PDA

View Full Version : Questions about benches

StLRPh
01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm going to start training in my garage soon and need to get a bench and I was hoping to get a little insight from some of you.

First question, how much of a difference is there between an 11 inch pad and a 12 inch pad?

Second question, any suggestions on good websites or places to purchase one? I'd like to keep it relatively reasonably priced if possible.

thanks,

AdamBAG
01-28-2010, 10:28 AM
One of my training partners, Scott Prosek, builds equipment. It's very high quality and at a fair price. Power racks, benches, specialty bars, he pretty much does it all. He can build you custom equipment too. All of his benches are built to competition specs.

Here is his website:
http://snpequipment.com/

StLRPh
01-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks Adam, I just sent him an email.

Beverly McD.
01-28-2010, 10:56 AM
One of my training partners, Scott Prosek, builds equipment. It's very high quality and at a fair price. Power racks, benches, specialty bars, he pretty much does it all. He can build you custom equipment too. All of his benches are built to competition specs.

Here is his website:
http://snpequipment.com/
We have one of Scott's benches. Outstanding piece of equipment.

StLRPh
01-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I should probably clarify a little as well. Right now I need a DB Bench. I have adjustable squat racks and Pillars of Power to use with it.

ScottYard
01-28-2010, 12:51 PM
The wider the pad the better. It is safer on your shoulders b/c there is no over hang. I tore my shoulder up by benching on a inferior bench with a 9 inch pad. So if your spending money spend the little extra now so you dont spend it later on Co pays and cortizone shots lol

StLRPh
01-28-2010, 01:29 PM
thanks for the info everyone. Scott already emailed with a great quote on a 12in bench. Now I need to see if I can figure out a way to convince my wife I need anything else :)

skinny99
01-28-2010, 03:24 PM
thanks for the info everyone. Scott already emailed with a great quote on a 12in bench. Now I need to see if I can figure out a way to convince my wife I need anything else :)

Flowers and beg! :idea:

David Lewis
01-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Flowers and beg! :idea:

Better to ask forgiveness than permission:evillaugh:

Learning2Lift
01-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Check out Legend's Fitness. They make some good benches with wide pads.

StLRPh
02-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Got my bench from Scott Prosek and all I have to say is that it's awesome. 12 inches wide and four feet long. A lot of stability and it just looks cool. The pad is great quality and the price was excellent. I'd definitely use him again.