PDA

View Full Version : Nitrean from AtLarge Nutrion questions

Chris Parker
01-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey guys i am thinking about buying this product. Is it fine for a 14 year old to drink, and how many calories does it have per serving and how many times a day to i drink it and do i drink it before or after my workout. Im new to protein shakes, and i need to no these things thank you

Beaker
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM
im not a doctor but i dont see a real problem with taking a protein supplement. when i was younger i knew all kinds of kids taking protein supps. You could technically take it as many times a day as you wanted, but you'll only absorb so much and the rest will all be wasted. If youre going to start out id just take a scoop immediately after your workout, and maybe one with breakfast depending on what you eat of breakfast.

on the atlarge site it says that it is 109 calories per serving, and then if you mix it with milk you'll have to add those calories to the total.

to get the best input, you should give more info on how you work out, what your goals are and what your current fitness level is.

Chris Parker
01-30-2010, 04:50 PM
im not a doctor but i dont see a real problem with taking a protein supplement. when i was younger i knew all kinds of kids taking protein supps. You could technically take it as many times a day as you wanted, but you'll only absorb so much and the rest will all be wasted. If youre going to start out id just take a scoop immediately after your workout, and maybe one with breakfast depending on what you eat of breakfast.

on the atlarge site it says that it is 109 calories per serving, and then if you mix it with milk you'll have to add those calories to the total.

to get the best input, you should give more info on how you work out, what your goals are and what your current fitness level is.

For breakfest i have an orange juice a huge bowl of cereal usually crispix, and yogurt. I do SS, and my goals are to just gain muscel.

jAy_Dub
01-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I sure wish I had started out at your age, kudos to you.

There is no set amount of shakes you need to take per day. How many grams of protein are you getting from food daily? Once you figure that out, you'll know much more protein you need to start gaining some quality muscle.

What do you weigh right now?

Edit: Oh and btw, Nitrean is a great choice for protein. You'll only be getting the best from AtLarge.

j0ckinjz
01-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey, I had a similar question. I am currently only 135lbs and I take creatine directly after working out, so when would be the best time for me to take nitrean?

Chris Parker
01-30-2010, 06:42 PM
I sure wish I had started out at your age, kudos to you.

There is no set amount of shakes you need to take per day. How many grams of protein are you getting from food daily? Once you figure that out, you'll know much more protein you need to start gaining some quality muscle.

What do you weigh right now?

Edit: Oh and btw, Nitrean is a great choice for protein. You'll only be getting the best from AtLarge.

I belive i get like 75? I have no idea my mom maked dinner so i only now about breakfest and lunch. I weight 175 At the moment. What kind of nitrean should i get? like what tastes the best.

skinny99
01-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I like Strawberry the best but Chocolate mixed with natural PB tastes like Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. Both are good and mix easy. My blender died so I used an old jar as a shaker and it still was smooth as silk.

Chris Parker
01-30-2010, 06:50 PM
I like Strawberry the best but Chocolate mixed with natural PB tastes like Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. Both are good and mix easy. My blender died so I used an old jar as a shaker and it still was smooth as silk.

Yum the peanut butter cup sounds delicious:) Is there a way i can get a sample of them? Beacuse i have to pay for it, and i dont want something i wont like.

jAy_Dub
01-30-2010, 08:51 PM
I belive i get like 75? I have no idea my mom maked dinner so i only now about breakfest and lunch. I weight 175 At the moment. What kind of nitrean should i get? like what tastes the best.

Honestly, I love all of the flavors.

First, you should go read up more on protein filled foods. You should be getting more than 75 grams of protein from your food each day. Once you can get a more solid diet down, add in a couple shakes whenever you feel fits. Timing really isnt a major factor at this time. Right now if you started downing a shake in the morning (2 scoops) and a shake before bed (2 scoops) then you'd be much closer to a good starting point of 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight.

Tom Mutaffis
01-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Hey, I had a similar question. I am currently only 135lbs and I take creatine directly after working out, so when would be the best time for me to take nitrean?

You can take your creatine before training, after training, or any time throughout the day. Timing is not as important as daily use with creatine.

For the Nitrean I would recommend taking it post workout. If you would like to boost your recovery or overall protein intake then you can drink shakes in between meals or before bed. Because Nitrean is a protein blend (whey/egg/casein) it is extremely versatile.

Beaker
01-31-2010, 09:37 AM
You can take your creatine before training, after training, or any time throughout the day. Timing is not as important as daily use with creatine.

For the Nitrean I would recommend taking it post workout. If you would like to boost your recovery or overall protein intake then you can drink shakes in between meals or before bed. Because Nitrean is a protein blend (whey/egg/casein) it is extremely versatile.

true. i like to take my creatine either early in the morning on non training days or about half hour before working out on training days.

as for protein supps I usually make a nice big shake in the morning and then another after working out. sometimes i'll do one about 2 hours before hitting the gym.

chris mason
01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Well, not to shoot myself in the foot (I co-own AtLarge), but I think a 14 year old should hold off on supplementation. You want to gain muscle, you need to simply eat more and train. Strive for at least 25 cals per lb of body weight. I would guess you are consuming less than that now.

Off Road
02-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Well, not to shoot myself in the foot (I co-own AtLarge), but I think a 14 year old should hold off on supplementation. You want to gain muscle, you need to simply eat more and train. Strive for at least 25 cals per lb of body weight. I would guess you are consuming less than that now.
That's why I love ALN...they put the customer's needs ahead of the sales. Awsome!

Titalis
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM

After seeing his age I couldnt agree more. At your age you body is producing a high level of test (naturally of course) and your metabolism is likely running rampent. To take full advantage of that it will boil down to two things, eat (clean) until your pie hole cant take anymore and lift like you want to be a pro.