PDA

View Full Version : Time to get a deadlift suit

george okunev
02-17-2010, 06:08 PM
I am just shy of 6'3 and currently weight in at 250lbs. will go upto 275 in future. I pull only conventional. I am jus shy of 600lbs raw and I think its time to invest in a suit. I compete in a WPC ruled fed and would like to go for a top line suit right away.

I am leaning towards the Inzer Max DL because it has a 2 ply option and because of its track record. I am told that some of the new single ply suits are just as good if not better (inzer fusion, Titan Velocity, Metal Pro deadlifter). I am blessed with long arms and a good lockout. I go upto 750lbs raw from my knees. I have good power of the floor and if i get the weight to my knees, I always lock it out.

Just want to see peoples view on suits.

thanks guys and girls.

Brian Hopper
02-17-2010, 06:16 PM
I recommend the Metal Pro King DL suit!!! I haven't tried the Fusion or Velocity yet and thats only because i'm still learning this suit. But I do like it alot, and there are two people on this forum that are getting 100lbs out of the same suit and they pull conventional as well.

Sean S
02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
I would go with one of the Metal suits. I had good luck with the Metal pro deadlifter, but would probably go with the King if I decided to get one now. I've also used the Inzer MaxDL suit and it sucked. The Metal suit was light years better than the MaxDL.

douglasoh5
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
def go with one of the metal suit....best out there....I use a 4 year old reg metal pro that iv added velcro to the straps and its still money....but since the king comes with them id just get it....and a max dl is JUNK

mastermonster
02-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I've used the max DL in 1 and 2 ply. Also, Titans old deadlift suit. Also pulled a while in the centurion squat suit. The Titan Velocity buries them all! Get it with velcro. I wear it tight. I'm 5'10" and about 288 right now and I can get to the bar fine with a 46. Weight flies off the floor! Good luck with whichever you go with.

Buddy McKee

robchris
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
2nd the Titan velocity... Good pop off the floor!

MarcusWild
02-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Whatever you get, make sure you get the version with velcro straps. It's the only way to go. I use the metal king pro, and it's a good suit.

george okunev
02-17-2010, 09:25 PM
The only thing that worries bout me with metal gear is that alot of people complain about leg openings on there suits being very small. As in too small for normal lifters.

SELK
02-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah that can be a problem if you have large legs. I think I am going to have to give up my king DLer beacuse of it. I think it is a decent suit, I only got like 20-30lbs carryover though most likely because I don't know how to use it.

MarcusWild
02-18-2010, 01:03 AM
The way the king fits is that it only has to be tight in the legs. It's useless without the straps up. The straps are what make the rest of it get tight. That's why the velcro is so important. It's single ply so the legs have some give to them in terms of squeezing into it..

jtteg_x
02-18-2010, 04:25 AM
+1 to the Metal King Pro Deadlifter with adjustable straps. It gave me tremendous support compared to the Titan Centurion. Adjustable straps are a must for me from now on.

douglasoh5
02-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Like everyone else says its all about the legs...the hips dont have to be remotely tight at all. mine is masive in the hips. just look at the sizing chart for the legs. and then the rest of the suit is about learning to crank the straps....if you can get the suit up without slippers its to big....it needs to be very tight

george okunev
02-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Looks like it will be a Metal Pro King Deadlifter. Would any one of you recomend briefs under the deadlift suit. I have read of people doing this but I see most of them are sumo style lifters. Would this work for conventional? If yes, would metal pro briefs work?

Brian Hopper
02-18-2010, 10:02 PM
I have tried wearing my single ply titan briefs under the suit and I think it's to much for me. But I have been thinking about giving it another try. But as of right now, I don't wear any briefs under my suit.

macmad
02-18-2010, 10:37 PM
The only thing that worries bout me with metal gear is that alot of people complain about leg openings on there suits being very small. As in too small for normal lifters.

George,
Metal customs are really fast to Perth. My last king suit arrived in 8 days from Finland , and that was a custom.
All my Metal King suits have been custom with bigger legs
Just send Minna your measurements. Freight was about $50 which is pretty similar to what I've paid from lifting large for titan stuff

for a conventional suit I reckon having the straps ultra tight is the main thing, legs, belly and hips you just want snug.

Paul

douglasoh5
02-19-2010, 04:29 AM
The only way i would recomend doing that would be as a filler meaning the suit was a hair to big but the next size down would be a masive pain in the butt to try and work with. you would want to pick brief depending on how much space needs taken up. boss and preds thin....ace thick for a while i used a large king suit with a pair of ace briefs under it. the suit was actually two sizes too big but the briefs are so dang thick it fill the legs out

george okunev
02-26-2010, 01:56 AM
I few guys have said that the double ply max DL in Crap. No one can tell me why thought. It seems to work for Andy Bolton ok. The reason I ask is I am placing a large order for gear in a couple of days. the store does not stock Metal and neither Elite nor Metal do other equipmetn I am ordering. Incase you ask, I emailed them both to make sure.

So whats so bad about the Good old Inzer Max Dl in double ply?

douglasoh5
02-26-2010, 04:42 AM
Dude just buy the dang thing and figure it out on ur own.

Sean S
02-26-2010, 07:31 AM
I few guys have said that the double ply max DL in Crap. No one can tell me why thought. It seems to work for Andy Bolton ok. The reason I ask is I am placing a large order for gear in a couple of days. the store does not stock Metal and neither Elite nor Metal do other equipmetn I am ordering. Incase you ask, I emailed them both to make sure.

So whats so bad about the Good old Inzer Max Dl in double ply?

Because the material is really stretchy and it doesn't give you any pop out of the bottom. I didn't get a single pound out of it, while I was getting 50+ out of the Metal suit. If your biggest priority is ordering everything from the same place, then get the MaxDL. If you want a suit that will give you the best carryover, then get a Metal suit.

george okunev
02-27-2010, 01:33 AM
LOL. Thanks guys. Awsome to see passion when it comes to gear. The reason I asked is alot of the time you just get people hating something just for the sake of hating it. Or because they got 51lbs from one suit and only 50lbs from another. If you are one pound away from a Win than fair enough. I am far from that yet. I will be ordering the Metal suit in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you.

muscle_g
02-27-2010, 07:33 AM
If your looking and wanting to stay with Inzer gear, and are a conventional deadlifter why don't you just get a Fusion deadlift suit?

ehubbard
02-27-2010, 05:32 PM

Another vote for the MetalKing Pro. If you worried about a little pain and bruising on your legs you are in the wrong sport. Yes, the suit is a little tight in the legs but the pain is managable.

george okunev
02-27-2010, 05:36 PM
It doesnt get very good reviews either. I will get the metal. It would be great to have a store which is not brand orientated. one stop shop for all your powerlifting needs. The down side of being so far away from the rest of the world is shipping can cost half as much as the gear it self.

abbcccxyyzzz
03-07-2010, 02:43 AM
From what I read dont go with inzer. Titan is more economically cheaper and better for beginners to learn how to use a suit. I RECENTLY just got a titan velocity sumo (used) and it gives good pop out of the bottom. Likewise, Metal is the way to go for the best in the business (but pricey) with Titan very close 2nd.