PDA

View Full Version : Need help customizing my diet

thehatemachine
02-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Experience: 6 years on and off
Weight: 160lbs
Height: 5'10

I'm looking to get larger. I've been strength training seriously for a few months (Rippetoes). A lot stronger but I could never manage to grow any real size. I'm looking for a diet that will allow someone with my stats and routine to gain weight. Being a broke college student, here are my options:

Raw beef
Bacon
Organic eggs
Chicken
Milk
Cheese
Tuna

Ideally, I would like a diet that utilizes these ingredients only. Often times I have steak, fish, and other deliciouses but they are far and few between. I don't mind eating raw eggs mixed with milk. I also don't mind eating the same thing in the same order every day. Can someone please write me a daily food intake with the aforementioned ingredients (and their proportions) that would allow me to acquire enough calories / protein to grow.

Everything is appreciated.

Twan
02-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm in college too.

Tuna, Milk, Whey Protein ($30 for 5 pounds, 72 scoops. 72 = about 30 days worth = $1/day for protein). I also get ground chuck and ground beef and just put it on a George Foreman. Buy some pita bread, light mayo. Mix the light mayo with the tuna and put it on the pita bread. Makes a great sandwich.

Also, breakfast - 5 eggs + protein shake. It's about 45 cents for the eggs and 50 cents for the shake.

thehatemachine
02-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Ok, ok, let me ask this.

Say I take 5 eggs, mix it with milk, blend it and drink it twice a day (so 10 eggs and 2 glasses of milk).

I eat a pound pound of bacon for breakfast

Two cans of tuna for lunch

Pound of beef for dinner or chicken for dinner

Do you think that will be enought for a 160lb male who works out 3x a week to grow?

tom183
02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
^--It's impossible for us to say. The only way to know is to try it and see what happens. I sure hope you're going to add some fruit and veg to that proposed diet though.