PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Product Question:

C-Sobrino
02-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Hello everyone,

I currently have a set of adjustable olympic plate dumbbells. They came with collars (not spring collars) but they do not seem to hold on and have had issues with plates falling off. I am currently looking at purchasing strong, easy to fasten collars. I am looking at muscle clamp collars and also saw the okie collars (but their price is prohibitive). What collars do you guys recommend which can firmly hold up to 100# per side in 10# plates and wont budge on me.

Travis Bell
02-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Have you tried the spring collars?

C-Sobrino
02-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Yes, I have also tried those and they do not hold up well.

Cmanuel
02-09-2010, 07:44 AM
How much for the okies???

Our gym in SC had these badass collars. I think they are 2.5lb each. They are the quick collars from Ivanko
http://www.ivankobarbell.com/Product/cquik.htm

I think they can be purchased for less than list price at other retailers but i'm not sure. They are really nice collars

Muscle clamps might be worth a shot. I think they are around $50/pair. Kiaran on the forum has a pair of those, I can remember deadlifting for reps with them with 400+ lbs and they did not shift during the set.

drmobley
02-09-2010, 08:05 AM
I have a couple sets of collars called Lock jaw. I think they work perfect and I have dropped quite a lot of weight to the floor and road and they didn't budge.

Lones Green
02-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I've seen the muscle clamp collars, wouldn't really recommend them. They're made of fiberglass and can break if you're deadlifting

I'd bite the bullet and get some nice metal collars that screw on

tnathletics2b
02-09-2010, 08:24 AM
I've seen the muscle clamp collars, wouldn't really recommend them. They're made of fiberglass and can break if you're deadlifting

I'd bite the bullet and get some nice metal collars that screw on

I second this. I use these when I go heavy so the weights don't rattle around. They hold tight.