PDA

View Full Version : Some Bench legends returning

JasonLift
02-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Looks like Bill Crawford is going to be competing again in April, and Ryan Kennelly already competed in Dec and while be doing another contest this weekend.

vdizenzo
02-18-2010, 12:46 PM
I am really excited to see Bill compete again. He taught me so much about benching. I have missed him in the sport. I will completely unprepared, but I might just compete in April just to be on the same platform with him.

Rob Luyando
02-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Come on vin u just did a meet a few weeks ago plenty of time to get ready for a new pr. might be a good excuse for road trip. Hmmm......

vdizenzo
02-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Come on vin u just did a meet a few weeks ago plenty of time to get ready for a new pr. might be a good excuse for road trip. Hmmm......

It would be awsome if you made it. You know I'm a huge fan.

I am really gearing up for July. There is a Eruropa/Fit Expo type of thing happening here in my home state of CT. I am planning on a long break in process on a tighter shirt. I talked to Rhodes last night and told him I want to do this meet in April. He told me just to train like I was going to for July and count the April meet as a heavy training day.

I figure I will not have enough time to break in/learn the new shirt and have built up enough strength to use it by then. My ultimate goal is to learn a tighter shirt so I can put up the numbers I should be capable of. Also, I'll be in Aruba for a week right before the meet.

I am big on planning. So if I do compete in this meet, it's going to be for fun and because I feel like it. I will not put any pressure on myself. Whenever I have not really stuck with a plan or had enough time, I have always let myself down. This one would just be about good times with good people.

Rob Luyando
02-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Vincent when I used to do meet after meet I would set my main focusson my long time goal and treat every meet that interfered with my main plan as a heavy training day with a crowd. If you are going on vacation the week before the April meet that will be a great deload week and will do you good. You won't be cutting weight so no pressure just a fun meet with old friends.

Travis Bell
02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm really excited as well to see what Bill can do. What a cool guy.

Rob, Bill and Vincent all in one meet would be pretty sick

douglasoh5
02-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Bill is a badass. love watching him bench

ScottYard
02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Bill is the man. When I did the Arnold in 07 I took a shot at his record and went for 865. Right before the lift Bill came right up to me jacked my shirt down and and slapped me in the head and said go get that damn thing. 865 buried me that day but I thought it was cool considering i had never met him before.

Definately a asset to the sport on many levels.

mastermonster
02-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm glad to hear Bill's back. At 06 WPC World,s after I bombed on the bench; He took me back to the warm up room later and worked about 30 minutes with me. Didn't know me from Adam's house cat! He opened up a whole new world of benching for me. Great guy!

bigbadwolfe
02-20-2010, 08:02 AM
I'll agree with Scott basicly the same thing happeneded with me at the 07 Arnold. I had never met Bill and he was right there the whole way pushing me and helping me out. Ive never seen him bench in person so it'll be cool to hopefully get to see him lift.

ScottYard
02-21-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll agree with Scott basicly the same thing happeneded with me at the 07 Arnold. I had never met Bill and he was right there the whole way pushing me and helping me out. Ive never seen him bench in person so it'll be cool to hopefully get to see him lift.

The only difference was on that day you hit 860............................while it barried me lol.