. as for a double rage x....mine is literally killing me. I think it's mental but, dang.

brauny96
01-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Any double ply, if you are only benching 235x5 you might have a hard time putting enough weight on the bar to get the bar to touch in the shirt.

Well I can make excuses on that bench, but your probably right.

I have heard of [B]good[B] benchers being able to touch with 315 in a double.

But I never said I was a good bencher ;)

brauny96
01-25-2010, 05:14 PM
I would HIGHLY suggest Predator briefs. amazing. as for a double rage x....mine is literally killing me. I think it's mental but, dang.

Im thinking about them, but all I hear about inzer is that they will stretch out in less than a year. However, I am still keeping them in as an option.

The ace breifs, or overkill breifs are something that I'm really thinking about. But I really dont know enough on overkill yet...I just mostly hear alot of gear pimpin.

brauny96
01-25-2010, 05:18 PM
I dont want to whore my own thread with my own posts, but is a denim pretty good? Ive actually been thinking about them. Doesnt seem like many people use them anymore.

Just kind of curious

BTW hit a PR on suspended GM's today :)

ct67_72
01-25-2010, 06:25 PM
I used to use a double f6. pretty easy to touch in. I could touch 315 in it. it was one size up from the normal sizing and i still got 120lbs out of it.
do you have any video of you touching? looks like you could even maybe use more of a single ply shirt than jumping to a double

Sidior
01-25-2010, 06:38 PM
The Ace Briefs give great pop but I never found they fit right. I am currently enjoying my new Metal Ace bench shirt though, coming from a single ply F6.

brauny96
01-25-2010, 06:51 PM
I used to use a double f6. pretty easy to touch in. I could touch 315 in it. it was one size up from the normal sizing and i still got 120lbs out of it.
do you have any video of you touching? looks like you could even maybe use more of a single ply shirt than jumping to a double

I dont, but I have touched with 155 in my F6, but I didnt jack it at all either.

douglasoh5
01-25-2010, 07:30 PM
If you get the preds get them grid stitched. iv heard the same about them if there not grided. Id say get some good dbl briefs and where them under your single ply suit and it will be good for now...that what i did my first dbl ply meet. If your benching in the low to mid 2s a phenom will be good for a dbl ply shirt...its really stretchy....just get a reinforced collar....not the super collar....not strong enough for it

Sean Hatley
01-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Hello everyone

I am currently in single ply for USAPL, but Im looking to add some AAPF meets into my list of meets.

I want to get some good gear, but I really dont know what to get, I was thinking a metal Ace squatter, and maybe an Inzer Rage X, but I was also thinking of maybe a double ply F6 (currently have the single ply) and just cutting the back open.

Ive been hearing great things about Overkill, I was maybe thinking getting some gear from Rudy, but again, I am not sure yet.

I wont be buying anything (unless its a good deal off Ebay) until fall most likely, Im going to do AAPF nats in my single ply gear, and Im doing AAPF MI states in march raw.

Any advice appreciated.

And By the way, I fixed my squat somewhat, not great but Im getting down to parallel and It feels better, Im still having trouble with the knee cave, but I am working on it. If you want to check the vid out my youtube username is linemen96.

Thanks!

BOSS Briefs
BOSS or Leviathan Squat suit
Rage X, Super Duper Phenom, or Overkill for bench shirt(everyone has there own preference)
Metal makes the best Deadlift suit for conventional and if you pull sumo the BOSS is great.

JK1
01-25-2010, 09:13 PM
I dont want to whore my own thread with my own posts, but is a denim pretty good? Ive actually been thinking about them. Doesnt seem like many people use them anymore.

Just kind of curious

BTW hit a PR on suspended GM's today :)

I used to bench in singleply denim. I never got jack **** out of it. I've got a pretty much brand new (worn twice by me, once by the guy I last tried to sell it to) Inzer denim partially open back I'd almost be willing to give away if someone would send me a 12 pack of diet mountian dew and pay postage on it.

walker
01-26-2010, 11:10 AM
i got a denim by karin and love it, gives me a lot of pop off my chest and carryover to lock out. As far as squat suits go, the Leviathan or Boss are both good choices and predator briefs are great. Metal makes a good product, but it wont last as long as the leviathan or boss.

MarcusWild
01-26-2010, 11:29 AM
I'd go with tighter/better single-ply gear first. You'll lift more in that then double-ply gear that's too big. You'd be wearing double ply gear that's too big to be able to get depth and touch.

AdamBAG
01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
I'd go with tighter/better single-ply gear first. You'll lift more in that then double-ply gear that's too big. You'd be wearing double ply gear that's too big to be able to get depth and touch.

I agree. The Katana for instance are pretty damn gangster. There really isn't much "single ply" about them. Might as well pimp out what you have first.

Another option would be to just add a good pair of briefs under the squat suit that you have. One of my first meets I wore an Inzer Harcore over a pair of metal pro briefs. That felt like a lot of fear at the time.

It might be a good transition before dropping a lot of $ when you aren't even used to tight gear yet.

drew
01-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Im thinking about them, but all I hear about inzer is that they will stretch out in less than a year. However, I am still keeping them in as an option.

The ace breifs, or overkill breifs are something that I'm really thinking about. But I really dont know enough on overkill yet...I just mostly hear alot of gear pimpin.

I've been using a double inzer rage-x for over 2 years. I wouldn't say it's stretched out as I still have trouble touching less than 450 in it. It's an excellent shirt and I am currently getting 200 lbs out of it.

Until I see some big lifts done in meets using the Overkill, I will be skeptical. Too much hype and no results yet. Waiting to see.

MarcusWild
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
If you can fit 2-ply briefs under your 1-ply suit, then your suit isn't nearly tight enough. You can start with a really tight super centurion. You can go crazy tight on 1-ply gear because it has more give.

rmccray
01-26-2010, 12:14 PM
what in the hell is a bench shirt????

brauny96
01-27-2010, 04:19 PM
If you can fit 2-ply briefs under your 1-ply suit, then your suit isn't nearly tight enough. You can start with a really tight super centurion. You can go crazy tight on 1-ply gear because it has more give.

I dont think I can, I was actually thinking about that today, becuase my suit (metal IPF squatter) is a great suit, but I really dont think I can get double ply preifs under them, I might try though...breifs will be my first item I buy.

It sounds like Titan Boss gear is good...Ill have to give that a look.

theBarzeen
01-27-2010, 04:58 PM
a lot of guys who switch ( like I did) will cut the straps of their old single-ply suit and wear it like a brief under their new suit just for the sake of learning the new gear..... after a while you can always add heavier briefs....

Denim shirts are nasty to use.... I'm maybe ~425-440 raw and couldn't bench over 500 in my double denim.... I wore it while lifting at Frantz's so it was definitely fit for me, I just have such a long ROM that it didn't do much for me...... my BOSS shirt took me to 550 within a month or two, and the Overkill took me to 600..... in that Overkill shirt I thought that 500 was the lightest I could touch with and Rob got me to touch 365 at his seminar.... I could touch 450 in the BOSS and haven't tried it since reworking my bench but I'm willing to bet it'll be <400..... if you can hold form and just pull the weight in you'll be able to work just about any shirt.......

for the squat you can always start with a little looser suit so that it's easier to learn, after a while when you add 2x briefs it'll tighten up from the bulk of the material...... just a thought..... the Overkill and the ACE suits have really simple seams down the sides so if you get a loose one it is really easy to tighten..... or cheap to have tightened