PDA

View Full Version : You think this is to many vitamins?

RinkerxX
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM
In the morning I take:

1 Fishoil 1000mg
1 multi vitamin
1 Flaxseed oil 1000mg
1 Super B Complex

You think this is to many to take?

Mercuryblade
01-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Why both fish and flax?

RinkerxX
01-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Why both fish and flax?

I dunno it's what i've always took? you think its to much?

Mercuryblade
01-27-2010, 12:37 PM
I dunno it's what i've always took? you think its to much?

There is debate on which of the two is better. However, from strictly a research stand-point (which doesn't necessarily mean that fish oil is better) fish oil has a lot more behind it. The doc's I know all push for fish oil, but like I said, it's because it has a lot more research behind it

Here is an incredibly long explanation: http://www.supplementquality.com/efficacy/fishoil_flaxoil.html

As for your supplement list, it looks pretty reasonable
I actually take extra zinc. And after a night of drinking I usually pop some extra b-vitamins.

skinny99
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
6000mg Fish Oil
1000mg Vitamin C
1000mg B-Complex
1 Multi-Vitamin

That is my everyday stack. Sometimes I feel like a pill headbut it is ok.

I also take up to 6 Nitor's most days.

16 pills!

StLRPh
01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
2 double strength fish oils
4 Vit D's
1 MVI
1 Zinc
1 Mg

and to answer your question, No

SoulOfKoRea
01-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Looks fine to me

Yours looks similar to mine, only real difference is I take 6 fish oil caps a day (500 mg)

Irish Pilot
01-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I actually just received an interesting article from WebMD in regards to Vitamins and supplements. Its an interesting read to say the least...

http://men.webmd.com/guide/vitamin-mineral-supplements-men?ecd=wnl_men_012610

RinkerxX
01-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the input i'll keep it the same then

VikingWarlord
01-27-2010, 10:23 PM
I'd suggest more fish oil and drop the flax. Mercuryblade covered why.

I take 6000mg fish oil, 1 multivitamin, and 2000IU Vitamin D daily. That's pretty much it, these days.

I will eventually get an additional mineral supplement and might start C and B-complex vitamins again too, but maybe not.

Skalami
01-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Did anyone notice anything at all when they started taking Fish oil or a multi-vit or a multi-b? I take a multi and a 800iu of vit D in the morning and a multi-b an hour before working out... honestly though not sure if it does a thing and dont notice any difference when i forget to take em

skinny99
01-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Did anyone notice anything at all when they started taking Fish oil or a multi-vit or a multi-b? I take a multi and a 800iu of vit D in the morning and a multi-b an hour before working out... honestly though not sure if it does a thing and dont notice any difference when i forget to take em

I feel the same way,however when taking things like this regularly there is a level of saturation that provides some carryover. If I miss a day of vitamins I don't freak out I just take them the next day. No big deal.

These aren't energy pills they are supplements to things your body normally gets,I would expect to "feel" anything.IMO

Scooter
01-31-2010, 07:36 PM
you know it's too much when your pee is green and you're fully hydrated

Holto
01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
I notice a big difference in memory and mental focus when I'm taking fish oil. I build software for a living and if I have a late night it's so much easier. I'll never stop the fish oil. I'd say I notice it more than anything I've ever taken.

yogaflame
02-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Do you all take fish oil in liquid or pill form? I've been taking about 4 pills a day but the liquid seems to have much more EPA and DHA per serving and cheaper I think... though it probably tastes like **** (at least to me).

Sean S
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM
I would take the b-complex at a separate time from the multi-vitamin if it were me. The multi probably already has plenty of b-vitamins in it anyway and excess will be excreted via urine, thus you may be wasting the b-complex at that time. Take the b-complex later in the day with dinner. This is just my own personal theory, I'm not sure if there's any actual science behind it.
Whether or not you need a b-complex in addition to a multi-vitamin is a whole other debate and the answer probably depends on who you ask.

Mercuryblade
02-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I would take the b-complex at a separate time from the multi-vitamin if it were me. The multi probably already has plenty of b-vitamins in it anyway and excess will be excreted via urine

This isn't a bad idea. B-vitamins are water soluble and are going to be excreted quickly. I don't really have any kind of time scale because it varies so much due to a lot of factors. I usually sync my b-vitamins up with my workout time, as that's why I take them in the first place (for that extra kick).

4g64fiero
02-11-2010, 05:52 PM
LOL that web md article says you will die if you take multivitamins.

Anyone else get that vibe? It just seems like an ad for consumerlabs.com

accrane
02-12-2010, 10:25 AM
i fell like an addict with the number of pills I take daily:

8 ETS
7 Creatine Caps
2 Multi
2-3 Fishoil