PDA

View Full Version : Bodyfat %, questions and concerned from a newbie

CainMcCloud
02-07-2010, 08:09 PM
So, I have went to 159-164 from 205. I still have a lot of fat though. I know I probably lost a lot of muscle. I am going to fix my mistake and lift hard core 3x a week, Boxing 2x a week, and run 3x a week. My problem is, why would I still have a lot of fat on my legs/stomach even though I have lost over 40 pounds?

Any advice on how to cut BF% without losing extreme weight? I want to go down to 155 and stop. Then I want to cutt my BF% from there and stay at same weight.

Off Road
02-07-2010, 08:48 PM
If I remember correctly, you cut too many calories and did too much exercise...we warned you :)

You've got to drop weight slowly by slightly decreasing your calories and slightly increasing your caloric expenditure. If you do it fast, your body will want to hold onto fat and burn the muscle.

CainMcCloud
02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
If I remember correctly, you cut too many calories and did too much exercise...we warned you :)

You've got to drop weight slowly by slightly decreasing your calories and slightly increasing your caloric expenditure. If you do it fast, your body will want to hold onto fat and burn the muscle.

lol, I am pretty sure, you guys did. Glad I learned from my mistake none the less.

So, what exactly should I do now? (Yes, I will listen, cause I know I am not as smart as I thought I was.) The only thing I know to do is lift hard, and stay with cardio, but that is all I know to do.

accrane
02-08-2010, 12:53 AM
If you still have alot of fat your cutting process isn't over, despite your 40 lb loss. Whats your height? If your 160 lb you should be ready to start bulking....

CainMcCloud
02-08-2010, 06:21 PM
I am only 5"6. Well, I seem to have a lot of fat, I am going to order some Calipers soon to get a decent evaluation on my BF%.