PDA

View Full Version : Bench Vids from Sunday

AdamBAG
01-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Did some shirt work on Sunday. I missed 585 on my first attempt at taking this weight full range. I got it on my second attempt. 585 is a 40lb PR for me in the gym. Previously my best meet bench was 529 and I did 545 in the gym a while back.

Any feedback is appreciated. I'll be doing a SPF bench-only meet on March 20th.

585 x miss
qrgUkMkG4IU

585 x 1 (ugly, but locked out)
17AJli7_ryA

Beverly McD.
01-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Congratulations on the PR. 40 pounds on bench is a big deal.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
01-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Congratulations on your bench press pr and good luck on March 20th. Are you training in a single or double ply Inzer Rage X?

AdamBAG
01-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Congratulations on the PR. 40 pounds on bench is a big deal.

Thanks Beverly! I'd love to take a run at 600+ soon, but it's time to do it in a meet!

Congratulations on your bench press pr and good luck on March 20th. Are you training in a single or double ply Inzer Rage X?

Thanks J.T.

It's a double-ply Rage-X. I don't think I've ever used a single Rage-X.

vdizenzo
01-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Looking pretty good. Just keep working your form. Looks like you lost it a bit in the middle. Drive hard under the elbows and flare.

joey54
01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Nice way to come back after it and nail the lift. Certainly that first attempt took a lot out of you. You will hit that much smoother next time.

Brian Hopper
01-27-2010, 08:03 PM
It looked good, but I did notice that you weren't tucking your elbows that much.

AdamBAG
01-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Looking pretty good. Just keep working your form. Looks like you lost it a bit in the middle. Drive hard under the elbows and flare.

Thanks Vincent. You are exactly right. I always have trouble in that transition point. I just need to keep working. I think I was a bit intimidated by that weight, as I've never taken it to my chest.

Nice way to come back after it and nail the lift. Certainly that first attempt took a lot out of you. You will hit that much smoother next time.

Thanks Joey

It looked good, but I did notice that you weren't tucking your elbows that much.

Thanks Brian. I noticed that too. So did my training partners. I'll have to experiment with tucking harder once the shirt locks up.