PDA

View Full Version : Wrap Suggestions

pmm10990
02-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Ok so i went to APT's site, and they are out of the strangulators, and the hybrids, in the 24, and 36in, and also in the 2.5 and 3m.

So the question here is, which should i go for instead?

AdamBAG
02-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Go to EliteFTS. I honestly can't tell the difference in their "heavy" and "super-heavy" wraps and the APTs.

pmm10990
02-01-2010, 12:51 PM
ok i checked EFS and they have the knee wraps in heavy, but not the wrists, and other suggestions for the wrist wraps?

ScottYard
02-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Anything you go with will be fine. just be sure to go with max lengths of 36 inches and 2.5 meters. or what ever your fed allows.

Jon Elick
02-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Go to EliteFTS. I honestly can't tell the difference in their "heavy" and "super-heavy" wraps and the APTs.

If there's no difference, then I'm sure APT's are less expensive. I prefer APT's over any other brand, and I have used Inzer, Titan, and EFS. Strangulators or Convicts from APT are more than enough wrap for any bencher, even if you're doing a grand. I actually have APT 2XH wraps and they are just too much. They are so stiff and tight, they are tough to wrap and can't conform to your wrist contours. I bought some EFS black wraps some years ago, as they were the best out there at the time. They cost over $30 for the short set. That just kinda turned me off to buying anything else. Way too expensive. More bang for your buck with APT...

NickAus
02-01-2010, 01:51 PM
The 2X wrist wraps are amazing.

AdamBAG
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
If there's no difference, then I'm sure APT's are less expensive. I prefer APT's over any other brand, and I have used Inzer, Titan, and EFS. Strangulators or Convicts from APT are more than enough wrap for any bencher, even if you're doing a grand. I actually have APT 2XH wraps and they are just too much. They are so stiff and tight, they are tough to wrap and can't conform to your wrist contours. I bought some EFS black wraps some years ago, as they were the best out there at the time. They cost over $30 for the short set. That just kinda turned me off to buying anything else. Way too expensive. More bang for your buck with APT...

Actually, I'm pretty sure the EFS brand wraps are made by the same manufacturer that APT uses. They just appear too similar. I have no way to back this up outside of having owned both and what I've seen.

The EFS brand wraps are much cheaper than the Metals that they also sell.

Jon Elick
02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure the EFS brand wraps are made by the same manufacturer that APT uses. They just appear too similar. I have no way to back this up outside of having owned both and what I've seen.

The EFS brand wraps are much cheaper than the Metals that they also sell.

They looked that way to me too...

pmm10990
02-01-2010, 07:07 PM
ok, so u guys r saying it dose not matter. i guess inzer z wraps it is.

Jon Elick
02-02-2010, 04:41 AM
I still wouldn't go with Z-wraps. They are almost mid-grade compared to what's available now. I think you'd be extremely happy with APT Strangulators.

IronDiggy
02-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Hey I was actually looking to replace my THP wraps(24") as they're starting to really wear. What would you guys recommend? I was kinda leaning towards some 36" Convicts when they're back in stock.

Tom Mutaffis
02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
My recommendation would be the APT Convicts, I like them better than the Strangulators.

SELK
02-02-2010, 01:23 PM
I preferred the Convicts over the Strangulators as well (both for knee and wrist). I now have some convict/strangulator combo wraps and they are alright, I think I would take the Convicts over the combo though.

IronDiggy
02-02-2010, 02:42 PM
From what I can tell the Strangulators sound like they are similar to the Titanium wraps Titan used to make where as Convicts sound similar to THP wraps and I really like how my THP wraps feel.

Athos
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I used Z-wraps for a long time - I haven't touched the Z's since I got a pair of Convicts, incredible wraps.

pmm10990
02-02-2010, 04:18 PM
well when i went to buy the stangulators, i was willing to get convicts, but i think they were out.
and i didnt know that the THP's were similar, so i bought the Z's already.
nxt time around ill be sure to get convicts or the THP ones

SELK
02-02-2010, 04:25 PM
There really isn't that much of a difference, you will like the stragulators.

brauny96
02-02-2010, 04:47 PM
can you use convicts in USAPL? I just have titan knee wraps right now. I need to get some good wraps just for deadlifting, anny suggestions?

Sorry to hijack the thread.