PDA

View Full Version : So I attempted to eat cottage cheese this weekend...

Bosch232
02-15-2010, 07:09 AM
I got two bites down.

And then suddenly found myself scrambling throughout the kitchen, frantically throwing together a protein drink to get the awful taste out of my mouth. I downed the shake, hyperventilated for about 20 seconds, wiped the perspiration from my brow, stood back up, calmly approached it from behind on the other side of the kitchen, and (walking backwards with oven mitts and a mirror so I wouldn’t have to look directly at it) I picked up that container of evil-ness and threw it in the trash can outside. No, not in the kitchen garbage: That stuff went outside the house.

(If it had been handy, I'd have worn my welding helmet as well.)

john o
02-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Ha. I've just started tryig to eat it at night becase it is supposedly the "perfect" bedtime snack. I haven't had cottage cheese in
Probably fifteen years and now I remember why. It's literally one of the few things in the world I hate to eat. I wll eat almost anything.
I'm on my fourth nightof eating it and it's becoming tolerable, but that first night I had a similar experience.
I would have preferred a round with Tyson in his prime over one tablespoon of that curded bile.

Off Road
02-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Hahaha...that was hilarious...
I actually like cottage cheese, but I didn't used to. It's an acquired taste.

Transformer
02-15-2010, 08:39 AM
haha.. Its interesting to me how many people hate cottage cheese. I love the stuff.

Titalis
02-15-2010, 09:12 AM
I to hate cottage cheese and to overcome this due to the benefits its provides I have made a "concoction" if you will that actually makes it taste good. I take 3 heaping teaspoons of cottage cheese (roughly equals 1/2 cup), a single serving size yogurt (flavored, strawberry or cherry for me), 1/4 cup of granola mix, and finally a small amount of raisins. Stir everything together and enjoy.

Unreal
02-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Love it. Can't keep it around because I eat too much of it.

Metal_Man
02-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Great stuff!!! I have a serving of the nonfat kind with almost every meal I make. Very good protein to calorie ratio.

Mercuryblade
02-15-2010, 10:00 AM
My GF eats it with mustard. Caught a whiff of it when I was hungover on Saturday and ran into the other room dry-heaving.

navy10
02-15-2010, 10:20 AM
if you mix your serving of cottage cheese with a serving of low-fat/light yogurt you will not taste the cottage cheese. Just tastes like lumpy yogurt.

Travis Bell
02-15-2010, 10:57 AM
My GF eats it with mustard. Caught a whiff of it when I was hungover on Saturday and ran into the other room dry-heaving.

Wow that is gross lol

Eating it with yogurt is a really good idea! I'll have to give that a shot

CZERWIEC
02-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Get sugar free Jello mix, a couple of teaspoons in a bowl of cottage cheese and the cottage cheese takes on the flavor of the Jello mix whether its strawberry, cherry or whatever

fixationdarknes
02-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Plain cottage cheese can be a bit much for me at times, but I usually mix it with bananas/blueberries/strawberries or any other fruit I can get a hold of. It tastes quite good like that! =)

Although to be fair I remember my first time eating it I didn't like it much.

NickyC
02-15-2010, 12:54 PM
I usualy mix it in a pan with some eggs and then put it in the oven for about 20 mins its more like scrambled egg taste miles better then eating it on its own cold.
Or you can just eat it cold with some scrambled egg i think is its sickly when you eat on its own.

nejar462
02-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I felt that way about cottage cheese the first time I had it. Now I'm like addicted to it. I take it with peanuts and fruits, I put it in pasta, put it in burritos. I basically used it as a ricotta cheese replacement.

hellagrant
02-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Cottage cheese, you either hate it or love it. To those who hate it, don't eat it plain. I always add fruit to mine. Throw in some blueberries or bananas to cover the taste. Not a fan of cottage cheese but I eat it everyday.

tom183
02-15-2010, 10:28 PM
I'd buy it in bulk if I could.

Mark!
02-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I bought some, it set in the fridge until it went bad...but...with the ideas here I'll give it another shot.

Ropeburn
02-15-2010, 10:42 PM
I was the same... but then I threw some Frank's Red Hot sauce in it. Can't eat enough now.

PatoriaN
02-16-2010, 03:45 AM
I don't understand how people not only dislike it, but actually hate it and feel sick etc. Some foods yeah, but this doesn't really even have any flavour! Maybe its the texture for some people?

Anyhow, i have it with vita crackers and some tomato! i down like 12 of them for a light snack! yum! sometimes I add tuna to the mix also!

tnathletics2b
02-16-2010, 04:53 AM
I gagged when I tried it. Like I used to when I was 5 and my Mom would make me finish macoroni and cheese before I could get up. It was embarrassing.

Skalami
02-16-2010, 06:27 AM
thats right! i forgot the whole fat cottage chese kind is actually really good as a sauce on pasta

hellagrant
02-16-2010, 07:19 AM
I was the same... but then I threw some Frank's Red Hot sauce in it. Can't eat enough now.

what? hot sauce on cottage cheese. Are you sure you are posting on the right thread.

littlelou
02-16-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm not a fan of cottage cheese plain but put a scoop of chocolate protein powder in there and I'm in heaven.

Focused70
02-16-2010, 08:48 AM
It has to be 2% fat or full-fat for me. Nonfat cottage cheese is just nasty (also kind of pointless).

I used to hate it but now I have a tolerance for it. Great with a little salt and pepper.

VikingWarlord
02-16-2010, 10:43 AM
I got two bites down.

And then suddenly found myself scrambling throughout the kitchen, frantically throwing together a protein drink to get the awful taste out of my mouth. I downed the shake, hyperventilated for about 20 seconds, wiped the perspiration from my brow, stood back up, calmly approached it from behind on the other side of the kitchen, and (walking backwards with oven mitts and a mirror so I wouldn’t have to look directly at it) I picked up that container of evil-ness and threw it in the trash can outside. No, not in the kitchen garbage: That stuff went outside the house.

(If it had been handy, I'd have worn my welding helmet as well.)

You're just not manly enough to handle the awesome that is cottage cheese.

skinny99
02-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I like A-1 on my cottage cheese. I also like canned sliced pineapple on my cottage cheese.