PDA

View Full Version : First post and a question

obrnpwrlftr
01-25-2010, 08:23 PM
I have been lurking here for some time and this is my first post(I think). Ayway, there appears to be a lot of knowledgeable lifters here so I am asking your advice on how I should go about a few things. I am currently working with Wendler's 5/3/1 and I hae a really good grasp on it but I want to incorporate the following into my training....

1. Gear
2. Band
3. Chains

ANy ideas would be helpful. I have a few ideas but i want to see what some of your opinions are. Thanks

douglasoh5
01-25-2010, 08:30 PM
its easy....get a rough estimate of a max with a certain band/bands and chains and use the same percents....I always use briefs and on the 531 day you can just do the 1 rep in briefs then throw ur suit on and work up....benching would be the same with said chain or band weight....we put our shirt on on 5s week....just work up to the 5 reps then throw shirt on....its simple....I can send u a band squat cycle jim and I came up with if u want

JK1
01-25-2010, 09:05 PM
its easy....get a rough estimate of a max with a certain band/bands and chains and use the same percents....I always use briefs and on the 531 day you can just do the 1 rep in briefs then throw ur suit on and work up....benching would be the same with said chain or band weight....we put our shirt on on 5s week....just work up to the 5 reps then throw shirt on....its simple....I can send u a band squat cycle jim and I came up with if u want

I'm actually very interested in what you are doing. I'm trying to figure out a way to transition my wife back into gear (she lifts single ply) after several months on 5/3/1. I'm trying to figure out a plan that won't get her too far away from that program, but still give her the time she needs to get back into her squat suit and bench shirt.

Could you post some more details on what you are doing? Thanks.

obrnpwrlftr
01-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey Rich. Send me the cycle. You have my e-mail.

Brian C
01-26-2010, 07:44 AM
A lot of guys will do their prescribed 5/3/1 sets for the day, then add geared work afterwards