PDA

View Full Version : Deload deadlifts 315x5

xtian
02-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Nothing special here. Deload week of 5/3/1, I would appreciate everyones comments on any flaws. I know the weight is not heavy enough to magnify any serious problems. But anyways feel free to comment away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5M92URplEg

cphafner
02-15-2010, 06:49 PM
something people on here have corrected in my deads, you are over extending at the top.

james_w8lifter
02-15-2010, 07:12 PM
something people on here have corrected in my deads, you are over extending at the top.

I agree, and also you shouldn't have to move the bar out away from your body to get past your knees on the way down. I had the same problem a while back. The bar should travel in a straight line up and down, dragging your shins and thighs as it moves. Your bending your knees too soon on the descent. Let the momentum of the bar guide your upper body downwards, then bend the knees.

xtian
02-15-2010, 08:14 PM

I agree with you, It never really felt like I was over extending my back until recording myself today. I'm so glad I got a video up.

Future
02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
There has been worse. Work on your upper back with pulling the shoulders back. KElso rows/shrugs help this alot. Not bad pulling overall.

deeder
02-15-2010, 08:21 PM
It actually looks like you're letting your knees drop forward a little bit after you clear them on the way up. That may be why it looks like you are overextending at the top... Anyone else notice this?

Future
02-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Still looks like the hips pelvis shoot forward a bit too much. Still that is being nitpicky. Not that bad of form.

xtian
02-15-2010, 09:42 PM
It actually looks like you're letting your knees drop forward a little bit after you clear them on the way up. That may be why it looks like you are overextending at the top... Anyone else notice this?

I see what you mean. Personally, my form looks awkward. I'm very surprised by the way that I'm deadlifting, because I actually feel good while performing the lift. Whats funny is that I have given the same advice to people that you all have given me; not to over extend, bar needs to travel in a straight line etc etc... No one ever told me mine was crap lol

I better get a squat vid on here lol

the one
02-16-2010, 05:11 AM
i thought it looked damn near perfect except for the over extension. if you can keep that form on your heavy sets i think it would be awesome

DavyRen
02-16-2010, 01:39 PM
i thought it looked damn near perfect except for the over extension. if you can keep that form on your heavy sets i think it would be awesome

i'd have to agree with this