PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if i'm relying too heavily on supplements.

Protege385
01-30-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm not trying to gain weight atm, but im trying to keep my protein intake up a bit. Taking 2 whey shakes, 1 cassein shake, 1 isopure drink and 1 nitrean bar a day too much? My calorie intake isnt particularly high when it comes to actually food, does it matter that most of my protein comes from supps?

I also take 1 serving of creatine 1 of glutamine 1 of arginine and 1 serving of jack8d every day i lift. Thoughts suggestions?

I'm 5'5 195 lbs and trying to gradually work my way down to a lean 180 or so. thanks

VikingWarlord
01-31-2010, 11:20 AM
If you have to ask, the answer is yes.

Whole food is always superior and is usually less expensive.

BFGUITAR
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
If your getting enough cassein and egg protein through powders than you should be ok. I have heard that getting whey as your exclusive source of protein is a bad idea. But of course, whole foods are better.

Protege385
01-31-2010, 10:46 PM
thanks for the advice. thought so

Skalami
02-01-2010, 06:51 AM
i dont know if its bad but it would be damn BORING to get all your protein from whey

TrainHardOrDie
02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
As others have said, no supplement can hold a candle to real food. Food has such a huge, measurable effect on your hormonal status that you won't be able to beat it.

Having said that, I think that supplements really do indeed help me a lot. When I've put together a well thought out supplement stack, my training and nutrition are taken to a whole new level.

Most of it is probably a self-induced placebo effect but it really works. I feel totally "on track" when I'm taking supplements and a bit less serious when I'm not.