PDA

View Full Version : My Protein Powder Tastes Terrible

Zip Spin
02-21-2010, 10:21 PM
My protein powder is horrible. I mix two scoops with water and the taste is pretty much unbearable. Anyone have ideas on what I can mix it with to make it taste better? Or tips on just drinking it? Its vanilla muscle milk.

Spartan936
02-21-2010, 10:33 PM
It would probably taste much better with milk. Personally, I would add a little ice cream. Then again, I am bulking. Also, some protein powder tastes better than others.

Zip Spin
02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
I should have mentioned I'm bulking too. I can add anything. I was thinking adding it to ice cream. Maybe I'll try that.

tom183
02-22-2010, 12:13 AM
I should have mentioned I'm bulking too. I can add anything.

In that case, mix it with milk instead of water and add whatever you like the taste of. Chocolate syrup/powder, ice cream and a banana would be my choice.

Mark!
02-22-2010, 01:30 AM
I use 2% milk or soy milk, or just water, but it's Nitrean, it'd probably taste good in anything.

PatoriaN
02-22-2010, 02:36 AM
I add the "b-smart" milo. adds extra vitamin b's too.

Ice cream seems a little unhealthy to be having 2-3 times a day...(if thats how many shakes you take)

Joe Black
02-22-2010, 03:03 AM
My protein powder is horrible. I mix two scoops with water and the taste is pretty much unbearable. Anyone have ideas on what I can mix it with to make it taste better? Or tips on just drinking it? Its vanilla muscle milk.

s the guys say, using milk might change the taste some or consider adding in some fruit or somethiing with some flavour to help mask the taste.

Consider Nitrean by AtLarge Nutriiton next time you need some protein powder as it tastes great and is a high quality blend.