PDA

View Full Version : Journal Time

Ehhhh
02-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Well where to start. I started to lift about a year ago and weighed the most I ever had, which is 165 lol. Not much to you maybe, but I used to be 140 soaking wet. I took some time off after my training partner (brother) went back to school. He was showing me the ropes, introduced me to Starting Strength. Anyways, after three long months of drinking and pure laziness I got my ass back in the gym. I'm down to 155 pounds now, this I think is mostly due to the fact that I stopped taking creatine.

Now I'm back at it, have been going to the gym monday, wednesday and friday. I spend no more than one and a half hours in the gym per visit. I am on protein powder, glutamine, glucosamine, fish oils, acai, vitamin c and d, and I also take a multivitamin too. I am currently lifting 235 for squats, 235 deadlifts, 155 bench press, 110 pound OH press, 110 standing rows. I do some other lifts, like ab workouts etc. Today I lifted 235 pounds for my squats session (3x5.) 110 pounds for standing OH press (3X5,) and finally 110 pounds for standing press. I pulled a muscle in my neck today, can't hardly turn it to the left, A535 here I come.

My max lifts however used to be 255 for squats, 255 deadlifts, and 175 for bench press. I'm slowly getting back to my maxes. This will be a journal that I keep up to date every monday, wednesday and friday, trying to stay motivated over here! Any questions or comments are always welcome.

slashkills
02-08-2010, 08:10 PM
there is an actual journal section that this should go in

Travis Bell
02-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Moved to the correct forum

Ehhhh
02-08-2010, 08:49 PM
thanks for moving this Travis, I hadn't noticed this section before...

Clover
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Good luck dude.

(I'm his brother)

Coke
02-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Can't go wrong with the Monday-Wednesday-Friday plan. I used that spilt for a great length of time but took in a weekend day too as well here and there. You are on the right track, wish you the best.

Ehhhh
02-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks CoCoa, I see you're familiar with my brother's journal, his nickname is Clover. He tells me you've been lifting for decades, I hope to hear some advice from you in the future, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ehhhh
02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
So today was Squats/Bench/Deadlift day...

Alot of cute girls at the gym, mind was not on lifting hehe, but either way I successfully lifted...

Squats
240 pounds
3x5

Bench
160 pounds
3x5

Deadlift
240 pounds
3x5

After dragging my sorry ass out of bed (****ing thing is too comfortable) I took my supplements, had two hard boiled eggs, large glass of milk and an orange, drank a coffee on the way to work. I had to do some loud drilling in order to attach some trim at the restaurant. Finally get to the gym and some dickhole pulled in front of me and told me to watch where I was going, gave him the finger, moved on, not worth it. Got into the gym pissed off, but that's usually a good thing for me. So my lifts were good, my stabilizers are still really weak due to my 3 month hiatus, I noticed a little swaying in my lifts, but it's all good.

Other than my main lifts I also did...

Preacher curls
60 pounds
3x8

Triceps
3x8

and tons of ab exercises like weighted crunches, something I do too is pick up weight while horizontal and lift with my legs, good for the lower abdominals I find.

I went back to work, finished up all the **** I had to do (renovating my moms restaurant single handedly.) I hardly think I'm eating enough either, gotta find the time to add more food for **** sakes. I played two hours of pick up hockey from 6:30 to 8:30, so time to go eat! I'm out, peace.

Coke
02-11-2010, 06:49 AM
You guys got it made if you can get a free meal here and there at your mom's diner. Doing very well man.

StLRPh
02-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Looking good with the basics. Good luck on your goals.

Ehhhh
02-11-2010, 08:55 AM
hehe we do have it made then because we luckily can eat there whenever we please, it's pretty much the best quality fast food joint in the entire world. Thanks StLRPh, I'm working hard and trying to go up and up till I hit a plateau, then I'm thinking of switching to 5/3/1 like my brother Clover, but I need to research it a little more to grasp a better understanding of it.

Ehhhh
02-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Friday February 12th.

Went to the gym pretty early today, took all my supplements beforehand, had an isoflex bar, bowl of cereal (the good stuff,) orange and a big glass of milk.

I lifted...

Squats
240 pounds
3x5

OH Press
110 pounds
3x5

Standing rows
110 pounds
3x5

I kept all my weight the same as last time as I wasn't feeling as full of energy as I would have liked, plus some guy kept bothering me for the rack, felt like dropping 240 pounds on his head, he was trying to rush me. I came back from getting a drink in between sets and the guy was taking my weight off the bar, I said "man there's still weight on the bar, obviously someone is still lifting!" His girlfriend was there and she was the cutest girl I've ever seen in our gym... Every time this happens I get pissed and want to freak out on the dude for being so stupid, it seems so obvious to me that if there is 240 pounds on the ****ing bar that someone is lifting, arrrrghhh!! I somehow kept my cool. On monday I'll be pushing my squats to 245 pounds, and then on from there. I plan on stuffing my face bigtime this weekend so energy should not be an issue (or an excuse.)

I also did some other lifts but nothing too important.

Coke
02-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Try to stay cool when those things happen in the gym...**** will be endless along the way, trust me, lol.

Stay on it, be consistent, and you can't go wrong.