PDA

View Full Version : Overkill shirt first session video

Captain_Crunch
01-26-2010, 01:42 PM
First session inthe Overkill. The fit is very good and the groove feels good for me. No boards for me with new shirts, just try to touch and keep the groove.

jpF2arjgFd8

MZ8o-UCnvq4

1RjM4c8cDOY

h.t.hall
01-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Looks great !

As a sidenote,try to reinforce that half inch plywood spotter stepping pads,they bend too much on the spotter's weight alone.In case he has to lift the bar they'll break and both of you will be in danger.

mikesbench
01-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Nice work; got down far for 1st session.

Captain_Crunch
01-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Looks great !

As a sidenote,try to reinforce that half inch plywood spotter stepping pads,they bend too much on the spotter's weight alone.In case he has to lift the bar they'll break and both of you will be in danger.

Thanks man. Never really noticed the flex in the board before. It is 3/4 inch but from the look of it on the video I think I'll reinforce it. thanks.

Captain_Crunch
01-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Nice work; got down far for 1st session.

Thanks. I set it up a little on the shoulders for the first session and will probably until it's broken in. I think that's why I got so close to touching.

vdizenzo
01-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Nice session. Looks like that shirt is going to work well for you.

Rob Luyando
01-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Drive with your heals harder and you will keep your ass down also tuck your elbows harder.

Brian Hopper
01-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Nice!!! Good luck with the shirt.

Captain_Crunch
01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Nice session. Looks like that shirt is going to work well for you.

Thanks Vincent. It's the first custom made shirt I've had and it makes a huge difference in fit for sure.

Captain_Crunch
01-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Drive with your heals harder and you will keep your ass down also tuck your elbows harder.

Thanks for the advice Rob. Those are things I should focus more on. Never been a good bencher so I don't put the focus on technique that I should. If I do maybe I can become respectable.

Captain_Crunch
01-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Nice!!! Good luck with the shirt.

Thanks.

robchris
01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
CC,
Da** good work for your first session! You should definitely touch the next time...

theBarzeen
01-27-2010, 05:03 PM
wow.... my first session had me struggling harder than that just to get my hands out to the rings...... looks awesome man....

Captain_Crunch
01-27-2010, 10:16 PM
wow.... my first session had me struggling harder than that just to get my hands out to the rings...... looks awesome man....

Thanks. I grip with my pinkie on the ring so it is quite narrow compaired to full width grip. Have had shoulder issues for a long time so my grip is close. The closer grip helps touching as well I think.

theBarzeen
01-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks. I grip with my pinkie on the ring so it is quite narrow compaired to full width grip. Have had shoulder issues for a long time so my grip is close. The closer grip helps touching as well I think.

that's even more impressive.... I bench most of the year with my 1st finger on the ring, and go out to thumb on the ring around contest time ( it puts a lot more strain on my wrists).... because it's so hard for me to touch with the narrower grip...