PDA

View Full Version : FAO the Metal Ace benchers....

martin
02-02-2010, 05:19 AM
Hey, with all the talk of benching in an Ace I was wondering how you decsend at the start of the press?

When I got mine from the Metal team they were talking about loading the chest place at the start of the down phase by pulling down elbows out to begin with. Only when the shirt starts locking up they said to tuck.

Anyone do this? OR what's your style?

I'm still trying to break mine in lol

Martin

ScottYard
02-02-2010, 07:28 AM
You should do this with most shirts. Always start by lowering the bar as much as possible before breaking the elbows. To make this evern easier have your llift off guy push the bar over your abs before he lets go. This shortens the stroke and puts all the weight on the shirt and not your arms. Once the bar feels like its going to dump break the elbows and lower the weight. youll touch on your gut every time.

martin
02-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks Scott. I think I do it a little at the minute but need to really focus on my bench technique more. I shall try this next week when I'm doing some heavy singles (heavy for me anyhow)

M

AdamBAG
02-02-2010, 07:40 AM
This is exactly how Jason Coker taught me to bench in a Rage-X and it makes touching much easier. I've done it in a Katana as well, even though people say to touch off the top, and I still liked it and made it easy to touch in a tight shirt. I don't know why doing it in the Ace would be any different. Elbows out to lock up the shirt, then tuck to touch, then flare to the lockout.