PDA

View Full Version : APT belts out of stock

StLRPh
02-10-2010, 12:04 PM
A few questions. I've out grown my old belt and need to get a new one.
Does anyone know when APT will get getting more belts in? I'd like to order from them but the selection is pretty sparse.
Also, any real difference between single-prong and double-prong? Is it just a matter of preference?

Thanks,

Jon Elick
02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
I'd email Alan directly or call and ask. Alan's pretty good about replying to emails in a timely manner.

Tom Mutaffis
02-10-2010, 12:33 PM
A few questions. I've out grown my old belt and need to get a new one.
Does anyone know when APT will get getting more belts in? I'd like to order from them but the selection is pretty sparse.
Also, any real difference between single-prong and double-prong? Is it just a matter of preference?
Thanks,

Single prong are generally easier to put on and take off, but once a belt is broken in usually there is not as much of a difference. I would still take a single prong over a double prong if I had a choice though.

tnathletics2b
02-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I prefer my single prong to a double prong I used for awhile because when I tighten it up solid, it is much easier to get the single prong fastened versus the double prong. A trivial difference really, but it is easier, and when I am gearing up fro a heavy set the last thing I want to do is to be fiddling with my belt for 30 seconds.

View 1
02-10-2010, 01:25 PM
APT has been out of stock of most of its belts for quite some time now ( months and months ) not sure why though? I have emailed them before in the past and Alan got back to me very fast and answered all my questions.

barbell01
02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
BOB's BELTS are awesome!

Tom Mutaffis
02-10-2010, 02:42 PM
APT has been out of stock of most of its belts for quite some time now ( months and months ) not sure why though? I have emailed them before in the past and Alan got back to me very fast and answered all my questions.

I believe they were looking for a new supplier for the belts.

There are still a few in stock (smaller/larger sizes). One of the guys near me purchased this one recently: http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/184035 and I believe that he may have drilled an extra hole since he was just under the XXXL (34" Waist) measurement. It is only $40.75 with the 'PLWATCH' code; about half the price of most other power belts.

StLRPh
02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Bob's Belts are a little pricey for me right now. I also really wanted to get my belt, knee wraps and maybe some wrist wraps all at once. Alan just emailed me and said they'd be re-stocked in 30 days so it looks like I'll be getting the wraps now and the belt later.

StLRPh
02-10-2010, 02:48 PM

There are still a few in stock (smaller/larger sizes). One of the guys near me purchased this one recently: http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/184035 and I believe that he may have drilled an extra hole since he was just under the XXXL (34" Waist) measurement. It is only $40.75 with the 'PLWATCH' code; about half the price of most other power belts.

Thanks Tom. I think I'll deal with it for another month. As long as I don't gain another 20lbs I should be OK :)

View 1
02-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Ok that makes sense, hopefully he finds one soon.

StLRPh
02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Ok that makes sense, hopefully he finds one soon.

Alan said they'd be back in stock in 30 days.

View 1
02-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Alan said they'd be back in stock in 30 days.

Ok thats good to know as there are a couple things I wanted to order from him.

KoSh
03-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Just emailed Alan. He told me they wouldn't have the belts for 30-45 days. Looks like I may need to look elsewhere for mine.

StLRPh
03-03-2010, 11:35 AM
That sucks I was going to wait another week or so to order but if its going to take that long I'll probably order elsewhere. I've heard good things about the Inzer forever belt and the Spud Inc Deadlift belt.

Edit: Anyone have any suggestions on where I can get a belt and a gripper?

vdizenzo
03-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Go single prong, it makes a big difference especially when someone else is pulling it.

KoSh
03-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Hey, it just dawned on me that the smaller belts may work for me...

I have a 30-32 inch waist or so. How exactly does belt sizing work? I wear 33 or 34 waist jeans, but they're big around the waist (not so big around the legs). Gotta cinch the belt up to make sure they don't fall off.

I'm wondering if the smaller belt would work... Probably just wishful thinking. My guess is at the least I'd need a medium.

Mark!
03-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Aren't the belts sized from the middle hole? Like of it's a 30 inch belt, that's middle hole therefore it would probably go to a 36" or so. But I think I remember the APT website giving exact measurements are far as what size the holes are, like 32" back hole-38" front hole type measurements. I just ordered an Inzer Forever single prong, hopefully it'll be everything I'm looking for.

Jayy
03-09-2010, 02:09 PM
damn 30-45 days is a long time. should i just place my order even if the items are out of stock?

View 1
03-10-2010, 12:42 AM
I've heard good things about the Inzer forever belt and the Spud Inc Deadlift belt.

I have never heard about the Spud belt so i just looked it up, and its very different from traditional belts. Ive use an inzer to deadlift in ( single prong 10mm ) and I did get alot more support from it, but it was not really comfortable either, I might have to look into this some more as I dont max out on my lifts but like to go heavy sometimes and the extra support would be great.

Sidior
03-10-2010, 04:30 AM
I bought my belt from elitefts a few years ago and never had any issues. Like vinny said go with single prong! They also having sizing charts over at elite as well.

BodyByGamma
03-28-2010, 03:29 AM
APTS selection right now is pretty thin. My advice is stay away from tapered belts they are garbage, really disappointed with mine.

Elite Fts has no belts up either. The Spud belt isn't allowed in most Powerlifting feds(I think)and doesn't give that much support, I tried it before and felt its not worth the price, although most SPUD gear is pretty durable.

Belt sizing isn't by pants/jean size, typically it is by measuring tape around ones waist.

I been looking around and CRAINS (http://www.crainsmuscleworld.com/power_belts.html) is looking the best. There economy belts are only 50$ single prong and custom waist lined.

http://www.crainsmuscleworld.com/power_belts.html

I like titan's toro belt but the shipping is ridiculous.

I stumbled upon this site looks decent. http://www.bestbelts.net/

I heard bob's belts are awesome.

Cardillo makes pretty nice belts, bit pricey tho.

Inzer is pretty good, but go single prong, double prong is annoying. Even once you break it in, it will add up to minutes of your life you will never get back taking them off and putting them on.

combatzr2
03-28-2010, 03:57 AM
I'm a big fan of the Inzer forever double prong 10mm belt...just my .02

theBarzeen
03-28-2010, 06:08 PM
it was tough spending the cash for my wife and I to get our Bobs Belts......... best idea ever

the $20 extra to go for the nice one was 100% worth it

looks pretty too!

StLRPh
04-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Looks like these are back in stock. They're also custom sized now. Time to get that belt :)

View 1
04-04-2010, 02:58 PM
So APT has new belts in stock but I noticed something when BodyByGamma posted the link for the Crain belts, and that is APT is getting there new belts from them. Look at both links below they even use the same pictures as well. I know APT out sources there belts so now we know who is making their new ones.

http://www.crainsmuscleworld.com/power_belts.html

http://www.prowriststraps.com/weight_lifting_belt_powerlifting_belt_Exercise_belt_workout_belt

StLRPh
04-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Elite just posted a sale on some double prongs that they got by mistake. I picked one up for less than $41 shipped.

KoSh
04-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Wish I had something to measure my waist with. I actually think I'd fit in the small camp... medium might be too large all the way around... *shrug*

Damned.

Tom Mutaffis
04-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Elite just posted a sale on some double prongs that they got by mistake. I picked one up for less than $41 shipped.

That is a good deal, $32.50 + shipping for a 13mm power belt. The only downside is that breaking in a double prong belt at that thickness could take quite some time.

StLRPh
04-05-2010, 11:23 AM
That is a good deal, $32.50 + shipping for a 13mm power belt. The only downside is that breaking in a double prong belt at that thickness could take quite some time.

To good a deal to pass by and I like to support Elite whenever possible.

I saw a video somewhere of Mark Rippetoe explaining how to break one in. Hopefully I can find that video and do whatever it recommends.

KoSh
04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I just ordered one as well. Medium. I don't even wear a belt now so I'm sure the break in period won't bother me too much. Good heads up with the link, St.

ThomasG
04-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Did anyone else not get their belts from the sale EFTs was doing? I ordered mine over two ago and emailed them hey where's my belt? They replied they ran out and will have some single prongs they will replace it with in two weeks.

I just want a belt :(

Clover
04-19-2010, 08:16 AM
APT and EliteFTS don't have anything good in stock.

I think I'm going to order an Inzer 10mm single prong, pretty bummed out that its going to cost me $67 + shipping to Canada.

Is there anywhere that sells good belts in Canada?

StLRPh
04-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Did anyone else not get their belts from the sale EFTs was doing? I ordered mine over two ago and emailed them hey where's my belt? They replied they ran out and will have some single prongs they will replace it with in two weeks.

I just want a belt :(

I got mine within a week. Pain in the ass to get off but a LOT more support than my old tapered one. Replacing it with a single prong sounds pretty cool actually.

ThomasG
04-19-2010, 08:21 AM
I got mine within a week. Pain in the ass to get off but a LOT more support than my old tapered one. Replacing it with a single prong sounds pretty cool actually.

Ya I'm happy I'm getting a single prong but now I have to wait another 3 weeks.

Tom Mutaffis
04-19-2010, 08:22 AM
APT and EliteFTS don't have anything good in stock.

I think I'm going to order an Inzer 10mm single prong, pretty bummed out that its going to cost me $67 + shipping to Canada.

Is there anywhere that sells good belts in Canada?

You might be able to find an Inzer re-seller with better shipping options or perhaps even one that is located in Canada.

Monster Muscle, House of Pain, and Iron Gladiators are U.S. re-sellers that I know of off-hand.

Clover
04-19-2010, 08:41 AM
You might be able to find an Inzer re-seller with better shipping options or perhaps even one that is located in Canada.

Monster Muscle, House of Pain, and Iron Gladiators are U.S. re-sellers that I know of off-hand.

Thanks, I'll check those out.

From what I've seen, I can get a better price ordering from the U.S even when counting the shipping costs.

Joe Usher
04-22-2010, 08:33 AM
To good a deal to pass by and I like to support Elite whenever possible.

I saw a video somewhere of Mark Rippetoe explaining how to break one in. Hopefully I can find that video and do whatever it recommends.

The video that describes how to break in a new belt.
http://vimeo.com/8390351