PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bell's Slingshot

StLRPh
02-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Anyone know anything about this that they can share? Seen some hints and teasers. It helps your bench press training, can add 30+ lbs and isn't a bench shirt. Is it for geared, raw, or both lifters?

Thanks,

Travis Bell
02-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Chris Taylor made something similar to it with some elastic bands (not rubber bands)

We've played around with stuff using the jump stretch bands at the gym.

If it's what I'm thinking of, it simulates a bench shirt bar path, without the need of putting on a bench shirt.

Lones Green
02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
I saw someone post a video here a couple years ago using something similar to that, only it was a piece of wrist wrap that sat on the chest

Mark Bell
02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
My brother Travis is a fat liar. It's part of the Bell gene to be fat, but to make stuff up out of the blue, just isn't nice Travis.

Anyway, The cat will be out of the bag soon at the 2010 Arnold at the BodyBuilding.com booth and the Met-Rx Booth. I'm going to the Arnold with 1 Sling Shot and myself Hopefully I don't sell out to fast.

I wish I had a bunch made up but it's just taking some time. This sucker will be ready 100% in about 6 weeks.

The Sling Shot itself will cost 30 beans and if you want wrist wraps with it, it'll be 40 bucks total.
Notice I didn't say 39.99. People sell drugs on the street all day long with out any fancy gimmicks or prticing. Same thing applys here, this is a great product and you guys will love how simple and effective it is.

I do have a patent on the Sling Shot and when it arrives you will be dying for people to ask hey, HowMuchYaBench?

More info coming soon at www.HowMuchYaBench.com

robchris
02-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Awesome... cant wait to see one!

Count me in!

StLRPh
02-25-2010, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the update Mark

Travis Bell
02-25-2010, 08:09 AM
My brother Travis is a fat liar. It's part of the Bell gene to be fat, but to make stuff up out of the blue, just isn't nice Travis.

Anyway, The cat will be out of the bag soon at the 2010 Arnold at the BodyBuilding.com booth and the Met-Rx Booth. I'm going to the Arnold with 1 Sling Shot and myself Hopefully I don't sell out to fast.

I wish I had a bunch made up but it's just taking some time. This sucker will be ready 100% in about 6 weeks.

The Sling Shot itself will cost 30 beans and if you want wrist wraps with it, it'll be 40 bucks total.
Notice I didn't say 39.99. People sell drugs on the street all day long with out any fancy gimmicks or prticing. Same thing applys here, this is a great product and you guys will love how simple and effective it is.

I do have a patent on the Sling Shot and when it arrives you will be dying for people to ask hey, HowMuchYaBench?

More info coming soon at www.HowMuchYaBench.com

OOOO, look at me. I'm Mark, I went from superfats down to 275 so I'm all super sexy now.

Admit it Mark, Stan got to you. You want to be a bodybuilder now. Besides. I freaking love cheeseburgers. I'm going to punch you in the knee caps next time I see you. But because I do speed bench, you won't even know what happened.

hahahaha. In all seriousness, my mistake on the information. I was misinformed, or I misunderstood. Take your pic lol. Looking forward to seeing what you come out with big guy.

Ripe1
03-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Any info now?

StLRPh
04-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I saw a video today posted on his youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/supertraining06

Mostly for guys in gear? What would be a good way to incorporate it into raw work?

AdamBAG
04-04-2010, 06:53 PM
To me it looks like something intended for shirted benchers.

Mark Bell
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
The Sling Shot will allow you to overload your body while reducing risk of injury. Staying healthy is a huge part of it and so is handling heavy ****. It works great for Raw and shirted benchers. It helps you overload by 10-15% and really only gives you a spring out of the bottom where your shoulders are in the most danger.
Here is a new video....

Sling Shot video www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXTNYAm-A1w

Detard
04-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Looks like a pretty solid addition to the gear bag. I cant wait to pick one of these up

Rob Luyando
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Mark let me test out the sling shot while at the Arnold. Definately recomend the sling shot to any type of lifter. Great for rehab!

Mark Bell
04-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Uo_dRnEb7Ck

robchris
04-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Loved the video... Awesome piece of equipment!

When will it be available???

Mark Bell
04-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Guys It's taking longer then I thought but it needs to be right.
Here is another clip.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMkI73ZQ3q0

ThomasG
04-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Mark I'm a little confused on how this will be beneficial for a raw bencher. It spring you out of the bottom so it could help with lockout work?

Also sorry to hear about your brother my condolences go out to your family.

Mark Bell
04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Most of the strongest benchers Raw or otherwise in the world train in bench shirts. This is due to the fact they can overload the muscles without getting hurt.
Scott Mendleson comes to mind on this one. I know there others out there who only go raw though. Also keep in mind that this device will basically allow you to lift 10-20% more. Someone might get 3 times that out of bench shirt. So the overload will allow you train hard and heavy without getting hurt.

In testing at Super Training we have found by pausing the weight just a little bit will get rid of over doing the rebound effect you'll get from the sling ****.

In short the sling shot helps absorb the eccentric portion of the lift. In many ways it's like reverse band work, or in a strange way like benching against bands as well. in either example the weights are lighter off the chest which is more friendly to the shoulders.
The Sling Shot 1st and foremost is a protective device. It can help prevent injuries or prevent further injuries to someone who is banged up.

If your best raw bench is 300 you may be able to do 315-330 for a double or triple. Ya, see it's not allowing to push some crazy amount but gives you enough support to handle weights your probably not to far off from. You could also probably do about 225 for 2-3 sets of 16-20 reps with out getting insanely sore.

I hope this helps.

Any other questions?

ThomasG
04-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Cool thanks Mark, I look forward to using it.

Tim K
04-14-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting this thing to enter into production. Looks like a 'cool tool.'

Mark Bell
06-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Sorry for the long delay guys but looks like July is the month of the sling shot.
www.HowMuchYaBench.net

Tim K
06-21-2010, 06:31 AM
Sorry for the long delay guys but looks like July is the month of the sling shot.
www.HowMuchYaBench.net

Woohoo! Can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

Mark Bell
07-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Sling Shot Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3pxQpHyu5Q

Erik 23
07-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Sling Shot Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3pxQpHyu5Q

Are you still bringing this out in july?And can this be purchased on the howmuchyabench.com website or is it gonna be available to buy on the supertraining website.Thanx.

josh777m
07-07-2010, 10:23 AM
im also really interested in this whens it coming out

NUCadet97
07-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Any update Mark?? And will there be multiple sizes??
I have been using the one we recieved at SPF Nats but I really would like to try a medium and also have been asked by a few people at the gym where to get one i would like to tell them when it will be available.

BTW one of my buds hadn't bench in over a year due to some shoulder issues, he tried the slingshot and loves it, put up 275 like it was nothing and with no pain.

Thanks

Jake Impastato
07-21-2010, 07:04 PM
I could see it helping the bench even for raw lifters. It is just a new form of band work which we all know works very well. Some people may prefer this as it seems to give you some support rather than just an increase in pressure.

Ryan Bracewell
10-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Where can these be bought? I went to link Mark provided and saw nothing.

JimMcD
10-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Where can these be bought? I went to link Mark provided and saw nothing.

http://www.howmuchyabench.net/

Third menu tab "Buy the Sling Shot"

jtteg_x
10-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Picked mine up the other week. It increased my dips by +45lb (was +45lb for 8, now +90lb for 8). I'm a 300lb raw bencher. I used the slingshot with straight weight just this past ME bench day. I was able to put up 340lbx3. And for the hell of it, I did high reps with 225lbx24, which is twice as many reps I can do without it (225lbx12). My training partner is in his 50's with serious shoulder issues. He loves the slingshot for his assistance work and wearing it on the last warm up set before putting the shirt on. two thumbs up for the slingshot from me

jimmc
11-08-2010, 03:52 PM
In reference to the sling shot product. I pithched this idea to loiu simmons a good year and a hal ago i sent him videos of me using strech bands around my elbows then going across my chest. I have the emails to priove i i was picting an idea to him and he said he nevr heard or seen it .. so im sure no one else was ever using it either, non the less i was hoping to market an ide with him . well i showed some friend shere in ohio even talked with mr simmons on the phone . a poweerlifetr friend of mine folows the sport more then i do so the sling shot product on the market and know right away it was my idea. i only have emails dated to prove it and videos of my doing it with strecht bands long before this product ever came along. im sure tehy will never admit it just we know the truth., truct is just take some strong dtrech bands long or short around ur elbows and the front comes over you chest,, smae thing givve it a try it works great..

jimmc
11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
ye travis it is the samething i am the guy from ohio that gave the idea to loiue that he said he showed some of his lifters and liked it i emailed him and spoke with him on the phone he said he had some of his guys try it and liked the idea . just put the strect bands around your elbows and let the front come across low on the chest if using a long strecth band double it up and twist it a cpl times . or u can get the short 12 in strong strech bands slip ur arms into it like the sling shot and keep it low across the chest ..

Chris Taylor made something similar to it with some elastic bands (not rubber bands)

We've played around with stuff using the jump stretch bands at the gym.

If it's what I'm thinking of, it simulates a bench shirt bar path, without the need of putting on a bench shirt.

dedsqtbnch
11-10-2010, 06:23 PM
my max is around 405 and i got 455 out of it i was like :omg:

jimmc
11-12-2010, 08:06 AM
try and double up a strecth band and twist it in front keep it low on the chest im sure u will get the same affect and save some money same thing

my max is around 405 and i got 455 out of it i was like :omg: