PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein?

adj209
02-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi i've got a 6-7 days workout per week, 3/4 of which i lift and the others are for cardio. Right now i consume whey protein mixed with milk straight after a weights workout, my question is; should i be consuming whey for my rest/cardio days too?

Mercuryblade
02-09-2010, 10:30 AM
It depends on whether or not you are getting enough protein in during the day. If you are eating the same on your non-lifting days, then continue to drink your shake.

Joe Black
02-15-2010, 03:47 AM
Whey protein is simply a source of protein and you should smply aim to meet your protein requirements on both off and on days, whether that includes taking protein supplements or not.

I use a protein supplement (Nitrean) on both on and off days, but more heavily on on days.

maxcreigs
03-07-2010, 09:31 PM
My favorite is Iron-Tek Essential Natural 100% Protein. It has a good flavor and mixes easily. I use a mason jar with a lid and just shake it. I also like the fact it has no preservatives, artificial flavor, artificial sweeteners or artificial color.

Holto
03-08-2010, 01:26 PM
You need a nutrition plan complete with daily totals for fat, protein, carbs and calories.