PDA

View Full Version : HCT-12 Test Group Journal - Eternalsearcher:

EternalSearcher
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
1) Current calorie intake and protein intake.
I dont know, I eat a lot.

2) Do you have any current injuries going into this?
My left shoulder sometimes give me problems, but hasn't in the last few months.

3) The program will for the most part be performed using basic barbell and dumb-bell exercises - is your exercise selection limited i.e. poorly equipped home gym etc?
I have a membership at a full size Gym

4) How many days training can you commit to? And what days are they?
I can train anyday.

I am 6 ft. 250lbs and around 18-19%BF. I bench 290, deadlift 375, and squat 340.

EternalSearcher
02-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Heres me a few days ago:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/579/0201100843.jpg

Heres a couple I just took:

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/6811/0217100815.jpg
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2865/0217100812.jpg

Daniel Roberts
02-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Ok

Good to be working with you, and I'm looking forward to getting you to where you want to be. This should be exciting. Have you decided on a Program yet? And have you had a chance to give the main methods a shot. We start in earnest Monday, so it'll be good to get some lifting using these techniques under your belt before then.

As for diet, let's keep it very simple and go with your target bodyweight of 275lbs @12%bf (300lbs is a step too far, let's hit 275lbs first) .

We're going to go with the lower end of the activity scale and multiply your target bodyweight by 14 to give a daily calorie intake of 3850kcal.

Protein we'll set at 1.5g per pound of lean target bodyweight (275lbs - 12%) which is 1.5x 242= 363g of Protein per day.

Fat is 0.5g per pound of target bodyweight, so 0.5x275=137.5g of Fat per day

This gives us 1452kcal from Protein and 1237kcal from Fat for a current daily total of 2689kcal

We still need another 1161kcal to hit 3850kcal, let's have them all carbs so that gives us 290g of Carbohydrate per day.

So 363g of Protein, 137g Fat and 290g Carbohydrate per day.

We'll try that for 2 weeks and go up or down in increments of 250kcal depending on your feedback.

EternalSearcher
02-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Rock on(!!!) and thanks for the simplification. I will figure out a menu, have my shopping done by this weekend, and will be ready to start the diet monday. I already started the basics of the 6RM workout and it kicked my ass a little, but GOD it felt great.

Which workout plan do you think I should take? I'm thinking the spread out one, cause I can workout anyday.

Daniel Roberts
02-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Great stuff. Good to know you've pretty much got it locked in before starting. Go for program 3 in that case, it's my preference, I like to focus on fewer bodyparts per session.

EternalSearcher
02-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Will do! I'll update tommorrow night.

EternalSearcher
02-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Training for 2/22/10

Vertical Press
Bench Press 6x2x2 - 6RM bench today was 205. My joints were sore though, and I felt a little off today. I think its because I normally drink water before bed, and when I wake up. I didn't drink water last night. I expect I would normally get 10-15 pounds more. But that was my all today, Like I said I expect more next week though.

6X2X2 Biceps and Triceps.

Biceps- BB curl's with an ending weight 95lbs, DB Curls with1/4 rotation 60lbs, and cable pull curls (8plates, unsure how much that is).

Triceps-Cable pulldowns(14 plates) , and skull crushers to the forehead to isolate the triceps (85 lbs).

Making the switch to this workout, was a little rough, because I've used the same routine for 6 months(because it kept working till just recently). After this week I'm sure I'll be a little more used to it.
Overall, I felt like I had a good worout today. I would've had a great workout, had I had a better mind-set, just didn't feel it this morning. It was cool to do something a little different though.
It's still mid-day so I'll post todays macro's later tonight or tommorrow morning. It looks like I'm gonna fall a little short so I may have to catch up a little this afternoon, and tonight. This is the first time I've counted my macro nutrients though. But, I've got it figured out how to do it, so I'll have the hang of it in no time.

EternalSearcher
02-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Macro-Nutrients for 2-22-10

Goal: Actual Intake Today:
Calories 3850 : 4138
Protein 363 : 347
Carbs 290 : 360
Fats 137.5 : 115

Over on Calories, and Carbs. Under on Protein, and Fats.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised how close I got. This was the first day, so I just wrote down everything I ate today, then figured it out tonight to see how I was currently doing. Today was a normal diet day for me, so I think I was doing ok, but now I know how to do better. This wont take a whole lot of time to fix.

Daniel Roberts
02-23-2010, 03:17 AM
With every post of yours I can see you're really starting to get the whole concept, diet and training.

I can tell you're not sweating that last session, you can tell why it went as it did, tried your hardest and did the best you could do that day - perfect. Next session will be better, especially as your diet will be consistent. That'll also translate to better energy levels throughout each day and improve sleep patterns.

I'm excited that it's coming together. Any questions for me?

Quick one here, are you taking a good multi-vit and fish oil caps? I can't stress enough how ensuring optimal intake of these nutrients is (I mention this because of your achy joints) and also critical is hydration status - get the water on-board.

EternalSearcher
02-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Training for 2/23/10
Quad Dominant - I chose Deadlift
Hip Dominant - Leg Press
Calfs - Seated Calf Press

Deadlift - 315X6 x2x2
Leg Press - 505 X 10 x2x2
Seated Calf Press - 270X6 x2x2

Motivation was GREAT today! I just dealifted 315X5 Saturday, so I was happy to add another rep already.
This was the first time in a while I did leg press, and I just worked up in increments of 6 reps like the program says, and I worked my way up to the whole rack! So I'll switch to a motified foot position on the hack squat next week to add more weight since I got 10 reps. I surprised myself today, a few months ago, I couldn't even do 1 rep with the whole rack.

Today, I felt like I gotta HELL OF A WORKOUT. My legs were so blood-filled after each excercise, I had to walk around the little track a couple times, and BOY was I walking funny. It sucked so much I LOVED IT, I wanted it to suck even more,lol!!!

I started tracking my macros early today, and I'll be even closer today than yesterday ( I hope). I'll update on that later tonight after my last meal.
My goal is at least 80% Whole Food per day, throughout these 12 weeks (well, forever really).

To answer your questions.... you caught me. I was taking a muli vitamin, fish oil, saw palmetto, and Milk Thistle. But, I haven't for a couple weeks now. I started up again last night, but I did remember on my own, before reading your post this morning. I'll be taking take a multi-vitaman, Fish Oils caps, milk thistle, and Saw palmetto daily, all at the reccommended doses. I going to walmart today and I'm gonna pick up 3 32once drink containers and I'll make sure to drink them all each day. With that and the juice I drink, that should be plenty of fluids I think. I've been tracking my urine for hydration, and if its anything but clear or very faint yellow, I know I'm wrong, and I need more water.

Thanks for all you help so far. My only questions right now are:

Is un-capped fish oil that I would measure out better than capped, or does it matter?
How many ounces of water a day do you recommend I drink?

This may sound like a stupid question, is blending food ok? I blended a cooked chicken breast and a baked potato with some water and seasoning, and I was able to eat that way, when I wasn't really hungry. I heard of a few other guys doing this on other forums. I dont see how it could hurt, but I would like your opinion.

EternalSearcher
02-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Diet for 2/23/10

Goal: Actual Intake Today:
Calories 3850 : 3920
Protein 363 : 373
Carbs 290 : 305
Fats 137.5 : 135

I sat down for 30 minutes, and I added to, and subtracted from, what I ate yesterday to get these figures. All are just a little over, except fats which is a little under, but, I could eat this everyday if it works for you. I could touch it up more if need be.

I was thinking its not far off, but what do you think Daniel? Is that close enough, or should I tweak it a little more?

Daniel Roberts
02-24-2010, 12:39 AM
That's close enough, you're within 70kcal of your target, you couldn't do any better. Let's keep it consistently around that and we'll see where we are in 2 weeks.

And that session sounds awesome. Great stuff. Just be aware that it should be 6+2+2+2, it looks as if you're doing 6+2+2.

Daniel Roberts
02-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Sorry missed all these questions

Is un-capped fish oil that I would measure out better than capped, or does it matter?

If you can stand the taste, it's a good brand and it's refrigerated then go for it. Only real benefit I can think of is eliminating the gelatin in the gelcaps i.e. no biggie

How many ounces of water a day do you recommend I drink?

Carry on as you are.

This may sound like a stupid question, is blending food ok? I blended a cooked chicken breast and a baked potato with some water and seasoning, and I was able to eat that way, when I wasn't really hungry. I heard of a few other guys doing this on other forums. I dont see how it could hurt, but I would like your opinion.

Ha ha! Well if you can stomach it, go for it.

EternalSearcher
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Alright! Thanks. If gelatin is the only difference in fish oils and caps, i'll just stick to caps. I just heard a couple people on one of the forums I'm on knockin'em. But thats typical, theres a lot of people out there that if you dont do it exactly like them, your wrong, ya know what I mean? The chicken and potato shake was easier to take than I thought it would be. It just tasted like chicken and potatos. And when you REALLY dont feel like eating anything else, it works. I doubt that will be a regular thing though, but in that situation I'll go for it. Its down the hatch in about 15 seconds, which isn't bad for almost an entire meal. I couldn't bring myself to throw the green beans in too. I thought that was a step too far,lol.

It's good to know I'm close enough on the diet. After I sat there for 30 minutes adjusting, getting it as close as I could. I thought it was close enough, but I'm not the expert here, and I'm humble enough to ask even the stupidest questions, and I repect your opinion.

So, I'll just eat what I ate yesterday for the next couple weeks, and we can adjust from there, if it needs adjusted then. Oh... and whole food is already helping me poop more regular,haha. I'm so sure you wanted to know that,lol. I'm sticking to at least 80% whole food, which saves me money on groceries too.

It's nice to have the day off the gym. But at the same time, I wanna go to the gym. I wish it were possible to lift as often as I wanted, and still get big. But, I'm resting plenty today, I slept in, went to work at my office, my macros will be exactly as yesterday, so no worries today...ahhhh, its kind of relieving.

These will be my macros today, I will update if I vary anything, but I doubt I will vary anything.
Macro's for 2/24/10:
Calories: 3920
Protein: 373
Carbs: 305
Fats: 135

EternalSearcher
02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Training for 2/25/10:
Vertical Pulling
Vertical Pressing
Horizontal Pulling
Abs

I woke up early today, so I had like 3 hours this morning to workout. It was nice to be able to take my time. I went through one set of each excercise, and I still felt good to go, so I did another type of each excercise for each muscle group.

Vertical Pulling:
Cable Pull Downs @ 200lbs 6+2+2+2
Pull ups- I got 2 set of 6 +2+2+2 (1 set all the way down, the other broke 90)

Vertical Pressing:
DB Overhead Press: 60lbs per side 6 +2+2+2
BB Overhead Press: 155lbs 6+2+2+2

Horizontal Pulling:
Seated Cable Rows (wide grip): 160lbs 6+2+2+2
T-Rows (narrow grip)- 160 6+2+2+2

Abs:
I got a little creative here.
14plates (the whole tricep rack) Bent over Cable Crunches 6+2+2+2

I'm not sure what this ones called. I put a single-hand handle on the cable that sits barely over head on the cybex machine. I grabbed the handle with both hands, and kept my arms almost locked but not locked out, and twisted from one side of my body twisting to the other side. 10 plates 6+2+2+2

The rest of abs was all bodyweight twists, flutterkicks, and leg raises. I layed on my back and held onto the lower bar of the hand rail that goes all the way around the weight area on most of those.

Motivation was High. I felt great. Lifting gets me pumped for the rest of my day.

EternalSearcher
02-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Training for 2/27/10:
Vertical Press
Biceps
Triceps

Bench Press 215 6+2+2+2

Biceps-
BB curl's 100lbs 6+2+2+2
DB Curls with1/4 rotation 60lbs 6+2+2+2

Triceps-Cable pulldowns 14 plates 6+2+2+2
skull crushers 90 lbs 6+2+2+2

Motivation and Workout were good today.

Macro Info:
My macros were only off a little, I had a can of red bull before I worked out,lol. Other then that I'm sticking to the same food I had figured out.

Daniel Roberts
03-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Consistency, consistency, consistency - doing great, keep it up and we'll both be amazed at the transformation. End of week 2 we start properly analysing progress.

EternalSearcher
03-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Training for 3/1/10:
Quads
Hips
Calfs

Dealift- 320X6+2+2+2
HackSquat- 180X6+2+2+2
S. Calf Raises 270X6+2+2+2

Macros: (spot on the norm)
Calories: 3920
Protein: 373
Carbs: 305
Fats: 135

I wrote this down before, apparently I didnt press "post" or something.

I think anytime deads are an option I pick them, simply because, i cant think of a more functional lift than lifting heavy schit off the ground.
This workout felt good. I took sunday off and did this monday. Today I did yesterdays, so I'll rest tommorow and I'll be back on schedule on thursday.

Daniel Roberts
03-02-2010, 08:09 AM
All going to plan then. Good effort.

EternalSearcher
03-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Training for 03/02/10:

Vertical Pulling and Pressing
Horz. Pulling

Vertical Pulling: Pullups X6+2+2+2
Vertical Pressing: 70lbs DB X6+2+2+2
Horiz. Pulling : 180X6+2+2+2
Abs : Medicine ball Cruches and Weighted incline situps

Motivational COULDD NNNOOOTTT be higher today. I did overhead press with 2 - 70lb Dumbells simultaniouisly, That made me feel like a f'in MAN! 20lbs increase on Cable Pulls. And I did a whole set with REAL pullups.

P.S. I really reccomend "Yellow Hornets" made by Stacker2, my energy was through the roof, and I'm still kinda pumped.

I'm going to my mom-in-laws for dinner, so today macros will be an estimate, I'll update later tonight.

UPDATE: My macros had to be WAY over yesterday. I'll just use this as a cheat day. There's no way I ate less than 5000 calories yesterday 3/2. All my macros had to be over. We went to the mother in laws house and it looked like we came over for thanksgiving. Turkey, potatos, corn, rolls, Gravy, vege sticks, a bunch of sliced fruits, and pie. MMMMMMMMMM.

SO:
I'm not gonna try to count macros today,lol. I'll be back to the same-o same-o tommorow.

Daniel Roberts
03-02-2010, 08:43 AM
That's what we're after! Don't give the hornets too much credit, a lot of that is you - success breeds success!

EternalSearcher
03-02-2010, 10:03 AM
That's what we're after! Don't give the hornets too much credit, a lot of that is you - success breeds success!

Thats one of three quotes I live by.

Thanks man! Today just kinda opened my eyes as to what I'm capable of when I all pumped, and having a good day,

Daniel Roberts
03-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Well then I can't wait to see how much success you'll have at the end of the 12 weeks! Keep pushing on.

EternalSearcher
03-03-2010, 03:06 PM
What I HATE about off days:

1) I can't lift
2)Food is harder to eat since you dont workup an appettite
3)I can't lift

Macros will be spot on today, by the way.

I'm not throwing in Cardio till the last 4-6 weeks. Since now i seem to be gaining weight FINALLY. It's amazing to see what happens when you count Macros. It made me realize what I'm really capable of doing. This diet **** works. Why the heck doesn't everyone do this? It should be mandatory, they should make it a law or something.

I just started eating at least 80% whole foods daily, and counting my macros like you showed me, and BAM! I feel much better now on a regular basis. My bowels are working regular, and they haven't in years. I have energy for my workouts, and work, and hanging out with friends. Normally, I'm dead after work and then do nothing at all, and just go to bed. But, now I feel strong for the first time in my life. I know I am capable of so much more than I am right now, and I'm gonna keep on going till I just cant do it anymore. Learning this diet and macro counting, has changed my life. Thanks.

Anyway, I'll hit cardio the last 4-6 weeks, and try to show off the new muscle. I hope to see a good difference in the pictures cause I'm seeing a difference in the mirror already.

bgabriel
03-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Awesome work ES!!! Keep it up!!

EternalSearcher
03-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Awesome work ES!!! Keep it up!!

Thanks man I appreciate that. You keep it up too, your doing good!!!

EternalSearcher
03-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Training for 3/04/10:
Vertical Press
Bicpes
Triceps

Bench Press: 225X6+2+2+2 (YEAH!!!)
Double Cabled Pec Flys:8 plates each sideX6+2+2+2
DB Curl: 60lbs each sideX6+2+2+2
BB Curl: 95X6+2+2+2
Tricep Cable Pulls: 85lbsX6+2+2+2
Threw in a light set to failure for the fun of it at 55lbs Xabout 30

10lb gain on my 6RM on bench in 5 days, YEEEAAAHHHH!!!! I was happy. My motivation going to the gym was "good", but after that I felt invincible. Then, I did Double Cable Pec Flys at 8 plates each side. I just grabbed the top handle to each side of the cybex machine, bent over and punched towards the opposite foot each side then slow and hard to the middle with both hands simultaniously. 6 rotations of that. I REALLY felt it in my chest.

EternalSearcher
03-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I dont know what was wrong with me today. Or obscenely not wrong I should say. No matter how much weight I put on the bar....it wasn't enough. I dont know how the HECK this is possible.

Deadlifts: 365X5.5+2+2+2 I wussed out on the sixth rep right before lockout. I had it well above the knees, I thought i would get it, I was wrong, but I still got 3sets of 2 afterwards.

Hack Squat: 210X6+2+2+2

Seated Calf Press:300X6+2+2+2

I feel my hips are gaining a lot of strength lately. That hack squat is making a difference I think. I've had a smile on my face all day because of this. If I didn't do it myself I would call BS on this kind of progress. I still cant believe that much progress in 5 days is possible.

5 Days Ago:
Dealift- 320X6+2+2+2
HackSquat- 180X6+2+2+2
S. Calf Raises 270X6+2+2+2

Todays:
Dealift- 365X5.5+2+2+2
HackSquat- 210X6+2+2+2
S. Calf Raises 300X6+2+2+2

I just dont see how its possible. IDK. I dont mind of course, but can someone explain to me how this is possible??? I've been lucky if I gain 5lbs every two weeks on my1RM, and today I added 45lbs to my 6RM??? I know this sounds like BS, but I'll videotape it, if need be.

My Right Hand to God man. All true. I dont get it either.

iliri85
03-05-2010, 09:56 AM
I dont know what was wrong with me today. Or obscenely not wrong I should say. No matter how much weight I put on the bar....it wasn't enough. I dont know how the HECK this is possible.

haha same here man, it just felt that I could go on and on set after set. :)

Daniel Roberts
03-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Well at least I don't have to push to motivate you! You proved it's possible to yourself - that's called progression. It's what happens when your diet consistently meets your needs and your training is spot on. Growing muscle is not about beating yourself up, set after set, stumbling out of the gym and struggling with soreness for the next week; it's about creating a sufficiently strong stimulus (but no more), getting out of there and resting and eating. Job done.
Now, don't want to rain on your parade, I just want the progression to continue and I feel that maybe in your enthusiasm you might go off-piste too often, throw in some extra work and it eventually catch up with you, stalling your progress, and that's the last thing I want. I want you to feel this good for the next 12 weeks.

But great job buddy, really. Post up your current food and weight stats including starting weight, so that I can plan the next couple weeks, make any changes needed. There probably won't be any, but we need to keep on top of it.

Joe Black
03-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Superb effort and some ridiculous PRS.

You are a classic example of how this stuff is not rocket science. If you have a good program and train hard on it and combine that with consistently sticking to a good eating plan you'll be amazed at how strong you can get and how good you can look. The probem is that it's tough to train hard and stick to the eating plan week in, week out and the fact that you are doing that means you're different to the majority of people!

Keep up the hard work and keep smashing those numbers!

EternalSearcher
03-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Daniel Roberts - I'll try to make sure I'm not pushing myself too hard. Believe me, I want to make it the whole 12 weeks too. I dont think I'm pushing myself any harder than I have the last 6 months or so. Even after that all out effort on the deadlift, I still feel ready to do it again. But I'll be sure to not push myself tooooo hard.

Daniel Clough - Thank you for your words of encouragement. There's a good bunch of guys at my gym, and we've all been motivating each other a lot lately.

And now that my training and my DIET are in key, I dont even think I've scraped the surface as to what I'm capable of..... yet.

I'll post up yesterdays workout later today.

EternalSearcher
03-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Training for 3/7/10
Vertical Pulling + Pressing
Horiz. Pulling
Abs

Pullups 3X6+2+2+2 (1.5 sets full, 1.5 sets Break 90)
Cable Pulldowns 190X6+2+2+2 (Did pullups first, so a little lower than last week, So i guess thats ok)

Vertical Pressing 70lbs DB X6+2+2+2

T-Rows 205X6+2+2+2
Seated Rows 180X6+2+2+2

I got one more set of pullups, and in few more weeks, or next month, I should be ready for weighted pullups. Not bad for 253lbs huh?

OHDB press stayed the same, it'll be a few weeks before I can move up 5lbs on both sides. I might do BB next time.

T-rows + 25lbs. 4 plates just didn't seem like quite enough last time, so this didn't surprise me.

Overall motivation was good. Diet is still in key, but wont be sunday, going to the mom in laws house for dinner again. She does good about having whole food though. I feel great today (off day), I wish I could go workout, but I gotta let myself grow.

EternalSearcher
03-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Training 3/09/10:
Horizontal Pressing
Biceps
Triceps

Bench Press 225X6+2+2+2
DB Curls 65lbsBoth sideX6+2+2+2
Tricep Cable Pulls 90lbsX6+2+2+2

Bench stayed the same number, but felt a little easier, I might be able to go 230 next time, But I may switch to DB, and come back to it later, its always good to work the same muscle but in different ways.

DB Curls up 5 lbs. Not surprising to me, I felt like it was time this week. It felt good to be able to do a whole set with that weight.

Tricep Cable pulls went up 5lbs, and felt good.

Overall motivation was REALLY LOW today. I didn't even want to get outta bed. I didn't have as high of intesity as normal. It raining here, something about cloudy rainy weather that makes me feel groggy all day. I still gotta good workout though. I just cant wait for the weather to pass,

Weight is still rising!!! I weighed 255 this morning. 5 more pounds and I think I may start cutting down a little to show off the new muscle. A few people at the gym said to me "I cant believe how much weight you've lot lately." ....You should see their faces when I tell them, I've gained weight lately. I beginning to not recognize myself in the mirror. Hell if I didn't know any better, I'd say I looked like a regular athlete,

I still feel good, and I can already tell you, that this program works, and it's changed my life.

EternalSearcher
03-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Training for 3/10/10:
Quads
Hips
Calfs

Deadlifts 360X6+2+2+2
Hacksquats 230X6+2+2+2
Calfs 270X6+2+2+2

Deadlifts down 5lbs I wanted to cry, not really, but i'm not invincible. It sucks, but still decent for feeling crappy.

Hacksquats are the same

S.Calf Press is the same.

I felt like crap today. This weather takes it outta me, I dont know what it is. Anytime its cloudy, and rainy, I'm tired and groggy. Its suppossed to be like this till saturday. But I rest tommorrow and lift friday, so I'll try to rest up plenty tommorrow, and get a better workout friday. I tried to push myself today, but just couldn't push myself as much as normal. I'll do better next time.

EternalSearcher
03-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Still raining, still groggy. Its a rest day, and I'm glad. I'm not sore or anything, but the body is telling me it needs a little rest, so its good timing.

I'm gonna hit the hay really early tonight, and wake up a little early, and wake myself up, so I can be more alert in the gym tommorrow. Maybe get a better workout. Good news is the weather is supposed to clear up early, switched to tommorrow instead of saturday.

Macros have been either spot on or really fricking close all week. I think I went over 2 times but not by much. My body is still thanking me for a good diet. Still going to the mom in laws for supper, so macros will be over that day.

Daniel Roberts
03-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Ok first things first, you're still doing brilliantly, don't let your head go down because it's cloudy! Seriously if lack of sun affects you that badly try upping your intake of Vitamin D3, trya few thousand IU a day for a couple weeks see how you feel.

Couple of 'bad' sessions, it'll happen, just your body's way of reigning things in, whilst it allows itself to adapt.

Bench stayed the same number, but felt a little easier, I might be able to go 230 next time, But I may switch to DB, and come back to it later, its always good to work the same muscle but in different ways.

Don't change at least not for change's sake. If you stop progressing for a couple of sessions and your diet and rest is still good then think about it, we're not at the stage yet where we need to start worrying about hitting different angles and all that jazz. Some guys rarely change exercises, Dorian Yates is one example.

I take it you're happy with how your weight gain, butlet me know if you need any help dialling it in, or if you feel it's heading the wrong way. Post or PM some pics for an objective viewpoint.
Still doing a great job though chief.

EternalSearcher
03-11-2010, 01:53 PM
I take it you're happy with how your weight gain, butlet me know if you need any help dialling it in, or if you feel it's heading the wrong way. Post or PM some pics for an objective viewpoint.
Still doing a great job though chief.

Yup, I'm happy that I'm gaining weight because a couple people now have asked me if I lost weight. I'll post up pics asap. I have a 4 day weekend this weekend so I'll have time, and have them up by sunday.

P.S. I literally cried the other day......

I have a chest deformity, commonly called being "pigeon chested". My sternum sticks out twice as far as most peoples. I got made fun of for it in High School, I dont know how many times I wished it wasnt like that. It ALWAYS got me down when I was younger, because I thought I was stuck with having the middle of my chest stick out like a tit the rest of my life...
The other day I put on a tight shirt, and later I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, standing sideways...I had to do a double take. For the first time in my life, that bump wasnt (and still isnt) visible when I have a shirt on. I actually have put on enough chest muscle to cover it up with a shirt on. I cried two tears of joy. I dont think I've been THAT happy about something for a LONG time.

Daniel Roberts
03-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Hat's off to you then; congratulations!

EternalSearcher
03-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Training for 3/12/10
Vertical Press+Pull
Horizontal Pull

Pullups 4X6+2+2+2 (3 full sets, 1 beak 90)
Cable Pulldowns 200X6+2+2+2

Vertical Pressing 75lbs DB X6+2+2+2

T-Rows 205X6+2+2+2 (with 45 more lbs on the back reack this time)
Seated Rows 180X6+2+2+2

I threw in some abs. Just medicine ball crunches. 3X20

This workout felt pretty good. Motivation was great. Increased or stayed in all weights, so thats good. Weighed 255.5 this morining. Thats 3 days in a row over 255. All's well.

Daniel Roberts
03-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Do any better and you'll be shedding a tear every time you pass a mirror!! Great work! And just in case anyone forgets this, all the progress you make is all down to you. We can guide, but we can't stand over you in the gym or kitchen, or make you get off the couch and hit the gym; it's all you! And you should be proud.

EternalSearcher
03-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks Mr.Roberts!

Training for 3/15/10

Deadlifts 360X6+2+2+2
Hacksquats 235X6+2+2+2
Calfs 280X6+2+2+2

Hacks and Calf are up 5lbs, Deads stayed the same.

After deload week I'm gonna do excercises different than the ones I've been chosing, I think that'll help me even more. I lifted heavy for a couple weeks before this started so I know de-loading a week will def help me out.

Motivation has been great, strength and weight are going up at a good rate, so no complaints from me.:)

Joe Black
03-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Great work in here, brilliant!

EternalSearcher
03-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Training for 3/17/10

Bench Press 225X6+2+2+2

Everything stayed the same from last time, but been just 5 days, so no biggee. I've felt a little ran down for a couple days so, I just know I'll do better after deload week, next week . And I'm gonna switch up the excercise choices afterwards.

Motivation is still good though.
Diet is still in lock.

EternalSearcher
03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Training for 3/18/10

Pullups 6X6+2+2+2 (FFFrickin A!!!)
T-Rows 215X6+2+2+2
OHDB Press 70X6+2+2+2

6 sets of full pullups (3 wide, 3 narrow)....YEAH BABY!!!!! Their getting easy so next time, I will be doing weighted pullups.
T-rows all the weight was in front this time and its up 10lbs from 2 workouts ago, good progress.
OHDB Press down 5lbs, but 75lbs felt too heavy last time, so I went down to 70lbs to avoid total muscle failure.

Oh, I brain-farted or something cause I was supposed to do the workout I did yesterday, today. So, today I did tommorrows, and that'll give me a rest day tommorrow, and I'll be on schedule Saturday. I looked at the wrong workout before hitting the gym or something, but I cant fix it now, Just gotta get back on schedule Saturday.

Motivation's great, diets good, and lifes wonderful.

EternalSearcher
03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
I thought de-load week was next week, but its the week after next. I've still felt a little more ran down than normal after working out. Should I de-load a week early and do it next week, or should I wait?

Daniel Roberts
03-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Ok, progress is good, and lest you forget, progress is still progress no matter what, you're still moving forward.

First things first, I would say not to switch exercises after the deload. Some guys and I wrote it elsewhere, Dorian Yates for example rarely switch their main exercises, so don't feel it offers a magic bullet.
In fact whilst intially progress on new lifts will deceive you into thinking you're progressing because your nervous system just gets more efficient quickly on unfamiliar exercises, so for a few weeks, structurally you might not be getting much stimulation at all, it'll be mostly neural. Only when the 'neural gains' fall off will structural changes i.e. growth be required to move more weight. Food for thought. Your call. I'm not saying it's bad to switch, I'm just saying many 'switch it up' advocates are kidding themselves about just how quickly they're progressing, when for the most part they're just getting used to a new lift.

As for when to deload - I'm easy. Have it a week early if you feel like it, just be sure to recognise the difference between a few bad sessions and a lack of sleep and a genuine need for a deload. Right now for example, rather than full deload, I'm just deloading bodyparts/movements. My knees are feeling a bit beat up, my legs just feel heavy so I'm just going to go very light on squats for the next two sessions, effectively deloading the squats and nothing else.

Alternatively, once you get two or more bodyparts that feel like that, the deload week is the way to go. for you it sounds like the deload week is on the cards. Take it early if you feel like it.

EternalSearcher
03-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Ok, sounds like solid advice. Good points, so I'll just stick to what I'm doing and when I have energy to do secondary excercises, I'll just do different secondary lifts, and stick with the main ones I've been focusing on.

I think de-loading will do me a lot of good. I've went heavy 6 weeks now. My hips and elbows are sore (no too bad though), and they are definitely telling me to take it easy. So, I'm thinking deloading is probably a good idea. I think thats what my body is telling me.

I lose BodyFat realllllllyyyyyy fast when I add cardio. I want to tone up so the afters look even better, I'm trying to decide when to add the cardio. I was think the last 4 weeks. Any thoughts? To give you an idea, I could probably lose close to 20lbs in 4 weeks just doing 2-3 sprint sets a week. I've always lost weight by running, and I use to be a runner, so I guess my body just knows knows what to do when I run.

Daniel Roberts
03-20-2010, 01:38 PM
If you trust me with the eating and the training, then I'll trust you on the cardio and fat loss. If you think 4 weeks out is your sweet spot, go for it. On the deload, don''t push for PR's and don't go to failure. Just take it easy - there's plenty of hard work and heavy weights around the corner.

EternalSearcher
03-22-2010, 11:36 AM
I started deloading saturday, and I'll stop this saturday. I'm sticking to the same excercises, with a few added. I'm going about 60% of my 6RM, and just doing reps (not really counting) until I'm "close" to feeling failure then stopping, then I move to the next excercise, and come back later.

Guess-timating, i'm doing about a 3X10 on each at fairly light weights, but like I said I'm not really counting. I'm just taking it easy, but I know I want to get the blood flowing to all the muscles. So, I basically get a little burn, then move on.

My bad shoulder acted up a little bit last week. It's been fine since then, so this week deloading will do it some good. I started sleeping on my back (which is/was a tough switch), but it's made a very noticable improvement.

Diets still good. Motivation is great. I'll update in a few days.

Joe Black
03-24-2010, 02:25 AM
It's pretty good practice for anyone wanting to lose weight, to reduce the calories a little on deload week. So, if you can, keep the diet as light as possible to take into account less activity being done.

how is your weight compared to the start of the program and do you have any updated pics you can share?

EternalSearcher
03-24-2010, 09:05 AM
It's pretty good practice for anyone wanting to lose weight, to reduce the calories a little on deload week. So, if you can, keep the diet as light as possible to take into account less activity being done.

how is your weight compared to the start of the program and do you have any updated pics you can share?

Cool I was right. I reduced calories by 250 a day for de-loading. I'll also do that when I start hitting the cardio. Today I did vertical pressing + puling, and horiz. pullijng. Then I did body weight excercises like pushups, crunches, squat thrusts. Nothing to failure, just takin it easy. It's helpig me recover, I can feel it.

I started the program at 250, I weighed myself last week at 257, and I'm convinced most of its of it's muscle, cause my waistline is 1 inch smaller. I was at 40 inches measuring right under the belly button, and now its 39 inches. I'm gonna weigh myself the end of this week to see where I'm at.

I forgot I said I would post pics already, so I'll get some up tonight, promise.

Joe Black
03-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Hey if you can post some pics so we can compare that'd be great. That way you can get an objective view on how your composition is changing!

EternalSearcher
03-24-2010, 11:29 AM
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7509/0324101217.jpg

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1601/0324101220.jpg

EternalSearcher
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
So I opened two internet pages to get more of a side-by-side. Not a HUGE difference. But for being only 4 1/2 weeks in, to get noticable results, really says something.

Arms: My arms are a little bigger but their less defined so they almost look smaller, but they are stronger.

Chest: I actually have one now. YAY!

Lats: OMFG I have lats now too,lol. Definitely a little wider.

Back: Looks better, more defined, and stronger. Not to mention the love handles are starting to go away.

I should've taken leg pics before, but they look a little better too. My quads and calves are starting to get defined and noticablely different. Like I said its only 4 1/2 weeks in, so any kind of noticable progress is great. Not amazing results, but definite progress imo.

What u think?

iliri85
03-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Looking good man, great job. It really is amazing how training changes you, gives you confidence etc. :)

Daniel Roberts
03-25-2010, 04:17 AM
Well I for one can see clear progress and like you say, you're 41/2 weeks in. The muscle gain is clear, after 12 weeks it'll be stark, especially if you're confident of uncovering it with the 20lbs fat loss at the end. It'll be impressive, I can't wait to see it.

Joe Black
03-25-2010, 04:42 AM
I gotta say I was concerned about your weight gain given the fact that you weren't overly lean in your starting pics, but your body composition is def changing for the better so I am less worried now.

I would be tempted to throw in a little 3-4 week cut at the end of it though if you wanted to show off some of that muscle, but that's your call ;)

Good job!

Daniel Roberts
03-25-2010, 05:02 AM
He's promised me 20lbs fat loss at the end and I'm holding him to it!!

EternalSearcher
03-26-2010, 03:46 PM
I gotta say I was concerned about your weight gain given the fact that you weren't overly lean in your starting pics, but your body composition is def changing for the better so I am less worried now.

I would be tempted to throw in a little 3-4 week cut at the end of it though if you wanted to show off some of that muscle, but that's your call ;)

Good job!

He's promised me 20lbs fat loss at the end and I'm holding him to it!!

I Guarantee it!!!:clown:

Promise ya man. I've lost weight so Many times. I used to be notorious for:

getting fat,
then losing weight,
and repeat. (over and over).

I think I've lost over 20 pounds about 6 or 7 times. Horrible I know. That is why I am SO glad I started lifting. I genuinely love it. From the first time I lifted my first weight 6 1/2 months ago, (I lifted in high school a couple times though) to the time I lifted yesterday I loved it, I still love it, I still enjoy it, and I still fill with gleeful anticipation looking forward to tommorrows workout.

You will see 20 lbs off, oh yes, you will. But I wanna get up to 260 first. Then it's on like donkey-kong.

Motivated - Nah, I'm Determined

EternalSearcher
03-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Training for 3/29/10
Vertical Press+pull
Horizon. Pulling
Abs

OHDB Press 70X6+2+2+2
Horizontal Pull 170X6+2+2+2
Vertical Pulling 8 varied setsX6+2+2+2

For varying the pullups, at my gym, they have a pullup bar that also has the two handles that point towrds you. So, I would do 1 wide arm pullup, immediately going to a handlegrip pullup, immediately followed by a regular chin up. Repeat until I did 2 sets. I think I might be ready for weighted pullups.

Abs- Medicine Ball crunches, and cable twists.

My energy is a tiny bit down, I'm sure its because de-load week I was eating less, and not lifting heavy, I expected worse lifts this week. but only one lift went down, the rest stayed the same. I'm back down to 255lbs bodyweight, so I'm gonna go ahead and start some of the cardio. I'm just gonna do 2, 20min slow jogs a week on my off days. I doubt I'll lose much weight from that, but it'll get me ready to go more balls to the wall, with sprints at the 4-weeks-left mark

EternalSearcher
04-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Training for 3/31/10

Bench Press 225X6+2+2+2

Pretty Smooth. High Motivation. It took more effort to do this, than before deloading, but I managed just fine. Since I'm not particularly lean, I decided to start cardio. I tried to jog at a slow pace for 20 minutes...."tried" being the key word in that sentence. I made it to 10 minutes, and I felt like I was gonna die,lol. I haven't done any cardio in 2 years, but I'll be up to par within 3 weeks, it always comes back. I'm just gonna go light till I feel ready, cause my main focus is lifting. All's been fun so far.

EternalSearcher
04-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Training for 4-2-10

Dealift 355X6+2+2+2
HackSquat 225X6+2+2+2
Calfs 280X6+2+2+2

Both Dealift and squat went down a litttle, but I added cardio the night before. I expect my lifts to go down a little as I'm trying to cut fat. My endurance is picking up. I am able to do a full set of sprint intervals. It takes about a half an hour, between walking and Sprinting, I collectively sprint a full mile.

EternalSearcher
04-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Training for 4/4/10

OHDB Press 70X6+2+2+2
Horizontal Pull 170X6+2+2+2
Vertical Pulling 9 varied setsX6+2+2+2

I am going to do weighted pullups next, I'm ready I can feel it. There getting easier as I'm getting lighter.

EternalSearcher
04-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Training for 4/5/10

Bench 215X6+2+2+2
Dumbell Curls 65X6+2+2+2
Triceps Ext. 90X6+2+2+2

Bench is down a little. But i am losing weight and I was sure I would lose a little strength. But I looking more and more like an athlete now, instead of....well....ya know, not.

Training is good, my macros the last week has been 355g Protein, 255g Cabrs and 100g fat, for 3340 calories a day. Thats 505 Calories less a day than the start, but during deload I dropped it 250 of that, so it was all sudden.

I started at 3850 and that gained me weight, deload week was 3600 and weight neutraled out, now its 3340 and weights coming off. YAY, I figured out my body!:)

Daniel Roberts
04-07-2010, 09:04 AM
My only advice is just be careful with trying to drop calories and up activity at the same time - that's a tricky one to monitor. I think perhaps you just had a couple bad days in the gym; your weights shouldn't suffer that quickly unless your deficit is exaggerated through diet and activity and you're not aware of it.
Not saying you haven't figured out your body just be cautious!

Joe Black
04-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Keep up the good work!

EternalSearcher
04-08-2010, 12:13 PM
My only advice is just be careful with trying to drop calories and up activity at the same time - that's a tricky one to monitor. I think perhaps you just had a couple bad days in the gym; your weights shouldn't suffer that quickly unless your deficit is exaggerated through diet and activity and you're not aware of it.
Not saying you haven't figured out your body just be cautious!

Yeah I'm tying to be careful. I do NOT wanna lose any muscle believe me. My chest and arms have been a little stiff, not too bad, but stiff. Maybe thats it. My leg excercises have gone down cause I started running, so I expected that. It is tricky to manage fat loss while maintaining muscle, and I'm doing my best. I know I'll make mistakes but as long as I keep doing my best I'll make less and less mistakes.

My cardio is getting more comfortable. Still not "there" yet, but good progress. I'm doing sprint intervals after lifting. We have a track around the ymca and its 10 laps a mile. I sprint 1 lap, walk 2, repeat 6-10X. On 2 off days I'm doing 20 minutes at a slower paced jog. That way I have 1 day of nothing.

My guts going down, my pants are fitting a little looser, and thats just wonderful.

Today I did 20 minutes at a jog.

EternalSearcher
04-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Training for 4/7/10

Deadlift 355X6+2+2+2
Hack squat 180X6+2+2+2
Standing Calf raises (smith machine)- 220X6+2+2+2

The seated calf press seat was taken 3 times when I tried so I switched to the smith machine and did them standing. Motivation is good.

EternalSearcher
04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Training for 4-12-10

OHDB Press 65X6+2+2+2
Horizontal Pulling 170X6+2+2+2
Weighted Pullups 3 sets of 6
Abs-Cable Crunch at 140lbs. and Cable twists @100lbs.

First time doing weighted pullups. 45lbs on your ass makes a BIG difference. I definitely felt a big difference. My core is starting to feel stronger, and my waist is smaller. I weighed in at 247 today. So 11lbs down and still got almost all my strength still. Motivation is good.

On a side note, I am going to have a cheat meal soon. I haven't cheated in 3 weeks now, and its gonna get to me if I dont do something. I might just sound like im whining, but for the last 3 weeks, my diet has been SO clean, that the best tasting time of day is when I brush my teeth. Other than that everything is peachy.

I check myself out in the mirror, and You can now see the split in both my triceps, and calves. And I see some definition in my deltoids comin out. So, Its all been worth it.

EternalSearcher
04-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Training for 4/15/10

Bench Press 225X6+2+2+2
Triceps Cable Pulls 100X6+2+2+2
Curls 65X6+2+2+2

I added some light weight cable chest flies after I was done. Nothing to failure or anything just felt good enough to do some more. I did 20 minutes at a slow jog for cardio afterwards. My strength is coming back nicely, I guess i just had a bad spat or something.

I still haven't cheated on my diet yet, I'm gonna try to get through the rest of the program without cheating on it. I had a talk with myself, and I just had to tell myself if I can not cheat for over 3 weeks now, I can make it the rest of the way. I might not, but Im gonna try.

I weighed in at 246 today, so I'm going down around 1 pound about every 2-3 days, or 2-3lbs a week. Trying to lose weight slow and steady. I've noticed that since I've locked my diet in, My weight doesn't fluctuate...go figure right. Motivation is good, i'm chuggin along just fine.

Daniel Roberts
04-16-2010, 10:09 AM
That is some excellent progress and a salutory lesson in understanding that sometimes you just won't be that strong in the gym - it just happens, and there's no need to panic if the program's good and your diet is on point.

EternalSearcher
04-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Training for 4/16/10

Deadlift 360X6+2+2+2
Hack squat 185X6+2+2+2
Seated Calf raises- 180X6+2+2+2
Standing Calf Raises 220X6+2+2+2

I'm sick of my calfs not growing so I think I'm gonna torture them till they do. Not to much though. I ran 20 minutes after this at a pretty slow pace, and I think I felt better AFTER I ran. Weird huh? Motivation is good. I'm down one more pound, and still feel strong. Since my weight is going down but my strength is still going up, I guess I'm doing something right.

I will vouche for this program till the day I die. it works.

Daniel Roberts
04-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Calves can be a bitch, not for me though buddy, mine grow just walking around!!! Anyway, pay attention to tempo on them, a really slow negative (5 sec+), a really long hold in the stretched position (5 sec +) and explode up. Consider doing some skipping on off days or whenever you're fitting in your cardio - it's hard work and the stress on the calves will surprise you. I am looking forward to seeing you at the end of 12 weeks.

One more thing (hence the edit) is to exaggerate your walking especially up stairs/steps etc, really think about contracting the calves as you walk, it might feel weird at first and people might stare but you can actually not interfere too much with walking pace once you get the hang of it.

EternalSearcher
04-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I got sicker than **** this last weekend. Didnt work or workout monday, or tuesday. Sat-Tues, I pretty much laid in bed all day. I dont know what hit me, but it hit me hard. Vomiting, diarrehea, headaches, backaches....it was horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy (if I had any). On the plus side I'm down 3lbs,lol. I know thats not really good.

I went to the gym today though, and did some cardio for 20 minutes. I felt pretty wiped out after so, I'll get back on track tommorrow. I'm feeling a lot better this afternoon, and I'm sure I can get a decent workout in, in the morning.

EternalSearcher
04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Training for 4-22-10

OHDB Press 60X6+2+2+2
Horizontal Pulling 150X6+2+2+2
Weighted Pullups 3 sets of 6

I didnt do abs today, my stomach is STILL a little upset, but I felt good enough to get a wokout in, so I did. My lifts were down, but I was NOT at 100% . I was more like 85%. Not trying to make excuses, just getting sick sucks. But, I'm feeling better and better. Thank God thats over, I'm sure I'll get back to 100% in no time.

EternalSearcher
04-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Well.... I needed a few days off. I watched my diet while I didn't feel well, so I am still going down in weight. I'm down to 240 this morning. I went to the gym yesterday, just did a little cardio, and lifted light. I went back to full bore today.

Training for 4/27/10

Bench Press 225X6+2+2+2
Triceps Cable Pulls 100X6+2+2+2
Curls 65X6+2+2+2

Same as right before I was sick :) Motivation's great, and I feel fantastic now.

EternalSearcher
05-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Ok ,since I've felt better, I've been slacking on updates, but NOT in the gym or on my diet. My diet is tighter than ever, I haven't cheated in weeks, and love it. My training has really been good. I've added cardio 5X a week now, and my conditioning is better than it's been since I was a teenager! I'm down to a much leaner figure. I weighed 235 this morning, and I'm still maintaining all my strength.

I'll start writing stuff down again. Sorry about forgetting to update. But, like i said, I've stuck to the program pretty tightly. You will definitely notice the difference between my starting pictures, and my afters. I said I would lose 20lbs, but, I hope you dont mind 30.:)

IMO... Diet is 80% of the work. Teaching me how to moniter and change my diet has changed my life. So, thanks for that. I think that, now that my mind realized what my body is capable of, there's no turning back now.

tomsids
05-07-2010, 12:08 PM
IMO... Diet is 80% of the work. Teaching me how to moniter and change my diet has changed my life. So, thanks for that. I think that, now that my mind realized what my body is capable of, there's no turning back now.

I totally agree. Great work!
TB

Daniel Roberts
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Ok chief, lets see it. I want to see the absence of 30lbs of fat! Great work by the way, how's the strength now you're recovered?

EternalSearcher
05-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Ok chief, lets see it. I want to see the absence of 30lbs of fat! Great work by the way, how's the strength now you're recovered?
GREAT!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEFORE HCT-12

Bench 235lbs
Squat 295lbs
Dealift 350lbs

All lifts done on separte days. Total 880

Bodyweight 240
(Got up to 258 during the program)

Waistline - (Measured at the fattest part of lovehandles to just below the bellybutton) - 43inches
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER HCT-12

I got good and warmed up. I did this competition style. All these 9 lifts were done today, within 1 1/2 hours. And I did all 3 lifts on each excercise in 10minutes or less

Bench 225lbs rest 4.5min, 250lbs rest 4.5min, Maxed @ 275
Rest 20min
Squat 275lbs rest 4.5min, 305lbs rest 4.5min, Maxed @ 335
Rest 20min
Deads 305lbs rest 4.5min, 375lbs rest 4.5min, Maxed @ 395

Total - 1,005lbs

Improvement = 125lbs

BodyWeight Today-235 (Down from the 258 I got up to)

Waistline (Measured the same way) - 40inches
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moral of the Story

HCT-12 WORKS!!!

It's changed my life. I'll be using the knowledge I've gained for the rest of my life.

EternalSearcher
05-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Ill post my after pics later today.

EternalSearcher
05-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Taken today 5/17/10

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4233/relaxedd.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/69/frontpose1.jpg

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9675/backok.jpg

EternalSearcher
05-17-2010, 03:44 PM
This is Me at the Start of the Program:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6629/eweek9110709.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4909/startofprogram.jpg

EternalSearcher
05-17-2010, 03:59 PM
GEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!!

You see a difference??? WOW. I just looked myself, at the difference I made......I dont even know what to say...

except

THANK YOU DANIEL ROBERTS and DANIEL CLOUGH!!!!!

Daniel Roberts
05-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Wow - that back and front double biceps really show the difference, much bigger but also much leaner - I would love to know the detailed before and afters but we didn't have the resources for bf measuring etc but nevermind the pics and the weight increases are plenty. At 6' and 235lbs you're a big man and I'm sure your numbers will rocket, keep me posted, now that you're on this path I want to see where it takes you.

EternalSearcher
05-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Wow - that back and front double biceps really show the difference, much bigger but also much leaner - I would love to know the detailed before and afters but we didn't have the resources for bf measuring etc but nevermind the pics and the weight increases are plenty. At 6' and 235lbs you're a big man and I'm sure your numbers will rocket, keep me posted, now that you're on this path I want to see where it takes you.

I'll keep you posted with my progress now and then. I want to compete in some amatuer strongman competitions next year. I think I have what it takes to really make it one day. We'll see if I'm right.

I've been telling people to check out the program, I hope a few do. It changed my life, so I imagine it'll help just about anyone that tries it out.

You want to see my overall progress. I weigh 235 now, but here's me at 235lbs before I started lifting

Pic taken 09-04-2009
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8964/aweek0090409.jpg

Daniel Roberts
05-20-2010, 09:09 AM
That is a great photo; mind if we use that? 235lbs before and after that certainly is a transformation. Just PM me occasionally, it'd be good to know how you're getting on and like I said you're a big man, I'm sure there's a future for you in strength sports.

EternalSearcher
05-20-2010, 12:25 PM
That is a great photo; mind if we use that? 235lbs before and after that certainly is a transformation. Just PM me occasionally, it'd be good to know how you're getting on and like I said you're a big man, I'm sure there's a future for you in strength sports.

I really hope so.

Use anything in this thread you want, it's the least I can do.

EternalSearcher
05-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Bench is up to 235X6+2+2+2!!! YAY

EternalSearcher
06-10-2010, 04:04 PM
I thought a side by side would make it easier, for any lookers, when the journals go public.

My HCT-12 results after 12 weeks of HCT-12:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8342/beforeafterhct12.jpg

Just for giggles, My overall progress:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5355/overallprogress.jpg

Isn't it crazy that I weight the same in ALL of these pics.

Gumby
06-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Good stuff man! Very inspirational

Off Road
06-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Yup...great progress big guy.

depotman
06-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Definitely nice work.

Joe Black
06-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Great work, I know just how hard it i to show a very visible improvement in 12 weeks, but you're leaner, bigger and stronger for sure - congrats!

Jered
06-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Looks really good, hell of an improvement. Providing motivation for me, keep it up.

Kong
06-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Awesome progress mate. Think i definitely need to give this a try.

thanky0ujesus
06-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Man, awesome results. Looks like you took all the weight from your midsection and shoved it up to your shoulders and chest.. in a good way that is.. all muscle!