PDA

View Full Version : Blocks for Block Pulls

BloodandThunder
01-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Trying to make some decent blocks for block pulls for the sumo guys on our team. Our racks are terrible and narrow so thought I'd make some. They have to be pretty durable. No lumber yards or dumps around here but home depot/loews is pretty much at our disposal. Thinking about making blocks in 2 in. thicknesses (foot by foot perhaps) with through holes to interlock them using some type of bolt. Anyone else ever make these and have suggestions or recommendations on the type of wood?

Brian Hopper
01-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Our blocks are 2ftx2ft, and they are pretty much just sheets of wood stacked on top of each other and screwed together. There are 4 which are 3/4 inchs thick and 2 at a half inch, and that comes out to 4in total. I hope this helps!!!

AdamBAG
01-28-2010, 10:31 AM
We've got some that are basically 2 x 4s turned on their side and then screwed together. So I think each layer goes up about 3". You can also start with some blocks and then add matts on top.

douglasoh5
01-28-2010, 01:33 PM
lol if you got alot of mats just pile them up or make a set thats 2' and 4' thick and then just add some mats for how ever thick you want it...but when ever iv done them i will just pile up a bunch of mats