PDA

View Full Version : Which SSB?

johnnyo_99
02-21-2010, 07:27 PM
in the market for SSB and need suggestions on the options out there, if you have a preference please discuss. Budget is ~$400

1. EFS Yoke Bar - most expensive but has the handle bars
2. Crepinsek SSB - tried and tested
3. New York Barbell - least expensive option

H_M
02-21-2010, 07:35 PM
i have a crepinsek ssb and my old training partner has an efs yoke ssb. both are built very well and you can't go wrong with either one. the handles on the efs bar are nice to have but that's pretty much the only difference. i'd stay away from the nybb ssb. they look very cheaply made and i've seen videos of them bending with 315.

Travis Bell
02-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah I've not heard tons of good things about the new york barbell one.

We have the crepensik one. Very good bar.

KarstenDD
02-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Consider this. (http://www.elitefts.com/documents/yoke_bar.htm) But don't consider the NYBB version.

JK1
02-21-2010, 11:26 PM
I have a Crepinsek SSB. that thing is virtually indestructable, and believe me, if anyone could f'up a bar, its me. If I were you, I'd give Ralph a call. He is making handles for his SSB too, he just doesn't advertise them. You need to call him. They are just a few dollars more.

Pete22
02-22-2010, 10:24 AM
I have the EFS Yoke one and it's great. I find the long handles a bit awkward though so I just took them off. I know they go on sale a few times a year, so keep a look out.