PDA

View Full Version : katana bench shirt

millatime
01-26-2010, 09:31 PM
when wearing my bench shirt would i get a better result with a flat back or arched back

douglasoh5
01-26-2010, 09:59 PM
If you can arch you should.....

millatime
01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
alright thanks. should it be a big arch?

minotaur70
01-26-2010, 10:35 PM
The bigger the better.
The main difference is obviously the angle of the sleeve. If you bench with a flat back in an A/S it means the groove will be lower. A S/S shirt will have a higher groove and also tends to suit more of a flared bench. A flat bencher can wear an A/S and an arched can wear a S/S, but generally speaking- because of the sleeve angle- A/S is better for the arched bench.

george okunev
01-27-2010, 04:38 AM
I was always told that the more you can arch the less distance you have to press the bar. Also the more you arch the more you simulate a decline bench which inturn incorporates more muscle groups (well gives you the ability to use more muscle groups) and ones again enables you to bench bigger weights. have a look at some videos of Jay fry benching. I think the guy came close to benching 4x body weight. Have a look at his arch. he even has some instructional videos on getting a bigger arch. the above post on sleeve angles is spot on. I have both a/s and s/s katana shirts. i always benched more in a a/s when i started to learn to arch.