PDA

View Full Version : Bench Shirt Question

kutt3r
01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
First post...Been lurking for a while and figure this is a good place to get some good answers for a rookie just getting into PLing.

Getting ready to order my gear and this is what I am having the most trouble deciding what to get...

I am tossing around the idea of a single ply:
F6
Katana
Super Katana
(I have had good luck with Titan, not so much Inzer)

Single ply for a few reasons, I am not strong enough RAW (235x1) for double, I am coming off a shoulder injury, I would like to have the option of competing in IPF as well and I have only been in a shirt once. (Dble ply, open back Super Katana set up very loose)

I am leaning towards the F6 simply because seems to be a beginner shirt that gets decent carryover. I really don't think that I am ready for a Super Katana (too weak). Not sure about the plain Katana...

Does my logic make sense?

Any input would be appreciated.

MarcusWild
01-29-2010, 12:40 PM
F6 or Fury depending on how much you arch.

ct67_72
01-29-2010, 12:44 PM
What he said

Robert Crawford
01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Titan's Super Katana is a great single-ply shirt. Sleeves are cut for arched benchers and flat benchers.

The Fury is an order design. I'd stay with the newest design -- the Super Katana.

I have a custom Super Katana. I had the sleeve shorted one inch, since my bicepts are short. I also had extra material to added to the tummy so that I can pull the shirt on by myself.

Robert Crawford

Ryano
01-29-2010, 01:39 PM
The Super K is an advanced shirt. It can be hard to touch if you get it tight enough, therefore making it frustrating for a begining shirt lifter. I would recommend the F6. Call Ken Anderson for sizing. He'll make sure you get the fit you want.

Beverly McD.
01-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Ken Anderson is great at fitting a shirt to the lifter.
Do you have training partners to help you get in and out of a shirt kutt3r?

kutt3r
01-29-2010, 02:25 PM
F6 or Fury depending on how much you arch.

I bench with an arch, always working to improve it though.

Ken Anderson is great at fitting a shirt to the lifter.
Do you have training partners to help you get in and out of a shirt kutt3r?

Typically I do not, but will be making the trip in (live outside of town) to work with a partner(s) that are experienced with shirts when I can make the schedules work.

Travis Bell
01-29-2010, 02:54 PM
The Super K is an advanced shirt. It can be hard to touch if you get it tight enough, therefore making it frustrating for a begining shirt lifter. I would recommend the F6. Call Ken Anderson for sizing. He'll make sure you get the fit you want.

Totally agree with this.

Getting an advanced shirt for your first one is probably going to make it an incredibly frustrating venture as well as really extending the learning curve of the shirt

Both the Fury was my first shirt and I think I got around 100lbs out of it at the time lol. Even though I wasn't getting a ton out of it, it still was a good shirt to learn in.

brauny96
01-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah Go with he F6 or Fury.

I didnt know you could get custom sizing from ken, I guess I should have went with him instead of liftinglarge.

robchris
01-29-2010, 06:25 PM

Yes... Ken is the man! Call and give him your measurments and he'll tell you what you need.

mastermonster
01-29-2010, 07:57 PM

Totally agree!

Buddy Mckee

theBarzeen
01-30-2010, 07:43 AM
I started with an F6 as well..... got maybe 50lbs out of it...... ~75 once I opened the back.....