PDA

View Full Version : question about bulking

God'sSon
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I run between forty to fifty miles a week. I have been weight lifting for a year now. It seems like whatever i eat or changing the amount of food i eat, still isn't enough for me to put on some mass. I have tried eat close to ten thousand calories a day for a couple weeks and i gained no weight. I was wondering if there is any other way. because food and weight gainer are not working for me .

Mark!
02-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Not running 40-50 miles a week? Elite 5k runners do about 60 a week, while regular marathon runners put in about 30-50 per runners world. I think you running that much probably run off any fat or mass you try to put on, maybe try cutting that in half and seeing if you get any results.

Allen Cress
02-14-2010, 07:51 AM
The only way you are going to put on any muscle/weight is to cut back the running drastically. You don't have to stop altogether but if your goal is to put on muscle its something that is needed. Look at sprinter's body and then look at a marathon runners body. The sprinter has a lean muscular physique and the marathon runner is usually what I call skinny fat. Once you cut back the running I gurantee you will be able to put on some weight.

Joe Black
02-15-2010, 03:44 AM
As the guys have said, you have to work out what is more important to you - running forty to fifty miles a week or gaining weight?

The problem is running that much just too heavilty conflicts with the goal of gaining weight.

Even if you could eat a HUGE amount of food and maintain that level of running, why bother? Why not find a better balance and make your life easier?

David Trantham
02-15-2010, 01:34 PM
i agree w/ the others. you have to cut way back on your running. i use to pay basketball and run say 3-5 miles a day say 15 years ago, i could and did eat everything no weight gain!!! its hard to be a runner and look like a spinter!!!!