PDA

View Full Version : my evaluation day video - - critiques welcome

BloodandThunder
02-18-2010, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xytRu76IY3g

Vids from last night. Basically a mini-meet in the middle of my modified sheiko . Took about 2 hours straight.
critiques welcome (besides the obvious brick wall i hit about an inch from lockout in DL)...

skinny99
02-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Great lifts.

Ben F Burgess
02-20-2010, 03:38 AM
What cycles did you run and how did you modify them?

muscle_g
02-20-2010, 05:37 AM
Nice lifts man! What kind of suit are you using?

ehubbard
02-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Based on what I have seen in USAPL videos, my guess is that those benches would all get red lighted (pause too short, hip drive may be seen as glutes coming off the bench even though they dont). Also in the second bench it looked like your feet weren't flat on the floor, which I believe they need to be. The only other thing I could see that may be an issue in a USAPL meet is that you carry the bar low, I am not that familiar with the rule book but it is possible a judge may call you on it.

Other than all the BS above, some real nice lifting.

blownby
02-20-2010, 07:05 AM
as far as just form standpoint.......Looks like your knees drift in on your squats.

If you looking for technical comments......
Depth looked a bit high on squat....but hard to tell from vid angle. Also if you have done meets before than you know what you need for depth
Bench pause looked a bit quick especially second.....the call is usually fairly quick when showing good control and you seemed to be fine with that. Yeah & watch the hips/ butt drive as from vid looks like it comes up....but probably doesn't...but judges will see fine.
Dead looks good...just that stall like u said about an 1-2" at top, but you seem to mustard thru it fine

AdamBAG
02-20-2010, 07:15 AM
I thought your lifts all looked good. No way to judge depth on that vid. If somebody was calling depth and said you broke then I wouldn't argue with them, looked like it was there. I thought your benches and deads looked really good.

BloodandThunder
02-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I run the standard Sheiko CMS/MS routine. However, twice a week I squat 2 or 3 sets of my highest percentage sets that day with loose training gear. For deads, I typically do the the same with the highest percentage of the week geared. For bench, once or twice a week I do 2 board for some of the 80% work. As the cycle progresses, I do 85 and 90% work with a loose shirt. I also add Rack Presses in for the secondary sets. My goal with bench is that 3/4 days of the week I like to handle weights that are 80% or higher of my geared lift.

BloodandThunder
02-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Nice lifts man! What kind of suit are you using?

a 7 year old Titan Centurion (pre NXG plus) that slips on in a few seconds. I'm around 234 in that video. I'll cut down to 230 then drop 10 pounds the week of the meet, which I can then squeeze into my Blue Centurion NXG Plus. The grooves are very similar so it doesn't throw me off. I used Inzer wraps in the 630 but I don't respond very well to rebound type wraps (as evidenced by my lose of arch coming up). I used 2 m Convicts in the 2nd

BloodandThunder
02-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the points guys. I'll take these into account.

Lones Green
02-20-2010, 02:54 PM
a 7 year old Titan Centurion (pre NXG plus) that slips on in a few seconds. I'm around 234 in that video. I'll cut down to 230 then drop 10 pounds the week of the meet, which I can then squeeze into my Blue Centurion NXG Plus. The grooves are very similar so it doesn't throw me off. I used Inzer wraps in the 630 but I don't respond very well to rebound type wraps (as evidenced by my lose of arch coming up). I used 2 m Convicts in the 2nd

Thats what I was going to say, the 2nd squat looked awful on the way up. The last one was much better

mastermonster
02-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Good stuff! I don't do USAPL meets but it all looked legal from the video view. I wonder if the USAPL gives a s**t what the rulsbook says. But by the wording of them, you should be fine. If you've already done their meets and know what they 'want'; you should be fine. Good luck!

abbcccxyyzzz
03-07-2010, 03:39 AM
In your heavier deadlift (600 lbs) you rushed the set-up and did not open your legs all the way (which you did extremely well at the 545 lbs attempt.)

Ron C
03-08-2010, 09:00 AM
How could anyone make a comment on the depth of those squats based on that vid? Internet video squat depth judging (IVSDJ) has gotten way, way outa hand!! I'm gonna shoot a squat vid with the lens cap on, and no audio, and I'm sure I'll still get three reds from the IVSDJ!!!