PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Protein Shakes?

Pure Water
02-20-2010, 11:01 PM
Are there any specific protein shakes for bulking?
What do you usually go for in your protein shakes when you're trying to bulk?

Thanks.

VikingWarlord
02-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Are there any specific protein shakes for bulking?

Yes. Shakes that contain calories.

What do you usually go for in your protein shakes when you're trying to bulk?

Calories. Lots of them.

vdizenzo
02-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I used AtLargeNutrition's Maximus last time I bulked with great success. It's much higher quality than most gainers. It's got a blend of proteins, microlactin, flax, and much less sugar than most others. Plus, it's 15% off currently. If you want to check it out, I provided a link below..

http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=18

Pure Water
02-21-2010, 12:32 PM
It may help if I tell you the protein shake I'm currently using, it's a Precision ISO-PRO Low Carb (Whey Protein), chocolate flavour. It has:
Protein: 34g
Carbohydrates: 2g
Calories: 150

VikingWarlord, just more calories? Not more carbohydrates or anything else?

vdizenzo, I'll have to check that protein shake out when I next go to Popeye's.

VikingWarlord
02-21-2010, 06:31 PM
VikingWarlord, just more calories? Not more carbohydrates or anything else?

Pretty much. Bulking isn't rocket science. Once you hit your protein intake, take in calories from wherever you can. If you're gaining more fat than you'd like, take in fewer calories. That's really all there is to it.

james_w8lifter
02-21-2010, 06:59 PM
There are weight gainer shakes on the market. They simply have more calories and carbs than regular whey protein. Search google and you should find tons.

Pure Water
02-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Ok thanks guys.

maxcreigs
03-07-2010, 09:21 PM
The fact that the shake is simply skimmed milk, milk protein, water and a load of crap indicates that you would be much better off financially buying some whole fat milk and necking that with a bit of whey. And some maltodextrin if you are into insulin spikes.