PDA

View Full Version : im finally eating veggies!!

Beaker
02-09-2010, 01:52 PM
yup. after 26 years of no veggies ive finally cracked, and actually found two that i dont mind because they just taste like grass...

im able to tolerate green beans and spinach leaves, so i plan on taking a ton of them to work with me every day and just stuffing them down.

im not going to change the rest of my diet, but i am going to add a huge load of green beans and/or spinach to my lunch and dinner starting tomorrow and im going to see what happens.

naturally since im eating a lot of these, i'lll be less hungry for my wawa meatball subs and the calorie reduction will kind of work its self out.

BuckeyeROC
02-09-2010, 03:27 PM
I never ate much veggies either, but I've recently upped them in my diet. I find myself starting to like more and more different types of them.

Off Road
02-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Watch out...once you start eating veggies you'll find you like a lot more of them. My favorites are brussel sprouts.

Beaker
02-09-2010, 05:59 PM
ive found im most tolerant of greens. i dont like carrots much, and i wont even look at brussel sprouts lol

J.C.
02-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Like Off Road says you'll find yourself craving veggies. Your body adapts and you'll start loving them. Try broccoli, that's fairly inoffensive if you don't cook it much. Peppers and peas are both very sweet which is why kids can usually eat them.

VikingWarlord
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Steamed asparagus is awesome with just a little salt and some garlic powder. I think I'm going to have some tonight.

Holto
02-10-2010, 09:56 AM
My latest veggie revelation is Hummus. After dipping broccoli in it, I'm eating it straight now.

I build software for a living and if I'm eating greens and taking fish oil the early morning after nights on the town are much easier to deal with. That and it's such a great tool for cutting and staying full.

J.C.
02-11-2010, 04:02 AM
True about the fullness. For the first time in my life I've let my bodyfat climb a bit high so I'm just changing a few simple things like cutting carbs in the evening. Last night I had a steak on a huge plate of kale and brocolli and felt stuffed once I'd eaten it all. Now if that was a huge plate of mashed potato instead then I'd be in trouble!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
02-13-2010, 03:10 AM
I'm sorry, but brussel sprouts are the food of Satan.

Grats on eating your veggies though. You won't regret it.

Mark!
02-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Loving my veggies. I used to not eat many, the run of the mill green beans, corn, potatos and such, now I'm eating broccoli, asparagus, snow peas, lots of veggies. Great stuff!

Skalami
02-14-2010, 08:04 AM
anyone notice though that once you get used to consuming veggies that you dont feel as full from regular foods unless you add a ton of leafy greens to the side?

Beaker
02-14-2010, 08:13 AM
anyone notice though that once you get used to consuming veggies that you dont feel as full from regular foods unless you add a ton of leafy greens to the side?

thats fine with me, i'll eat a whole tree full of leaves if it means cutting the body fat down.

VikingWarlord
02-14-2010, 09:03 AM

Uh...yeah. That's the whole point. The fiber hits your gut and expands, filling you faster. If the fiber isn't there, there's nothing to expand so it takes more food to hit the same volume.

Mercuryblade
02-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Watch out...once you start eating veggies you'll find you like a lot more of them. My favorites are brussel sprouts.

This x 1000.

I actually crave salads now like I would a burger or a steak.
I had a steak salad on Valetines's dinner. Nothing quite like cold fresh greens with a warm slab of meat...:drooling:

Skalami
02-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Uh...yeah. That's the whole point. The fiber hits your gut and expands, filling you faster. If the fiber isn't there, there's nothing to expand so it takes more food to hit the same volume.

So the point is to enlarge your stomach so that you need more food to feel full? (unless youre eating a plate full of greens with every meal) i like my greens a lot but i dont see it as a positive (if im trying to lose weight) that i need more to feel full

maybe you didnt understand my post... im talking about when youre not eating a lot of veggies and then you make a concious effort to lose weight so you start replacing more calorie dense foods with greens... i eat a lot more volume of greens to get the full feeling... after a few weeks of this i notice that foods that used to fill me up dont anymore.