PDA

View Full Version : tampa area powerlifting gym

bigjeff87
02-17-2010, 10:46 AM
hey guys...wheres a good hardcore powerlifting gym in the Tampa area that has all the necessary equipment! thx

Travis Bell
02-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Look up Tampa Barbell - Tommy Fannons gym.

Tommy has more than enough stuff to take care of someone. Make sure you contact him prior to stopping by though.

bigjeff87
02-17-2010, 11:00 AM
ok thanks!..Last I heard they werent excepting new members on there club..but I will call to make sure..

AdamBAG
02-17-2010, 12:23 PM
I cannot imagine that they would turn you away if you told them you want to be a competitive powerlifter, although I believe they want 3 lift guys only and want you to compete in gear.

Brian Hopper
02-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Tampa Barbell would be your best shot. Tommy pretty much has everything you need to get strong. I would defintely get in contact with him before you stop by. If you are serious about lifting and competeing, then I don't think Tommy would turn you away.

FeedingDaBeast
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
in all reality tampa only has a couple true PL gyms, tampa barbell, pitbull gym, powerhouse. but pitbull is closed now, powerhouse is good still. if you can get into tommys gym thats awesome. i used to train at pitbull but since it closed im stuck at the golds like 2mins from tommys gym. surprisingly golds gym hasnt given me any crap about chalk, loud noise, or anything. power house will have more equipment though.

KarstenDD
02-17-2010, 07:43 PM
they want 3 lift guys only and want you to compete in gear.

That's what I read on their blog recently.

bigjeff87
02-19-2010, 11:40 AM
ok cool thanks guys...appreciate the input..

tfannon
02-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey Guys,

Tampa Barbell is always accepting people that are serious about powerlifting. We have had some growing pains recently where I had to shed some of the people who were not putting in the appropriate amount of time.

The best thing a new person can do is schedule a visit and see if the environment is right for you. I can tell you you will either love it or feel uncomfortable with it right away. In addition, I feel that some folks would do better under Tony Conyers and I have no problem recommending him as well.

By all means schedule a time to stop by.

Tommy Fannon
www.tampabarbell.com

-TF