PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for Russian bench press routine

bulldogs702
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I just started a Russian bench press program, I am sure a lot of people are familiar with the type. You train Bench 3x per week Monday,Wednesday and Friday most of the time its 6 sets and 80% of max, so no where near failure but it varies as the weeks go on. The one I am using is http://dpease.com/russki/. I use to train Chest about once every 6 days intense most sets close to failure. So I get about 5 chest workouts a month. With this program you get at least 12. The problem is after only two week's I feel like I am never fresh and my chest is always tight. Is this how your supposed to feel through the whole 6 weeks. Has any one had experience with this or a similar program. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

gatorman2k6
02-03-2010, 06:30 PM
I had thought about doing that once, but I was told not to, because it didn't look very good. I know with Sheiko the fatigue is supposed to be expected and that's why there are prep and comp cycles. If you are looking for just a russian bench program, I'd do Smolov Jr. It is only 3 weeks and I got an easy 10lbs PR from it. Just my suggestion though.

David Lewis
02-04-2010, 06:13 AM
It gets better after the third week or so. Seems like your body is able to catch up a bit at that point.

achilles89
02-04-2010, 06:27 AM
Has any one had experience with this or a similar program. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I put my max in there and it says achilles89, follow this program to achieve pec-expanding victory for the people. The problem for me on such a routine is doing light weights till week 6 and then the result is expanded pecs? Isn't this the aim of volume routines such as GVT?

Since you chose this route, stick with it and report back on your results.

ScottYard
02-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Drink alot of protein b/c your gonna need it. lol