PDA

View Full Version : Diet + Workout Plan Newb ADVICE/HELP

MilesT
02-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi All,

Basically just started gym and am looking to drop around 20kg and gain a lot of muscle definition.

Height : 173cm
Weight : 213.4 lbs

Calorie Intake unknown at the moment haven't measured it up with what i'm eating.

Goal :

Want to lose 44lbs and gain a lot of muscle definition and then eventually get bigger.. My current weight loss goal is 1.5kgs a week. I am taking Hurley's Ripped 2 times a day breakfast and 1 hour before gym. After reading a bit i may start taking it an hour after gym as well.

Diet :

http://i46.tinypic.com/23ra3qt.jpg

M1 = Shake
M2 = Fruit Salad
M3 = Tuna Wraps with Salad or Beef/Chicken with some Rice or Pasta
M4 = Shake
M5 = Beef/Chicken slow carbs
GYM 1 Hour
M6 Shake

Work Out :

20Mins Sprint Training ( Intervals 30sec on 60 secs off, Building it up as only 3rd week in to gym. Aim to go 60 on 30 off )
Upper Body :
Flat Press 12,10,8,MAX
ISO Rows 12,10,8,MAX
Hammer Pull downs 12,10,8,MAX
Shoulder Press 12,10,8,MAX
Crunches 10,10,10,MAX ( Excersize Ball previous back issues )
Planks 30sec,30sec,30sec,MAX
10mins fat burning on the bike

Lifting pretty much everything at around 20-30kgs currently going to be increasing the weights start of next week. two week intervals of same weight then go up by 5. Goal is to get on to free weights once i finish this cycle of Hurley's ripped. As if my estimated weight loss is accurate which will be 1kg a week with a 3 month cycle of ripped will lose 16kgs and the 20kg goal i have the 4kg's should be muscle by then so 16kg is perfect. ( If that makes any sense haha )

I started doing some leg weights basic stuff but figured i want to wait until i drop my gut and man boobs first. As the cardio will be keeping my legs fairly strong for now.

Well i have tried to be as detailed as possible sorry if it is not what your looking for but any advice would be greatly appreciated. am open to positive criticism.

Thanks in advance

M.

tom183
02-17-2010, 12:02 AM
How can we give advice when you round your height off to 14 decimal places. Seriously, we need exact measurements around here.

M1 = Shake
M2 = Fruit Salad
M3 = Tuna Wraps with Salad or Beef/Chicken with some Rice or Pasta
M4 = Shake
M5 = Beef/Chicken slow carbs
GYM 1 Hour
M6 Shake

Looks OK at face value but we can't really give advice without knowing specific ingredients, quantities, calories and macros.

20Mins Sprint Training ( Intervals 30sec on 60 secs off, Building it up as only 3rd week in to gym. Aim to go 60 on 30 off )
Upper Body :
Flat Press 12,10,8,MAX
ISO Rows 12,10,8,MAX
Hammer Pull downs 12,10,8,MAX
Shoulder Press 12,10,8,MAX
Crunches 10,10,10,MAX ( Excersize Ball previous back issues )
Planks 30sec,30sec,30sec,MAX
10mins fat burning on the bike

Looks awful. Read the 'Starting Strength' thread which is stickied in the Bodybuilding and Weightlifting forum.

I started doing some leg weights basic stuff but figured i want to wait until i drop my gut and man boobs first.

Why?

MilesT
02-17-2010, 03:05 PM
How can we give advice when you round your height off to 14 decimal places. Seriously, we need exact measurements around here.

Are you serious? Take the decimal points off. I have edited it anyway just in case.

Looks OK at face value but we can't really give advice without knowing specific ingredients, quantities, calories and macros.

Will provide once i can.

Looks awful. Read the 'Starting Strength' thread which is stickied in the Bodybuilding and Weightlifting forum.

How will starting strength help me? I have already read the forums hence my posting I need expert advice not someone to tell me to read generic threads.

Why?

Why you ask. Pretty much i have been off for 19months with a back problem and have had surgery. Any back lifting i cannot do heavily as of yet. Need to wait until my core becomes stronger. So as a result of no exercise for this amount of time my legs are weak and i cannot do 20 minutes of fat burning and then 30 minute leg weights then 10 fat burning again. If you read my post properly you would of seen that cardio is a big part to building up normal body strength+core

Can anyone else who posts please not post if you do not have advice to give?

Off Road
02-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Seriously, that's how you treat people that are trying to help? This is a free forum, people are allowed to give advice as long as it is intended to help. Check the attitude please. Tom asked some legitimate questions.

Focused70
02-17-2010, 08:28 PM
<snip>

Why you ask. Pretty much i have been off for 19months with a back problem and have had surgery. Any back lifting i cannot do heavily as of yet. Need to wait until my core becomes stronger. So as a result of no exercise for this amount of time my legs are weak and i cannot do 20 minutes of fat burning and then 30 minute leg weights then 10 fat burning again. If you read my post properly you would of seen that cardio is a big part to building up normal body strength+core

LIGHT squats and deadlifts will make your core stronger. Start with just the bar and increase gradually but take it super slow and super easy.

If you can't do weight-bearing leg movements, there's always fun with medicine balls.

There's really no reason to completely eliminate those movements unless it's something like a herniated disc (in which case you shouldn't even be in the gym to begin with).

MilesT
02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
LIGHT squats and deadlifts will make your core stronger. Start with just the bar and increase gradually but take it super slow and super easy.

If you can't do weight-bearing leg movements, there's always fun with medicine balls.

There's really no reason to completely eliminate those movements unless it's something like a herniated disc (in which case you shouldn't even be in the gym to begin with).

herniated disc it was a trapped sciatic nerve. Have had an op now and need to get fit and strong again.

I will start doing squats then with really light weights and build myself up over a long period.

VikingWarlord
02-18-2010, 06:32 AM
How will starting strength help me? I have already read the forums hence my posting I need expert advice not someone to tell me to read generic threads.

He suggested it because your routine sucks. Starting Strength is a solid routine for beginners. After the length of time off you've taken plus the surgery, you're essentially back to being a beginner. Aside from that, your rep ranges are too high for someone in caloric deficit. You'll be much more successful with heavier weights at lower sets.

None of this makes any sense. First of all, cardio does NOT burn fat. Cardio is also not a key in building muscular strength. It's for strengthening the cardiovascular system and that's it. Fat loss comes through diet first and foremost. By the way, yours doesn't look that good either. Cut the fat and carbs and boost the protein.

A 1.5kg per week fat loss goal is unrealistic. A 1lb/week goal is far more normal, moderate, and should minimize LBM loss as long as you're lifting as heavy as possible while doing it.

You're not paying anyone for any of this, people are trying to help you out of the goodness of their hearts. It's obvious you're mistaken about many facets of training. When your mistaken beliefs are challenged and someone tells you something you don't want to hear, don't be a dick. Check your pride at the door.