PDA

View Full Version : In need of some advice

FightOn
01-28-2010, 09:06 PM
I am 5'5", 19 years old and weigh between 158-160 (depends on the day). I used to weigh 180 and at one point dropped down to 150. However, I now realize that I was dieting incorrectly and that my body was in starvation mode, as I lost lot of the strength I had before I lost all of that weight. I have gained 12 lbs of muscle and am stronger than I was before the cut. However, I want to drop down to about 150-145 while preserving as much muscle as I can, possibly gaining some along the way. I worked out the numbers and have concluded that I need to eat about 2,200 calories a day, 170+ grams of protein, 350g or less of carbs and 50g or less of fat. My problem is, I really don't know how to achieve those numbers without eating a bunch of meals, and my stomach can only handle so much! I would really appreciate some help

Also, if anyone wants to see my current state, I can easily upload some pics.

tom183
01-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Are you saying that you're having trouble getting in 2200 calories a day? I sometimes eat more than that by lunchtime.

Post a typical day's diet. Im sure there lots of way to add calories.

FightOn
01-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Are you saying that you're having trouble getting in 2200 calories a day? I sometimes eat more than that by lunchtime.

Post a typical day's diet. Im sure there lots of way to add calories.

I know it sounds really bizarre, but I am a college student so it's difficult. Ok, a typical day would be:

Breakfast (9am)

4 egg whites
1 whole wheat english muffin
2 pieces of lean corned beef chopped up in eggs
.5 cubs of blueberries

Lunch (12 pm)

Whatever is served at the place I eat Daily (very healthy food) but today I had

1 whole wheat BBQ chicken sandwich
1 cup of steamed squash

Snack (3pm)
Zone Perfect Protein Bar

Dinner (6pm)

2 Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast
1 cup of brown rice
2 tbsp of teriyaki sauce

I try and avoid a boring bland "bodybuilder" diet, because after a week I can't stomach it.

tom183
01-29-2010, 05:38 AM
Have a glass (600ml) of milk before bed. There's an easy ~400 extra calories.

Yeti Sandwich
01-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Eating the yolks along with those egg whites will up your calories.