PDA

View Full Version : i'm trying!

Rustynutz82
05-02-2002, 09:30 PM
ok, as i posted before, i was told that my work out was ok but my diet sucked by the training forum. So here is what i ate today. I'm trying to find a good muscle building diet. I'm 6'0, 152 lbs, 8%bf.
I had 5 meals

meal 1
4 eggs, slice cheese, 2 toast, cup of milk

meal 2
Ham and cheese sandwhich, 1/2 of raost beef sandwhich

meal 3
canned chicken sandwhich, cup of milk

meal 4
canned chicken, toast

meal 5
Protein bar(nasty!!!)

totals:
Calories- 1800
Carbs- 229
Fat-50
Protein- 154

What can i do to make it better. I know i need more calories. Would it be ok for me to go fast food for one meal? Thanks!
Rusty

heathj
05-02-2002, 11:38 PM
Got a high metabolism? Add at LEAST 1000 calories to your diet. Add in another meal or two. Up your protein to 200+, make carbs close to 300 or so...up fat to around 80-100.

iLUDEd
05-02-2002, 11:47 PM
definatly add at least 1000 more calories... and add maybe another meal.. if your finding it hard to get protein from food, get some whey.. but with that diet your going to find it hard to gain muscle

Shocker
05-03-2002, 12:54 AM
Canned chicken ?!
What about real chicken ?

Meat (not spam), Fish, Eggs, Brown Rice, Oats, Flax Oil & Vegetables -

- should be the foundation foods of your diet.

If you are having difficulty eating 6 meals, get whey protein powder and eat that at night or after training.

Bobarell
05-03-2002, 04:18 AM
Don't take Whey before bed!!! That would be a pretty good waste of money. Get some cottage cheese. best before bed meal ever. the $1 containers of the stuff at the store I go to has liek 330 cals for the tub.

Whey is meant for post WO.

heathj
05-03-2002, 06:58 AM
Whey is not meant for post workout. Whey is meant as a protein supplement for if you cannot get enough protein throughout your day from regular food. It is an easy way to get protein without all the fat and carbs added in. The only reason people take in post workout is because it's fairly quick in absorption and it's easy, as it is in a shake and you can mix it with such things as glutamine, creatine, etc...

sweet-physique
05-03-2002, 07:27 AM
Just my $.02
Shocker is right on with consuming those basics.
In addition I would suggest:
1) you seem to like milk, so use that to your advantage.
Drink milk (1 % or skim) with every meal, and blend in a good protein powder powder (maybe a scoop of whey and a scoop of milk or egg protein). If price is a factor go to a store and purchase some fat free dry milk , in bulk if you can, and add a half a cup to the milk you drink. It will up the protein and carbs. and also make the milk taste richer without adding fat.
(You also need to drink plenty water with and in between your meals)
2) Add some more lean red meat (eye round or flank steak), Real turkey, and real chicken
3) In the morning add some whole oats or barley to your diet.
4) This one's a real pain in the glutes- but do it if you can. Set your alarm for the halfway point in your sleep. Get up and chug a proten shake as described above and then sleep. grow, sleep, grow etc.

iLUDEd
05-03-2002, 07:33 AM
try and have a few egg whites b4 bed 2..

Rustynutz82
05-03-2002, 08:19 AM
Well, actually i don't like milk but i'm making myself drink it b/c it has 9 grams protein per glass. I drink the 1% milk. I actually think i'm starting to get used to it though. Yeah, money is my main concern, the only reason i was eating canned chicken is because i didn't have money to go buy real chicken and i had to eat whatever i had around the house. I tried creatine about 5 months ago but that was when i didn't know what i was doing, do you think i should try it again. I probably still have about a months worth at home. When i get some money i'll go buy some whey protein. I'm a student in college and my summer break is starting next week so waking up in the middle of night won't be too much of a pain, so i'll try that! thanks for all the help and i'll try to start a journal to keep everyone posted on my gains.

Rustynutz82
05-03-2002, 08:04 PM
ok, well, here was my diet for today, compare it to yesterday's(above) and tell me if its a little better.

meal 1
cup of milk, 4 eggs, slice of cheese, 2 toast

meal 2-Taco Bell
Taco, Steak quesadillas, cinnamon twists, 32 oz. coke

meal 3
Grilled chkn, cup of milk

meal 4
2 peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches

meal 5
grilled chicken

totals:
3,352 calories
376 carbs
118.5 fat
191 protein

heathj
05-04-2002, 10:57 AM
Little better, calorie wise. Fat is a little high though.