PDA

View Full Version : how will prowler help my squat/dead

the one
02-09-2010, 05:29 AM
those are my 2 main concerns but i really like doing tire flips and drags cuz theyre kinda fun and very different. might getta prowler and was wondering if it would help with squat and deads and if so how does it translate?
thanks

slashkills
02-09-2010, 05:44 AM
The prowler is a good tool for increasing conditioning. It could be used for building hamstring and quad strength but for the most part it will not build either your squat or dead.

Off Road
02-09-2010, 06:39 AM
The increased conditioning and work capacity help you recover more quickly between sets and between workouts.
Sleds, prowlers, etc, are great ways to improve GPP/conditioning without overtraining or burning off muscle.

ScottYard
02-09-2010, 07:12 AM
use the low handles for a few weeks and watch your quads grow. I have a prwler and lvoe that thing. IO wish i could use it now but the snow and ice wont allow it.

Before we got a prowler I had never made a 3rd deadlift attempt ever. After using the prowler for the meet prep I was abkle to finally get that third pull in. It was never a strength issue. I was so out of shape that I would be dead after.

Travis Bell
02-09-2010, 07:13 AM
The prowler, when used correctly can be a huge way to help with hip explosiveness as well as hams and glute.

It's also hands down the hardest conditioning tool that I own. All my athletes hate using the prowler lol.

the one
02-09-2010, 12:32 PM
awesome guys thanks. livin in NE ohio the weather aint so pretty right now but come spring time ill be going hard on the prowler

Travis Bell
02-09-2010, 02:28 PM
awesome guys thanks. livin in NE ohio the weather aint so pretty right now but come spring time ill be going hard on the prowler

Where do you live at? My gym is in NE Ohio

the one
02-10-2010, 08:37 AM
parma....train at my house...always lookin for a hardcore place though