h t tp:// ww w.powerliftingwatch.com/node/14394#comment

this is stupid

drew
02-05-2010, 09:58 AM
IPF = I Prefer Failure

Tom Mutaffis
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Here is the full article from PowerliftingWatch:

"The IPF will remove METAL, APT and Crain products from its list of approved gear and equipment as early as next week. The federation released a statement saying that the change is due to the fact that "some manufacturers have not fulfilled their obligations". Those obligations include a hefty fee that needs to be paid to the IPF.

In 2009, the federation reportedly doubled its yearly licensing fees to over $13,000US.

APT's products will be barred from the IPF and its world-wide affiliates beginning on Monday, February 8. METAL's equipment (Viking Powerlifting Rack and Viking Bench Rack) will be barred on that same day with its gear banned on June 30. Crain gear will no longer be allowed as of June 30.

IPF Secretary General Emanuel Scheiber says that complaints should be directed to the manufacturers."

The IPF must not care at all about their image. Banning equipment because certain companies did not want to pay them off is not an ethical business practice. In a sport where there are numerous options in terms of federations, this could be an epic mistake for the IPF.

I personally will not support anything IPF related now that I have read this.

thewicked
02-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty much with you Tom..

***** that ****

accuFLEX
02-05-2010, 11:51 AM
I would be pissed if I owned a bunch of APT or Medal gear.

I lift raw so it doesn't really matter to me, but my wrist wraps are APT, so that kinda sucks

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I am going to play "Devil's advocate

1. How many USA lifters compete in the IPF? I would guess a very small percentage compared to the total USA lifters. Lifters must win the usapl national championship to go to the IPF. I don't think the banning of certain gear will have any major affect in the USA. The gear companies that didn't pay the fee, they should market more towards USA lifters, non-IPF affiliate countries (WPC, GPA, GPC, WDFPF, WPF, WUAP,etc.) and 30-50 other USA federations.

2. Supply & demand!. The gear companies that pay the fee want a piece of the IPF market. The IPF is comprised of member federations from over 100 countries located on six continents. USAPL is the largest USA federation and is the USA representative to the IPF. The IPF is also responsible for coordinating powerlifting's participation in the World Games. So, the IPF know they can charge a large fee because it has a large international market to offer to companies.

SELK
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I would think that the USAPL will use the IPF gear restrictions?

Travis Bell
02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
JT, that's not very logical.

The IPF says that you have to pay a certain fee for your gear to be accepted every year. For no apparant reason, they decide to double it? It has less to do with supply and demand and more to do with being greedy and unethical.

It doesn't matter what percentage of people lift in the IPF. The IPF rules extend to the USAPL. Wrong is wrong though. Charging over $13,000 to have gear accepted is ridiculous. No other federation does such a thing.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-05-2010, 12:12 PM
JT, that's not very logical.

The IPF says that you have to pay a certain fee for your gear to be accepted every year. For no apparant reason, they decide to double it? It has less to do with supply and demand and more to do with being greedy and unethical.

It doesn't matter what percentage of people lift in the IPF. The IPF rules extend to the USAPL. Wrong is wrong though. Charging over $13,000 to have gear accepted is ridiculous. No other federation does such a thing.

I get your point. I was using supply & demand as an "analogy". The IPF know that it is a competitive market for several gear companies and profit is extremely important. So, why not double the fee and see which company can compete better. The winning company has a chance to increase their market share in the international powerlifting community.

I think no other federation can charge or demand this fee because they don't have 110 countries underneath their belt like the IPF. It takes seven other international federations to equal IPF in the number of member countries. IPF almost have a monopoly. :omg:

C-Sobrino
02-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Travis,

Simply put, no other federation can. The splintering federation syndrome is an american experience. For the great great majority of the world, powerlifting = IPF.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-05-2010, 12:15 PM
I would think that the USAPL will use the IPF gear restrictions?

USAPL is IPF affiliated. So, I would think they would follow the ban too.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Travis,

Simply put, no other federation can. The splintering federation syndrome is an american experience. For the great great majority of the world, powerlifting = IPF.

IPF rules the international market because it is the most prestigious federation to compete in. So, IPF knows this and can demand outrageous fees:tuttut::bang::mad::eek::omg:

It's not the end for other gear companies that don't get a piece of the IPF market. They should market more to USA lifters, USA 30-50 different federations and non IPF affiliated federations or countries.

vdizenzo
02-05-2010, 12:25 PM
This is robbery. That is why the IPF sucks!

Unholy
02-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I think every org will have its Pro's and Con's.

That is pretty much robbery though.

minotaur70
02-05-2010, 01:44 PM
While the battle looks like one between the IPF and Metal, APT, Crain- what gets me is that its the lifters that get hurt.
For better or worse- I'm actually the one that alerted Jon @ powerliftingwatch to the story- why- in hope that lifters will help put pressure on either the companies or the IPF so that its resolved. In some countries the IPF is the only federation. In such cases you have lifters with suits, wraps, benches etc that are now looking like they will not be useable in IPF meets. I have a meet next weekend- and as it stands my APT gear is no good.
I understand the business, I understand why businesses would be pissed, but what I am hearing and seeing is a whole lot of lifters getting screwed.

IronDiggy
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Well... Good thing I didn't order APT wraps...

achilles89
02-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Raw/Unequipped lifting anyone? :D

I hope the row can be resolved.

accuFLEX
02-05-2010, 04:34 PM
The IPF is only going to make a rather nominal amount on this change. If they're looking for cash, I think they should have tried other avenues...

BEFORE:
5 x $6.5k = $32,500

AFTER:
3 x $13k = $39,000

This is not factoring the loss in participant fees at IPF/USAPL/CPU (whoever) events.

brauny96
02-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Raw/Unequipped lifting anyone? :D

I hope the row can be resolved.

Not everyone wants to lift raw...and not everyone can just go out and buy a new squat suit/bench shirt.

I love titan, and the USAPL, local USAPL meets are a blast, and I was really looking forward to doing one equipped. But now my metal squatter is useless, and its not like I have the money for that and a double ply suit.

Looks like USAPL is a raw squat meet. I now have a suit that is worth NOTHING!

ehopkins932
02-05-2010, 05:51 PM
The IPF is only going to make a rather nominal amount on this change. If they're looking for cash, I think they should have tried other avenues...

BEFORE:
5 x $6.5k = $32,500

AFTER:
3 x $13k = $39,000

This is not factoring the loss in participant fees at IPF/USAPL/CPU (whoever) events.

Good call...Im surprised the IPF didnt figure that one out. They arent really gaining much and are just hurting lifters

BodyByGamma
02-05-2010, 06:13 PM
That is so stupid but w.e less people will compete in their fed that is all. There are so many federations to compete in nowadays their stupid politics will only hurt them. If anything everyone should just boycott their meets.

minotaur70
02-05-2010, 07:33 PM
The thing is that for many people outside USA there aren't many options, so boycotting IPF amounts to boycotting powerlifting meets in general.
I think the whole thing is wrong on so many levels. On a personal level I just purchased a crap load of APT knee and wrist wraps for myself and training partners. I have a meet this weekend coming up. If I didn't have a look on the IPF website I would not have known. Thats why I emailed the news to Jon at powerliftingwatch. I really hope this gets worked out.

JasonLift
02-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Just seems like something that will cause more divisions in an already way too divided sport/competition. Also seems like Metal is trying to work with the IPF (at least according to a post on PLW and is getting the cold shoulder).

robchris
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Unbelievable... Soooo now my APT & Metal gear is worthless unless I travel 100's miles to compete in another fed?

Yet another reason to hate the IPF!

Shameful... Pretty soon Inzer and Titan will balk at their "mafia" extortion demands and then everyone will be ipf raw, weather they like it or not!!! Then again maybe thats the idea... All about forcing the little guys out of business...

To bad we dont have another large fed to stand up to these bullies.:outnumber:

Just my .02
RC

Brian C
02-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Its basically extortion..I wouldn't even think about looking at another IPF/USAPL event again

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-06-2010, 09:12 AM
I noticed more than 100 comments on powerliftingwatch about this subject. I don't like it, but I just don't see the reasoning why so many people are so upset. A very small percentage of USA lifters will actually compete in an IPF meet compared to the overall lifters in the USA. USAPL won't cut ties with the IPF because being the gateway to the IPF World Championship draws in mega membership. Look what happen to the USPF when it lost affiliation to the the IPF. I will continue to lift in the USAPL and hopefully make it to an IPF meet someday. Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Tom Mutaffis
02-06-2010, 09:33 AM
I noticed more than 100 comments on powerliftingwatch about this subject. I don't like it, but I just don't see the reasoning why so many people are so upset. A very small percentage of USA lifters will actually compete in an IPF meet compared to the overall lifters in the USA. USAPL won't cut ties with the IPF because being the gateway to the IPF World Championship draws in mega membership. Look what happen to the USPF when it lost affiliation to the the IPF. I will continue to lift in the USAPL and hopefully make it to an IPF meet someday. Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Do you really think that this is good for the sport?

I am not sure how you can say that the USAPL is "a very small percentage" when they have 14 meets this month and another 14 meets in March. I do not know of any other federation that has 28 meets in a two month period in the United States.

You are a sponsored athlete with Inzer so I understand why you are not upset by the decision since it does not impact you... or does it?

If Inzer had an additional $13,000/yr it would undoubtedly have a positive impact on the company. They could lower the price of their suits by $20-25 each, provide more equipment to their sponsored athletes (you), add additional athletes to their team, and have money for research & development (product/service improvements).

How does the corruption of an organization benefit the customer? All that it does is force the companies who participate to pass the cost onto the athletes and to "buy" their customer instead of winning the customers!

I do own equipment from APT, Inzer, Titan, and Metal. My deadlift suit is from Metal and all of my wraps are from APT; if I wanted to compete I would need to spend $300-400 to purchase new equipment that is similar to what I already have just because Inzer and Titan paid off the federation? And you wonder why people are upset?

Travis Bell
02-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Excellent post Tom. Well put.

deeder
02-06-2010, 11:35 AM

You don't seem to understand that competing in a USAPL meet IS competing in an IPF meet. To be an affiliate you need to follow the IPF rules, meaning Metal gear will be banned from the USAPL as well.

As someone who owns only Metal gear I am pretty upset by this. As far as I am concerned Metal has the best single ply squats suits and deadlift suits. Bench shirts, maybe not but I have had good success with them and I support them because the rest of their gear is great.

Finally, does this happen in other sports? Does Nike pay the NHL to be allowed to sell "NHL approved" skates?

accuFLEX
02-06-2010, 01:07 PM
You guys realize that Metal is going to pay the extra $6,500, right?

They'll hold off until the deadline (June 30. 2010), pay the money, and then jack the price up on their products because the IPF "forced" them; that way they won't look like the bad guys.

Metal is not going to give up on their IPF market for the sake of 6 grand.

1400total
02-06-2010, 01:21 PM
webster's defines extortion as
Law. the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority

sounds like the IPF, I was thinking of doing a USAPL meet, oh well, I will stick with other feds

accuFLEX
02-06-2010, 01:25 PM
webster's defines extortion as
Law. the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority

sounds like the IPF, I was thinking of doing a USAPL meet, oh well, I will stick with other feds

It's not extortion, man. What the IPF is doing is like your gym raising the membership fee by $5/month.

robchris
02-06-2010, 01:52 PM
It's not extortion, man. What the IPF is doing is like your gym raising the membership fee by $5/month.

C'mon bro.... Raising it 100%???

And during one of the wrost economy's ever? Whose side are you on anyway?

JasonLift
02-06-2010, 01:53 PM
More like if your gym doubled the fee lol. I understand rising costs but its hard to justify doubling the price from one year to the next.

minotaur70
02-06-2010, 03:07 PM

As the posters above point out- the approved list must be followed at any IPF sanctioned meet, which includes any USAPL meet.
At a personal level, stumbling across an IPF update on the IPF website posted Feb 4th that says on Feb 8th APT products will be removed- in my opinion- shows a total lack of consideration for lifters. If this story didn't find its way to powerlifting watch how many lifters would have gone into meets with gear that was not approved. I have a meet on Feb 13th and on my understanding my APT wraps cannot be used. Whats the deal with the way they communicate these changes?? Whatever the issues are between the IPF and the manufacturers are- this just stinks for lifters.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Do you really think that this is good for the sport?

I am not sure how you can say that the USAPL is "a very small percentage" when they have 14 meets this month and another 14 meets in March. I do not know of any other federation that has 28 meets in a two month period in the United States.

You are a sponsored athlete with Inzer so I understand why you are not upset by the decision since it does not impact you... or does it?

If Inzer had an additional $13,000/yr it would undoubtedly have a positive impact on the company. They could lower the price of their suits by $20-25 each, provide more equipment to their sponsored athletes (you), add additional athletes to their team, and have money for research & development (product/service improvements).

How does the corruption of an organization benefit the customer? All that it does is force the companies who participate to pass the cost onto the athletes and to "buy" their customer instead of winning the customers!

I do own equipment from APT, Inzer, Titan, and Metal. My deadlift suit is from Metal and all of my wraps are from APT; if I wanted to compete I would need to spend $300-400 to purchase new equipment that is similar to what I already have just because Inzer and Titan paid off the federation? And you wonder why people are upset?

I don't think it is good for the sport, but that's life. This decision won't have any impact on me. Even if IPF or USAPL decided to ban all Inzer equipment, I would just stick with NASA or other federations. There are almost 50 feds to pick from. Why be upset? Maybe I am missing something here?

USAPL will send a men & women open bench press, open powerlifting and master team each year to the IPF meet. This total team is a small percentage compared to the overall lifters that compete in the USA. So, only a small percentage will be affected by the ban, not the majority of USA lifters. Again, only a very small percentage of USA lifters will compete in the IPF just like a small percentage will compete at the Arnold Classic. Vast majority that is complaining or upset won't compete in the IPF.

USAPL will host 100-120 meets per year. This is still a small percentage compared to the total meets held by almost 50 different federations in the USA.

I think people forget that Powerlifting watch already made a post last year about the fees increasing to $13,000.00. So, this is really old news. Last year, I remember Ricky Crain making a post on Goheavy about the increased fees.

mastermonster
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Talk about your lifter un-friendly fed! Screw the lifters! Buy all new equipment because we're greedy SOBs.

minotaur70
02-06-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't think it is good for the sport, but that's life. This decision won't have any impact on me. Even if IPF or USAPL decided to ban all Inzer equipment, I would just stick with NASA or other federations. There are almost 50 feds to pick from. Why be upset? Maybe I am missing something here?

USAPL will send a men & women open bench press, open powerlifting and master team each year to the IPF meet. This total team is a small percentage compared to the overall lifters that compete in the USA. So, only a small percentage will be affected by the ban, not the majority of USA lifters. Again, only a very small percentage of USA lifters will compete in the IPF just like a small percentage will compete at the Arnold Classic. Vast majority that is complaining or upset won't compete in the IPF.

USAPL will host 100-120 meets per year. This is still a small percentage compared to the total meets held by almost 50 different federations in the USA.

I think people forget that Powerlifting watch already made a post last year about the fees increasing to $13,000.00. So, this is really old news. Last year, I remember Ricky Crain making a post on Goheavy about the increased fees.
The original post was about Crain. This recent update includes metal and APT- thats what makes it recent news.
All USAPL meets would be effected. I guess its fine for you to say who cares? You can lift with NASA etc. How about lifters outside USA? Many countries only have the IPF.

Travis Bell
02-06-2010, 08:45 PM
JT it is certainly someone's right to decide what they care about and what they don't. If this issue doesn't bother you, that's really fine.

However you can't blame others for desiring to see more legitimacy brought to these "rules" in their federation. The poster above who made the analogy to hockey not charging Nike to let players use their skates is pretty good.

You're also skipping the point that since the USAPL is an IPF affiliate, they may very well just follow suit as they usually do. They use IPF rules in all their meets.

This won't effect me whatsoever. I quit lifting in the USAPL years ago so I won't be effected by this at all. I still think it's crappy though.

To the person who said that Metal will end up paying the extra money at the last moment, that may be quite true as well. That said, whether or not a company pays the fee doesn't change whether or not the fact that they have to in the first place is any less wrong. My biggest problem with this whole deal is that they even have to pay it in the first place.

1400total
02-06-2010, 09:35 PM

no, if they were raising the fee to join it would be similiar. This is extortion in that they are requireing equipment manufacturers to pay them to allow lifters to who use their equipment compete.

This would be like the NFL telling Puma they have to pay a fee or the players coouldn't play.

this is horrible! I am all for rules and consistancy, but they have issues real control issues that don't make sense.

what does this action prove? other then they are greedy.

scott rowe
02-07-2010, 11:16 AM
i just hope no other organization follows through with charging stupid fees like this. picture a world with all the manufactors had to pay 10000 dollars to every world org. that was out there. suits and shirts would be 1000 dollars a piece.

Notorious
02-07-2010, 01:49 PM

They'll hold off until the deadline (June 30. 2010), pay the money, and then jack the price up on their products because the IPF "forced" them; that way they won't look like the bad guys.

Agreed, everyone is making it seem like this is all IPF's fault, but I'm sure they did not intend for the companies to actually not pay them. Isn't it also partially the fault of the equipment companies for not paying the IPF? $6,500 probably isn't a huge percentage of their revenue. You also have to remember that you have no idea why the IPF raised their costs, and it is possible that they had legitimate reasons. They are also a profit maximizing business and since they are the largest fed around, they have every right to raise the price if they want.

accuFLEX
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Agreed, everyone is making it seem like this is all IPF's fault, but I'm sure they did not intend for the companies to actually not pay them. Isn't it also partially the fault of the equipment companies for not paying the IPF? $6,500 probably isn't a huge percentage of their revenue. You also have to remember that you have no idea why the IPF raised their costs, and it is possible that they had legitimate reasons. They are also a profit maximizing business and since they are the largest fed around, they have every right to raise the price if they want.

Read this somewhere...

Well guys, before this goes overboard, take a few minutes of your precious time to read some of the previous (from 2007 to 2009) IPF Congress minutes and you will notice that all the manufacturers knew about these fees. Nobody kissed anyone's ass. The IPF needed the money and the companies approved the move.

As for what reason they needed the money, I'll let you do a little research. Just for starters...Increase of administrative charges (you can read about them on the 2008 minutes), OCT program that was set up a couple of years ago and paid great dividends, The streaming at World championships costs alot... Just go on and read.

Ripe1
02-07-2010, 03:21 PM

But also on the other hand at the moment no IPF lifter is going to buy their stuff unless it's dirt cheap. So the sooner Ano pays the less he loses.

Tom Mutaffis
02-08-2010, 07:47 AM

In the month of February PowerliftingWatch lists 66 sanctioned meets; 14 of those meets are USAPL -> 21%. There is no other federation that even comes close in terms of that percentage.USAPL has one of the most strict judging and testing protocols of any federation which makes them a desireable federation for the natural lifter. Making it costly for a lifter to compete is a big deal since USAPL meets are so frequent and widespread.

Someone else mentioned fees in other sports, but let's be honest with ourselves - powerlifting cannot be compared to something like football. In football the minimum amount of money that an athlete will make is over $200K per year and tickets to their events range from $50-150+ per game (weekly). Games are televised on national TV on a weekly basis with hundreds of thousands of viewers. It would be reasonable for equipment companies to have large sanctioning fees because they would receive advertising in return.

I can understand the IPF wanting to make money. If there are 50+ federations out there why not make your federation the most user friendly so that you have a large turnout at each meet and can make money based on participation and advertising?

This year I was thinking about doing a USAPL meet for fun. Now I will not even consider it; they lost out on my $90 (meet fee and USAPL card) because they were greedy. If there are 50 other people in the United States like me then they have missed out on $4,500 along with the original $6,500 that APT, Crain, and Metal would have paid this year. Now they are looking at $24,000 in revenue that they lost due to greed. If that number of lifters was say 150 (3 in each state) then the IPF is looking at $30,750 in missed revenue.

There is a time and place for increases, but trying to strong arm equipment companies by doubling fees is not good business.

robchris
02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Tom,

Again, well stated... Not to mention the math you did for us!

I plan on driving an additional 75-80 miles just to compete in a different fed in March because of this BS. Glad I didnt pay my annual dues this year yet!
RC

accuFLEX
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Metal has paid the IPF fee

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Metal & apt paid the fee because each company want a piece of the IPF market! Again, this show you how great the IPF is.

UHCougar05
02-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Metal & apt paid the fee because each company want a piece of the IPF market! Again, this show you how great the IPF is.
Or the fact that in some countries the IPF is the only game in town. It makes business sense for both APT and Metal to pay the fee, but it doesn't make it right.

IRBS
02-09-2010, 12:36 PM

You, sir, are a gigantic tool.

It has nothing to do with how "great" the IPF is as much as it has to do with market conditions in the rest of the world outside of the US. Like has been mentioned, the IPF is the only game in town in most places. Them's the breaks.

BUT, that's the genious of Capitalism...if you dont like it, take your money elsewhere. I know that I will never lift in an IPF affiliated federation. As a matter of fact, the IPF in my area of the country (USAPL) is next to non-existent. Nobody goes to the 1 meet they have a year in my state, and I dont know of too many more sucessful meets in my region either. They may have meets, but theyre not very big and not attended by very many big time lifters. The only avenue we, as lifters, really have is with our checkbooks. Simply support the Federations you believe in and piss on the rest.

It's all about the Benjamin's Baby,
IRBS

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-09-2010, 01:04 PM
You, sir, are a gigantic tool.

It has nothing to do with how "great" the IPF is as much as it has to do with market conditions in the rest of the world outside of the US. Like has been mentioned, the IPF is the only game in town in most places. Them's the breaks.

BUT, that's the genious of Capitalism...if you dont like it, take your money elsewhere. I know that I will never lift in an IPF affiliated federation. As a matter of fact, the IPF in my area of the country (USAPL) is next to non-existent. Nobody goes to the 1 meet they have a year in my state, and I dont know of too many more sucessful meets in my region either. They may have meets, but theyre not very big and not attended by very many big time lifters. The only avenue we, as lifters, really have is with our checkbooks. Simply support the Federations you believe in and piss on the rest.

It's all about the Benjamin's Baby,
IRBS

Interesting post! But the fact is that IPF is great! Why is the IPF great? IPF is the most prestigious federation on the planet and represent more than 100 countries. It doesn't matter if you like or hate IPF, it only matter to the companies that support the IPF by paying the licensing fee. The IPF most be great because I don't see these companies paying $13,000.00-$15,000.00 to any other federation. These companies want a piece of the IPF international market! For the record, my favorite tool for bench pressing is the Rage X and it's "BIG" not gigantic:tuttut:

IRBS
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Interesting post! But the fact is that IPF is great! Why is the IPF great? IPF is the most prestigious federation on the planet and represent more than 100 countries. It doesn't matter if you like or hate IPF, it only matter to the companies that support the IPF by paying the licensing fee. The IPF most be great because I don't see these companies paying $13,000.00-$15,000.00 to any other federation. These companies want a piece of the IPF international market! For the record, my favorite tool for bench pressing is the Rage X and it's "BIG" not gigantic:tuttut:

Just because an organization is big, doesnt mean it's "great." There is a huge difference.

UHCougar05
02-09-2010, 01:33 PM
That's because only the IPF charges such exorbitant fees for lifting gear to be IPF approved; the WPC does not.

And, yes, we know your favorite tool for benching is the Rage X, since you bring it up on every board you post on.

Travis Bell
02-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Interesting post! But the fact is that IPF is great! Why is the IPF great? IPF is the most prestigious federation on the planet and represent more than 100 countries. It doesn't matter if you like or hate IPF, it only matter to the companies that support the IPF by paying the licensing fee. The IPF most be great because I don't see these companies paying $13,000.00-$15,000.00 to any other federation. These companies want a piece of the IPF international market!

Big does not equal right. What they are doing is wrong.

For the record, my favorite tool for bench pressing is the Rage X and it's "BIG" not gigantic:tuttut:

LOL I looked back and I can't see where this had anything to do with the above post? Just a plug I guess?

KoSh
02-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Trav,

He was making light of the fact that IRBS called him a "gigantic tool" so he responded with his tool is a Rage X.

Wasn't particularly hilarious, but it was a decent comeback :)

Travis Bell
02-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Ah, I suppose you are correct.

LOL ah forums....

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
02-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Big does not equal right. What they are doing is wrong.

LOL I looked back and I can't see where this had anything to do with the above post? Just a plug I guess?
I was just having fun because he called me a "gigantic tool". Doubling the fees is wrong, but the companies paid it. The companies know they need the IPF international market. They could say no, but didn't.

Travis Bell
02-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I was just having fun because he called me a "gigantic tool". Doubling the fees is wrong, but the companies paid it. The companies know they need the IPF international market. They could say no, but didn't.

This I would agree with. The companies in my opinion should have taken a stand on this issue, however they did not. It is quite unfortunate that a federation like the IPF has sunk though to making their money through extorting the companies that often donate large amounts of more money to their affiliates (namely the USAPL)

It is what it is I guess. Like I said earlier, this doesn't effect me in the least bit.

IRBS
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Now this is a statement I can agree with. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

C-Sobrino
02-10-2010, 06:57 AM
I don't pitty either the IPF or the gear manufacturers. Remember, they are making money off of something that we all would do anyway for ourselves, lifting weights. If they want to screw each other into oblivion, I don't really care. If there were no gear manufacturers and no federations, there would still be a squat, bench and deadlift.