PDA

View Full Version : daedlift suit stability?

thewicked
02-16-2010, 11:58 AM
does it help with those that are having low back problems? curious

deeder
02-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't go anywhere near a deadlift suit with an injured lower back. I hurt my low back pretty seriously in January of last year and spent about 9 months with no belt/gear.

Sean S
02-16-2010, 01:57 PM
I don't think it would help with low back problems. In fact it might make things worse since it's usually a little harder to get in position and maintain an arch in a DL suit. If you are having back problems, let it heal and get to the root cause of the problem and try and correct it.

Brian Hopper
02-16-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't think it would help with low back problems. In fact it might make things worse since it's usually a little harder to get in position and maintain an arch in a DL suit. If you are having back problems, let it heal and get to the root cause of the problem and try and correct it.

I totally agree with Sean, I don't think it will help with your lower back problems at all.

AdamBAG
02-17-2010, 08:07 AM
I've got a disc problem and putting on a deadlift suit is the last thing I would do.

gopostal42
02-17-2010, 09:31 AM

x2 much harder on your lower back in a suit

Guido
02-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Agreed. It's not like putting on a bench shirt where it's going to provide some support for your shoulders and help prevent injury. The Dl suit will provide some support for the hips but it's not going to help with your lower back at all. In fact, there will be additional stress because of the increased loads you will likely be lifting.