PDA

View Full Version : First day in my wraps

pmm10990
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
So my new knee and wrist wraps came in the mail today, and it so happens it was ME squat day. I did my warm up, and took attempts without the wraps. Then i figured it would be smarted to drop the weight a little to try em out. and things worked out fine(BTW i had no idea they would hurt like a bitch lol). I started increasing the weight and when i got to 405(my old training PR) i ended but not being able to budge it from the hole, but i got it with just a belt before. it was prolly due to a number of things, lack of experience with the equipment being number 1.

So i have a few questions
How often do u guys train in ur wraps?
How long did it take u to get used to them?

jtteg_x
02-08-2010, 11:18 PM
which wraps did you get?
When I had my titan titanium knee wraps, it took about 2 squat workouts to fully stretch them out. First time out, I wrap them semi-tight until I get comfortable.

pmm10990
02-08-2010, 11:22 PM
I am using Inzer Z wraps. Yea I wrapped em as tight as i could, that was prolly an issue.

ScottYard
02-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Wraps can throw you off big time if you arent used to them. After my 2 month wraps less cycle I put my wrapsdon going into the meet cycle and the first workout is always interesting. next time put them on for some lighter attempts and get used to getting that help in the hole then keep wearing them up to you heaviest attempt.

Its just like a bench shirt. You wouldnt put it on for your last attempt. Wraps give you big support and should be treated the same.

pmm10990
02-09-2010, 02:27 PM
OK, so there is a learning curve. so it will just take some time. ill keep at it.