PDA

View Full Version : Beginner needs helps

SuperSapien
02-08-2010, 02:38 AM
I've recently decided enough is enough and i want to bulk out a bit.i've always been semi into fitness but it's time to get serious. However i am faced with a few problems and would very much appreciate your help

I 8.5st and find it hard to put on wieght of any kind,i've recently been expirimenting with Soya Protein powder (as i am lactose intolerance and have been from birth,something i'd like to blame for my lack of size) but firstly this stuff taste like god hates me so any advice would be helpful there and secondly someone told me that adding protein powder to anything hot/while cooking,cooks the protein out of it and as porridge is the only thing i can stand with this vile powder in,that leaves me stuck

tnathletics2b
02-08-2010, 05:04 AM
I've recently decided enough is enough and i want to bulk out a bit.i've always been semi into fitness but it's time to get serious. However i am faced with a few problems and would very much appreciate your help

I 8.5st and find it hard to put on wieght of any kind,i've recently been expirimenting with Soya Protein powder (as i am lactose intolerance and have been from birth,something i'd like to blame for my lack of size) but firstly this stuff taste like god hates me so any advice would be helpful there and secondly someone told me that adding protein powder to anything hot/while cooking,cooks the protein out of it and as porridge is the only thing i can stand with this vile powder in,that leaves me stuck

He doesn't. Even after you write things like that...

Sean S
02-08-2010, 09:32 AM
You won't "cook" the protein out of anything. At worst, you denature the protein, but it doesn't really even matter since the amino acids will still be intact.